2024 Conference Finals

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Did you catch the shot of Kyle jumping up and down on the bench at the horn? Just about the happiest looking dude I've ever seen. 

A lot of ex Sabres in this cup final. 

Florida playing a damn near perfect defensive game with blocked shots, sticks in lanes, it was textbook. I don't see them losing the final unless something crazy happens. 

^^^^^^^^^

That's nothing. You should have seen me when FLA eliminated the Bruins.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Too late now if it didn't 

It's pretty clearly in.  I suspect it bounced off the camera which gave the illusion that it didn't really go in.  But you can see plenty of white between the puck and the goal line, and I don't think it was that far off the ice.

image.thumb.png.c67b82c7890ee79a98b65abd838d4d6d.png

That said, I do wish they'd show the overheard shot on goals like that.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

It's pretty clearly in.  I suspect it bounced off the camera which gave the illusion that it didn't really go in.  But you can see plenty of white between the puck and the goal line, and I don't think it was that far off the ice.

image.thumb.png.c67b82c7890ee79a98b65abd838d4d6d.png

That said, I do wish they'd show the overheard shot on goals like that.

From that angle, the puck could be in the net or out.  If it's near ice level, yes, it is clearly in.  If it's about 9" off the ice, it very well could be on the line or not even to the line.

Really not sure why the NHL hoards the in-net camera views.  Letting people see those would take a lot of air out of debates on whether a puck is in or not.

Edited by Taro T

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

From that angle, the puck could be in the net or out.  If it's near ice level, yes, it is clearly in.  If it's about 9" off the ice, it very well could be on the line or not even to the line.

Really not sure why the NHL hordes the in-net camera views.  Letting people see those would take a lot of air out of debates on whether a puck is in or not.

Unless it was never in. Then, it's probably best to keep that video to themselves.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Unless it was never in. Then, it's probably best to keep that video to themselves.

Or call it no goal at the time and get it right.

As @Taro T said, if the separation is vertical and not horizontal, it could in fact not be in.  I watched the replay several times and I'm pretty sure it was in.  To me the trajectory looked consistent with far post-crossbar-camera-near post.  But yeah, without an overhead look it's hard to tell.  The players on the ice all seemed to think it was a goal though.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, they were going to maybe challenge the offside. The Rags coaches stalled and looked hard at the videos (I assume they have more angles than us) and they decided to not challenge. I'm 100% sure that the goal crossing the line was an aspect of the possible challenge as well as the very close play at the blue line. 

Based on watching live, there was a view behind Bennett that showed it wired into the back corner and down and out. Looked pretty convincing. 

They didn't show how close the offsides was though, and that was annoying 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SabresBillsFan said:

Everyone talked about Dallas depth but their lack of depth in defense is turning out to be key along with Little Joe doing nothing in the playoffs. I don’t think Edmonton can beat Florida.

With McDavid anything is possible 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SabresBillsFan said:

Everyone talked about Dallas depth but their lack of depth in defense is turning out to be key along with Little Joe doing nothing in the playoffs. I don’t think Edmonton can beat Florida.

Certainly not with all those ex Sabres playing for Florida.😂

• Haha (+1) 1

If the cup final is EDM vs FLA, the crux/linchpin of the series will be the Barkov - McDavid line match. If Barkov is able to shut down McDavid the Oilers are screwed.

22 minutes ago, NAF said:

If the cup final is EDM vs FLA, the crux/linchpin of the series will be the Barkov - McDavid line match. If Barkov is able to shut down McDavid the Oilers are screwed.

You can't shut him down. You can only hope to contain him. 

Or something like that said someone once.

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Canucks are finished 

Yeah, EDM beat them in the previous......wait....nevermind.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.