2024 Conference Finals

So angry EDM made the Finals, wanted Pavelski to get a chance. Plus EDM doesn’t deserve it in the slightest seeing as they only got McDavid by being inept, winning multiple 1st Overalls which made the league change the odds which gave them McDavid over us. 

I pray Florida humbles them 

9 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

The Oilers started tanking in 2011 and the Sabres started in 2014. At this trajectory we should make the finals in 2027. 

The Oilers have also been on pace for 100+ points each of the past 4 seasons and have made the playoffs 5 in a row, so... the Sabres are missing something.

Florida is so tenacious and fun to watch. I hope it's an entertaining series. Good playoff hockey is a beautiful bit of sport.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

So angry EDM made the Finals, wanted Pavelski to get a chance. Plus EDM doesn’t deserve it in the slightest seeing as they only got McDavid by being inept, winning multiple 1st Overalls which made the league change the odds which gave them McDavid over us. 

I pray Florida humbles them 

Go Oilers. Absolutely can’t stand the Panthers. 

• Disagree 1
  • dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It may be a sweep 

I said Panthers in 6 the other day, but my instinct is in 5. However, I just can't imagine the NHL not giving McDavid a little extra chance at hoisting the Cup.

Skinner's flaws will be exposed by Florida, but Florida will get a lot more time in the penalty box.

• Agree 1

Well, I still don't think the better team won, but there you go. Canada (sort of) and Corey Perry get to a cup final, Pavelski does not. I guess Dallas didn't get enough skates in the paint. 

I just can't see Florida losing the final. They are seasoned, they have the goaltending, they have the speed and they should dominate physically. They are healthy and will be rested as well. Tkachuk is not banged up like last year. Draisitl might outscore Reinhart (haha) but I honestly think this is the weakest team Florida has had to face in this playoffs. 

• Agree 1

Edmonton outshot 35-10 in the game and wins 2-1. Unreal.

34 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well, I still don't think the better team won, but there you go. Canada (sort of) and Corey Perry get to a cup final, Pavelski does not. I guess Dallas didn't get enough skates in the paint. 

I just can't see Florida losing the final. They are seasoned, they have the goaltending, they have the speed and they should dominate physically. They are healthy and will be rested as well. Tkachuk is not banged up like last year. Draisitl might outscore Reinhart (haha) but I honestly think this is the weakest team Florida has had to face in this playoffs. 

Edmonton has the 2 best players in McDavid and Draisaitl.

And McDavid is the best player by a wide wide margin over #2.

34 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

yeah 10 shots and only being able to score on the power play is not going to cut it against Florida.  Florida did destroy them twice in the regular season if that means anything. 

41 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

There is no "I" in "team".

And, coincidentally, there is no "McDavid" in "team", either.

1 hour ago, Big Guava said:

Florida has the best defensive 2 way center in Barkov. Several other good 2 way forwards. They aren't deep on D but since they are healthy and rested it doesn't matter. They do not have any weaknesses. 

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

yeah 10 shots and only being able to score on the power play is not going to cut it against Florida.  Florida did destroy them twice in the regular season if that means anything. 

Means nothing really, but unless something really weird happens I think Kyle will be a very happy man. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.