Off-season Game Plan 2024

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

I just used what was mentioned earlier on.

My cutoff is at roster players besides Krebs

I don't want to shed roster players either (unless it's Skinner of course) unless there's some sort of blockbuster hockey trade out there (back to the Brady Tkachuk discussion for example). The only way Minnesota moves Erikson Ek is if they truly do want to shed cap big time which is why I added Foligno in as well and the return is all picks and prospects so low cost for them with potential. Makes us a good trade partner if that's their actual motivation. 

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't want to shed roster players either (unless it's Skinner of course) unless there's some sort of blockbuster hockey trade out there (back to the Brady Tkachuk discussion for example). The only way Minnesota moves Erikson Ek is if they truly do want to shed cap big time which is why I added Foligno in as well and the return is all picks and prospects so low cost for them with potential. Makes us a good trade partner if that's their actual motivation. 

Even Tkachuk doesn’t interest me depending on the ask

How were Skinner and Cozens when paired together last season? It’s a daydreaming type add but Eriksson Ek could end up our most reliable C nm our 2C, I’d imagine Cozens may flourish in a 3rd line role with the accompanying expectations and matchups and I feel like Skinner is a reasonable scoring compliment for him. Like I said I can’t remember if they worked well together last year, though 

you’d think 

Peterka - Thompson - Tuch
Benson - Eriksson Ek - Quinn
Skinner - Cozens - Greenway

..would be the type of top 9 that gets you in the playoffs pretty comfortably. I’d deal any prospect or combination of such they want to make it happen, as if this didn’t work, I can’t imagine what else reasonably would. 

Edited by Thorny

22 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Quinn is a first line winger.  Not a second, and certainly not a third. 

The goal is to build 3 lethal scoring lines and the Cozens line would actually be the 2nd line, but it was easier to leave to the formatting the same.  Quinn will get significant PT during the PP to utilize his O skills.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So you believe Ruff can take this present roster and turn them into a playoff team?

Yes & No

Yes this roster could make the playoffs with some tweaking

No without any adjustments or purely internal promotions.

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Fixed

I think putting Benson with Greenway is a waste personally. Benson is a chaos machine who gets puck to the HD areas. I want Quinn or Tuch with him and a center with a good shot. 

Benson Tage Tuch as a line makes a lot of sense. As does Benson Cozens Quinn. If you get Ek, you could run Benson Ek Skinner

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I think putting Benson with Greenway is a waste personally. Benson is a chaos machine who gets puck to the HD areas. I want Quinn or Tuch with him and a center with a good shot. 

Benson Tage Tuch as a line makes a lot of sense. As does Benson Cozens Quinn. If you get Ek, you could run Benson Ek Skinner

It’s more about the proven chemistry between Ek and Greenway. 

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It’s more about the proven chemistry between Ek and Greenway. 

It becomes obvious that if the GM can acquire a 2/3 C like Erickson (or whoever), there is a cascading effect of increasing the number of potential/intriguing line combinations. Without that quality addition, the impact of the addition is minimized. 

• Like (+1) 1

Lance Lysowski did his GM for a day column, he traded Jokiharju and 11 OA to Philly for Scott Laughton and Florida’s 2024 First (31 or 32 OA)

That would be disappointing if it came to fruition 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Lance Lysowski did his GM for a day column, he traded Jokiharju and 11 OA to Philly for Scott Laughton and Florida’s 2024 First (31 or 32 OA)

but very Adams.  He gets to keep a 1st rd pick while still getting a viable 3C.  He is a physical player, has been solid in the faceoff circle over his career, has 2 years left on a reasonable contract at $3 mill for a 40 pt player.  He also has playoff experience.  Overall not a bad choice.

I also think he can probably keep the 11th and just trade Philly Rosen and a pick for him.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

17 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

What do you find disappointing about this deal? Giving up too much in the exchange? 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Huge overpay. Fairer value for Laughton would be the 11th pick in the 2nd round, or Jokiharju straight across.

Scott Laughton is a decent fit as a 3C: not exciting but he would help. He’s also a pending UFA.

Look upthread for the types of assets one typically acquires for a pick around #11. You’ll find exactly one who isn’t obviously better.

His name is Rasmus and if we made this deal it would absolutely be Philly’s revenge.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

What do you find disappointing about this deal? Giving up too much in the exchange? 

Edited by dudacek

14 hours ago, Thorny said:

Eriksson Ek

Dude's name drives me nuts.  Every game I see where he's playing, it sounds like the announcer is saying "Erik Sinneck" and I have no idea who this Sinneck guy is.  He's not on the roster.  That's the way I perceived his spoken name the first time I heard it and I can't deprogram it out of my head.

• Haha (+1) 1

Don’t let Lance anywhere near a GM position. Somehow the Flyers have the worst cap situation in the league. They would be begging to get rid of a Laughton as a cap dump. Don’t gift them 11thOA and a young RHD for a guy like that.

Edited by Flashsabre

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Huge overpay. Fairer value for Laughton would be the 11th pick in the 2nd round, or Jokiharju straight across.

Scott Laughton is a decent fit as a 3C: not exciting but he would help. He’s also a pending UFA.

Look upthread for the types of assets one typically acquires for a pick around #11. You’ll find exactly one who isn’t obviously better.

His name is Rasmus and if we made this deal it would absolutely be Philly’s revenge.

What 2/3 centers who may be on the market would be a fair return for a Joki and #11 pick?

As a fallback position, I like what the price you would consider fair to be for Laughton

Laughton Analytics are horrible particularly on defense. I wouldn’t consider him as a 4C, let alone a 3C. 

His numbers in Torts System are a major red flag.

These are Evolving Hockey’s numbers on him for this past season and previous couple seasons. 

Run far away from this one 

IMG_0043.png

IMG_0044.png

IMG_0042.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpeg

IMG_0040.jpeg

IMG_0039.jpeg

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

but very Adams.  He gets to keep a 1st rd pick while still getting a viable 3C.  He is a physical player, has been solid in the faceoff circle over his career, has 2 years left on a reasonable contract at $3 mill for a 40 pt player.  He also has playoff experience.  Overall not a bad choice.

I also think he can probably keep the 11th and just trade Philly Rosen and a pick for him.

He’s not worth Rosen either 

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

See charts above 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

• Agree 3