Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC

LGR4GM

51 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Fans of the Sabres think the most irrelevant team in the league still matters. We're an AHL team masquerading as an NHL team and until the front office grows up, we're just going to develop players and send them off to winners. The Sabres don't matter. It's positively bananas to think Reinhart would have mentioned Buffalo in his cup win or honestly even Okposo. They ain't thinking about Buffalo, they are thinking about who they won with. Buffalo is not relevant. 

Everyone except Maurice apparently lol 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Some of you are so emotionally damaged by this team. No one expected them to mention the Sabres in their post Cup win. And no by not mentioning them it doesn’t mean they are 💩 on them. Wow

Calgary and Winnipeg got their mentions lol

10 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Some of you are so emotionally damaged by this team. No one expected them to mention the Sabres in their post Cup win. And no by not mentioning them it doesn’t mean they are 💩 on them. Wow

Calgary and Winnipeg got their mentions lol

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Fans of the Sabres think the most irrelevant team in the league still matters. We're an AHL team masquerading as an NHL team and until the front office grows up, we're just going to develop players and send them off to winners. The Sabres don't matter. It's positively bananas to think Reinhart would have mentioned Buffalo in his cup win or honestly even Okposo. They ain't thinking about Buffalo, they are thinking about who they won with. Buffalo is not relevant. 

Facts brother. I’m glad to of lived down here and be a part of the Cup run. Fort Lauderdale has been party central for 2 days. Even got to see a few playoff games. It really solidifies just how unbelievably terrible the Sabres are on every level. Watching all these ex Sabres winning it just about yearly now just takes the cake. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/22/2024 at 11:16 PM, nfreeman said:

Both of these are obnoxious.

Do not communicate like this here.  

So you are a Communist controlling ones response with no swearing, no name calling and just pointing out another persons extreme point of view. There is nothing obnoxious with my Comments, you just don't agree with them. I simply pointed things out and asked a question.

On 4/22/2024 at 10:13 PM, GoPuckYourself said:

This makes no sense, because he doesn't want Lindy Ruff who just got fired from a young team like ours he doesn't want the team to win? There were 2 Stanley Cup winning coaches out there and we pick the worst of those 3. Are you sure you dont want to see the Bills record broken?

So you are saying Ruff's hiring will lead to 17 years or more of losing, you a Bruins Fan?

One of the most Winning Coaches ever, Top 5.

Best Coach Sabres ever had and damn good player who played both sides of the Line.

Every Vet Coach available got fired from LAST Team.

The HC that just Won the Cup never did for 28 years previous!

On 4/22/2024 at 10:44 PM, inkman said:

Humor Boomer GIF

Well guess we will see if Adams has what it takes to Rebuild this Roster to a Playoff Team. He has Failed with the most Talented Prospect Pool in the League. He now has a Winning Coach who has won here before, even going to a Cup.

I don't think Adams can make the Correct trades to make us better. He likes his Drafts better, won't do what it takes to get the Veteran Talent needed to get Sabres to Playoffs. Getting in 1 year 8th spot isn't what we should be shooting for.

I don't know what the answers are but the reason we're in this situation isn't all on Adams.  He's done some decent things and most of my frustration with him is inactivity.

He's loaded with picks, prospects and cap space.  We have a decent amount of NHL players, a reasonable goalie situation and a proven vet head coach.

It is absolutely time to aggressively build out the roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TRIP65 said:

So you are saying Ruff's hiring will lead to 17 years or more of losing, you a Bruins Fan?

One of the most Winning Coaches ever, Top 5.

Best Coach Sabres ever had and damn good player who played both sides of the Line.

Every Vet Coach available got fired from LAST Team.

The HC that just Won the Cup never did for 28 years previous!

You’re a little late to the party Francis.

2 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

You’re a little late to the party Francis.

Stanley Cup just finished so if they were to wait maybe cause they like an Assistant HC on a Stanley Cup team, Ruff may NOT be there.

Your statement back then was about Ruff and tieing The Bills losing Record. Now you don't want to own that Statement.

As everything turned out, I love Ruff hire and some other HC would not give me more Optimism.

3 hours ago, 7+6=13 said:

I don't know what the answers are but the reason we're in this situation isn't all on Adams.  He's done some decent things and most of my frustration with him is inactivity.

He's loaded with picks, prospects and cap space.  We have a decent amount of NHL players, a reasonable goalie situation and a proven vet head coach.

It is absolutely time to aggressively build out the roster.

Yes, but the Time was last year too. Maybe we wouldn't have Regressed on the Scoring side. When we lost Quinn, Adams definitely needed a proven replacement.

Adams has done a great job with Prospects but you can't load a NHL Roster with Prospects all at once!

27 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

Yes, but the Time was last year too. Maybe we wouldn't have Regressed on the Scoring side. When we lost Quinn, Adams definitely needed a proven replacement.

Adams has done a great job with Prospects but you can't load a NHL Roster with Prospects all at once!

That's why I mentioned my frustration has been his inactivity.  My point is, he can't do that again or he's got to go, IMO.  I can understand last years inactivity as there's outside reasons.  

For example; FA's weren't what we wanted, etc.

2 years of not liking any and the benefit of doubt is gone for me.

2 hours ago, TRIP65 said:

Stanley Cup just finished so if they were to wait maybe cause they like an Assistant HC on a Stanley Cup team, Ruff may NOT be there.

Your statement back then was about Ruff and tieing The Bills losing Record. Now you don't want to own that Statement.

As everything turned out, I love Ruff hire and some other HC would not give me more Optimism.

What is this kid rambling on about?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.