2024 Conference Finals

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's gotta be the poutine 

With the exchange rate the Canadian teams have to win like 30% more games.. that's not easy to do.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LTS said:

With the exchange rate the Canadian teams have to win like 30% more games.. that's not easy to do.

Don't act like you know anything. Pshhh you sound like a guy that ate fine cuisine in Stockholm or something 😜😂😂

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's gotta be the poutine 

You know the odd thing about poutine is it's different in every province. In Saskatchewan it's just melted Velveeta like goo over fries. It shouldn't even be called poutine there but it is. 

As for Canada winning, didn't the 50 year curse get reversed onto Montreal when the Rags won? Maybe that was for the whole country.

Oh and as for having 7 teams, no, we have 6 and the Leafs (or maybe that's what you meant by 6-7)

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

You know the odd thing about poutine is it's different in every province. In Saskatchewan it's just melted Velveeta like goo over fries. It shouldn't even be called poutine there but it is. 

As for Canada winning, didn't the 50 year curse get reversed onto Montreal when the Rags won? Maybe that was for the whole country.

Oh and as for having 7 teams, no, we have 6 and the Leafs (or maybe that's what you meant by 6-7)

That's a travesty of a dish! No thank you. 

As for the Canadian teams, that wasn't me lol, but it is kind of crazy that it's Canada's national sport and they haven't sniffed a cup in a hot minute. 

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That's a travesty of a dish! No thank you. 

As for the Canadian teams, that wasn't me lol, but it is kind of crazy that it's Canada's national sport and they haven't sniffed a cup in a hot minute. 

Oh I know, I was just combining posts for simplicity. It is a little weird. I guess Canucks losing to Bruins was the closest that I remember. Game 7. 

Leafs being good regular season bad playoffs has been a big part of it. It's odd to me how Montreal has lost it's stature. It was such a mainstay for so many years and despite the underdog cup run (due to goaltending mostly) they have just fallen away and it no longer has the glamour. I think Calgary, Ottawa and Winnipeg have all suffered from being smaller markets where some players don't want to be there. Vancouver might be back in contention depending on how they handle the off season and McDavidland has a shot as they've balanced their roster finally but overall I think free agency and the revealing of salaries has hurt Canadian teams in general. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

I still can’t believe that the NHL has had 6-7 canadian teams and haven’t won in 30+ years.

is it the pressure ? 

8 if you count the Sabres.

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

If im Holland I would be all over Ullmark this offseason.  Skinner is't the goalie that helps you win cups.

I thought j was in the world championship thread for a second and got very confused. 

Subban is obnoxious and a punk.    Acts like he was a big tough guy, all his commentary is the same.   Meanwhile, he is getting side eye from Messier, the ultimate warrior.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Subban is obnoxious and a punk.    Acts like he was a big tough guy, all his commentary is the same.   Meanwhile, he is getting side eye from Messier, the ultimate warrior.  

He’s so inconsequential.

He appeared on my preferred sports podcast, where the vibe is irreverent and cliches are roundly mocked. The show regularly delivers laughs.

PK’s segment was so bland. I mean, superficially, he can do the job. He talks a blue streak. But … there’s nothing there.

I wound up hate-listening to the whole thing. Awful.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.