2024 Conference Finals

18 hours ago, nfreeman said:

The Sabres are dying for a guy like Drury.

And I've heard it opined by credible sources that when the captain/best player is also a demanding AH, it can be extremely effective in getting the most out of his team.

Just for the record, other than 2 years in college (where they never won anything), Drury was never the best player on any team. 

10 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Where would the Rangers be without Shesterkin, seriously. 

Similar to, where would those sabres teams have been without Hasek. It's the one position that can really make or break you. 

The Blues wouldn't have won without Binnington (even if he is dog doo doo now) 

Hopefully we have our duo set. 

Swayman and Shesterkin have been the premiere goalies I've seen these playoffs.

If Boston were able to conjure up any semblance of an offense that might still be playing. 

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

My guess would have been Boston Vancouver because they are both on the far coasts. Edmonton is a fair distance into the interior so a straight line down is shorter I'd have thought. 

Right - though EDM is just further north making up the diff.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Ya I mean if Edmonton wins the cup we’ll have to grudgingly agree they are the 6th best team in the nhl. We can’t forget to square the data the league uses to determine who the best team is for the season with our own personally chosen, biased markers for success, like Expected playoff wins inferred based on how tired we are randomly guessing the teams to be and also prospect pool strength.

I Refuse No Way GIF by Paramount+

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Ya I mean if Edmonton wins the cup we’ll have to grudgingly agree they are the 6th best team in the nhl. We can’t forget to square the data the league uses to determine who the best team is for the season with our own personally chosen, biased markers for success, like Expected playoff wins inferred based on how tired we are randomly guessing the teams to be and also prospect pool strength.

Who the better team is has never mattered. Only the team that wins matters.

Cant wait until it matters to Sabres management.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

There Okposo looking just terrible. 

Like Okposo, don't mind the Swamp Cats, and know Swamp Cat STHers.  But somehow the idea of 3 Sabres captains in a row winning the ST within a year and a half of escaping this team is just too friggin' depressing for words.  Dislike to varying degrees the other 3 teams remaining, so SHOULD want Fla to win it all, but can't get onboard the 3rd time being the charm.

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Like Okposo, don't mind the Swamp Cats, and know Swamp Cat STHers.  But somehow the idea of 3 Sabres captains in a row winning the ST within a year and a half of escaping this team is just too friggin' depressing for words.  Dislike to varying degrees the other 3 teams remaining, so SHOULD want Fla to win it all, but can't get onboard the 3rd time being the charm.

You need to look at the positive side: if the Sabres South win the Cup, it's an indicator that we're this close -> <- to being a contender.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

Is it just me, but I don’t think that puck went in the net.  Looked like crossbar, post and out.

Lack of replay angles on the broadcast very NHL. And wasn't even discussed between periods until returning to Ferraro.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You'd like to think it might cause TP to contemplate that maybe the way he's approached things is the real cause of dysfunction and failure, but of course, he doesn't have that level of self-awareness.

I always liked Sam Reinhart, and the Panthers are the only team left I like even a little bit, so I'm going to overcome the embarrassment of seeing yet another former group of Sabres thrive outside the negative gravity of what used to be a proud and lovable franchise. Maybe Ruff can even use it as a source of motivation to push our talent to embrace what is needed to achieve sustained excellence.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.