2024 Conference Finals

56 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I still think either Smason has some neruo issue or some crazy OCD come playoff time. The way he is twitching has increased with each round, even at the facoff dot. I don't remember that here at all. 

It's called intensity.

9 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Okposo shouldn't play another period dude is done

That what I felt like 3 seasons ago in Buffalo.

9 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

That’s the worst game the Rangers have played all playoffs.  

They lose in OT.

On to the next.  

Good, can’t stand the Rangers. Wish someone would lay out the bread man!

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's funny how much players change when they leave Buffalo and become immersed in a different culture. Reinhart hitting back against Trouba end of the game, you'd never have seen that here, never did, and then the intensity and emotion in the OT. Don't ever remember a look like that in his eye on any night here

ex-Sabres on Florida all playing well, go figure. 

My guess, matching Rangers dressing Wheeler (who took the OT penalty no less). Old vet for old vet. 

False narrative alert. We saw that here. Sam never shied away from this kind of stuff and was always the first one in when something was going down. This is just not true.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

False narrative alert. We saw that here. Sam never shied away from this kind of stuff and was always the first one in when something was going down. This is just not true.

This board is incapable of giving Reinhart the credit for how he played here. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

It's called intensity.

I mean maybe. 

He always did the helmet thing here and we laughed about it, and I'm a medical person so I always notice weird things like that. 

I hope that's all it is, but man does it weird me out watching him lol 

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

No. Absolutely no. The biggest no I've ever written here. 

He is 100% NOT the same player he was here no matter what his "fans" on this board say. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's funny how much players change when they leave Buffalo and become immersed in a different culture. Reinhart hitting back against Trouba end of the game, you'd never have seen that here, never did, and then the intensity and emotion in the OT. Don't ever remember a look like that in his eye on any night here. 

ex-Sabres on Florida all playing well, go figure. 

My guess, matching Rangers dressing Wheeler (who took the OT penalty no less). Old vet for old vet. 

Didn't we see THAT Reinhart in the game in Winnipeg way back when?

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Didn't we see THAT Reinhart in the game in Winnipeg way back when?

Best game I’ve seen live. First time I ever saw the Sabres win live. Sammy hat-trick, finished off with an EN goal off an unselfish play from Kane 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

He is 100% NOT the same player he was here no matter what his "fans" on this board say. 

Your memory doesn't correspond with mine. Reinhart was one of our best and toughest players around the net. In addition, he was one of the smartest players that has ever warn the Buffalo uniform. He left Buffalo as one of our best players. The primary difference between when he was with Buffalo compared to Florida is that he is playing with better players. 

The Sabre front office has made a telephone book number of mistakes that has kept this franchise mired in the muck of mediocrity. Not signing him when it had the opportunity to do so was a hideously bad decision. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Your memory doesn't correspond with mine. Reinhart was one of our best and toughest players around the net. In addition, he was one of the smartest players that has ever warn the Buffalo uniform. He left Buffalo as one of our best players. The primary difference between when he was with Buffalo compared to Florida is that he is playing with better players. 

The Sabre front office has made a telephone book number of mistakes that has kept this franchise mired in the muck of mediocrity. Not signing him when it had the opportunity to do so was a hideously bad decision. 

Wouldn't say he was "tough" around the net.  But he was willing to go there and he was crafty and probably had the best hand/eye coordination of any of the Sabres skaters from that period.  Arguably, he had the best hand/eye of ANY Sabres skater.  He could get the stick on durn near any shot close to the net.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wouldn't say he was "tough" around the net.  But he was willing to go there and he was crafty and probably had the best hand/eye coordination of any of the Sabres skaters from that period.  Arguably, he had the best hand/eye of ANY Sabres skater.  He could get the stick on durn near any shot close to the net.

The Sabres have some glaring weaknesses. Face offs and players who know how to maneuver in the tight and punishing spots around the net are two of those deficiencies. We could sure use a player like him on this roster. It's really frustrating to see so many former players playing for Cup contending teams. It's sad and happened because of our own organizational ineptitude.  

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Like Vanek. Nice piece, but not galvanizing.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You are wrong. Period.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I remember people use to say McDavid made  Draisaitl lol 

He does 

To a significant extent. He’d be an all star regardless but he’s completely elevated to a different stratosphere due to McDavid. Bouchard is the far and away third leading scoring in these playoffs. McDavid effect 

hasn’t stopped Leon from refusing to where his mouth guard at any point. Pure chew toy accessory

- - - 

when I see the oilers ahead it bugs me, when I see the stars ahead it bugs me. Can’t believe I’m rooting for the Rangers lol  

Edited by Thorny

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He does 

To a significant extent. He’d be an all star regardless but he’s completely elevated to a different stratosphere due to McDavid. Bouchard is the far and away third leading scoring in these playoffs. McDavid effect 

hasn’t stopped Leon from refusing to where his mouth guard at any point. Pure chew toy accessory

- - - 

when I see the oilers ahead it bugs me, when I see the stars ahead it bugs me. Can’t believe I’m rooting for the Rangers lol  

This is you and me fighting.... Rangers, blah., 😂fight fighting GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Smart yes, tough no. 

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

You are wrong. Period.

You are wrong. Exclamation point. 

What's next a meme? If so, be creative. 

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Smart yes, tough no. 

You are wrong. Exclamation point. 

What's next a meme? If so, be creative. 

Sure, and Jack didn’t play defense until Cassidy, and ROR wasn’t who he was until he went to the Blues. We’ve heard it all before and it’s just not true.

I don’t need to make up things to hate the Sabres, there are already plenty of actual reasons.

And I don’t do memes. If you don’t believe that you are wrong after me telling you twice (now, thrice), me showing you a picture isn’t going to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.