Arizona Coyotes are relocating to Utah as Utah HC (hockey club)

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

Did they just take the same exact color scheme as Seattle?

No.  No "sea foam green" in there.

Actually IMHO looks to be more derivative of Winnipeg's 3rds.  Just with UT Alamo Heights initials in Caps rather than doing the UCLA cursive like Winnipeg used for "Jets."

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No.  No "sea foam green" in there.

Actually IMHO looks to be more derivative of Winnipeg's 3rds.  Just with UT Alamo Heights initials in Caps rather than doing the UCLA cursive like Winnipeg used for "Jets."

That and the powder blue look the same on my phone. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

Ugh.  Boring.  I wanted Yeti. 

This isnt the final uniform, logo, or name.

It’s just what the will wear in the coming season while the above are developed and finalized.

The colours however are what they will use for final product.

I think the powder blue is distinct and unique, and separates them from any other NHL team since the original Penguins back in the early ‘70s. (Maybe the Caps Eagle in the ‘90s? I think Utah is a couple shades lighter).

Hope they ultimately use that, not the black as the main colour at home.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

University of Texas Alamo Heights?  Didn't know they had a rink.  😉 

Pshaw.  Alamo Heights is right around the corner from 14,000 seat Dickies Arena.  I thought everyone knew that.

image.png.cb42c45cd84e558ea412c0879f67373f.png

6 hours ago, shrader said:

Did they just take the same exact color scheme as Seattle?

No, it's OneUtah.  He also owns the Jazz.

02-hardwood-classics-swingman-jersey_pi5

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Pshaw.  Alamo Heights is right around the corner from 14,000 seat Dickies Arena.  I thought everyone knew that.

image.png.cb42c45cd84e558ea412c0879f67373f.png

No, it's OneUtah.  He also owns the Jazz.

02-hardwood-classics-swingman-jersey_pi5

So, they have a rink.  No wonder Bettman let them move there.  😉 

• Haha (+1) 1

Worst name, color scheme and jersey logo in the entire NHL. Way to go, wow, talk about a missed opportunity with the Yet and the logo possibilities. Our team might still be one of the worst in the NHL but at least we have a top 3 logo.

2 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Utah Hockey Club? Seriously? You can come up with like 1000 different names in a weeks time, no team should vbe called football team or hockey club.... There should always be a name otherwise it's just ridiculous imo.

I agree. They’ve had quite a bit of time already to choose a name.

Ownership may want to sell these plain ones and then everyone buys another with the logo next year. And then they do a third jersey in their third year.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

I agree. They’ve had quite a bit of time already to choose a name.

Ownership may want to sell these plain ones and then everyone buys another with the logo next year. And then they do a third jersey in their third year.

I just feel like billion dollar business should have a name already in place... This whole "ask the fans" is just dumb, the same fans who came up with Washington Commanders should have 0 say in it.

2 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I just feel like billion dollar business should have a name already in place... This whole "ask the fans" is just dumb, the same fans who came up with Washington Commanders should have 0 say in it.

Washington fans also like Utah?

https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=98580200,+98580199,+98580198,+98580197,+98580195,+98580194,+98580191,+98580190 &caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=multiStatus

https://www.mekiplaw.com/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-a-trademark-all-you-need-to-know/

It's just not an overnight process.  The Kraken took about 18 months to get their name in place. The PWHL has no names yet because of the same length of time. The entire research process takes quite some time and the more names being evaluated the longer it takes. Vegas took awhile and had to deal with a contention against using the term Knights and had to go Golden.

There are a lot of people who get paid a lot of money to work through this process.  Determining all kinds of factors and THEN they kick of the USPTO process which, like most governmental processes, takes forever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.