The next captain of the Sabres will be/should be

mjd1001

The Sabres will choose as the next captain:  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the TEAM choose as the next captain?

• Dahlin
    • Tuch
    • Cozens
    • Thompson
    • Someone else
  2. 2. Who would YOU choose as the next captain?

• Dahlin
    • Tuch
    • Cozens
    • Thompson
    • Someone else

8 hours ago, LTS said:

Did you consider the Drury/Briere decision weak?

Two scenarios: 

1. We have two strong leaders, both which are fit to be captain, so let's have co-captains.
  2. We have no clear cut leader so what the heck, let's have co-captains.

Drury/Briere were scenario #1.

Dahlin/Tuch might be either one.  Hard to say.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:
3 hours ago, Thorny said:

It’s hard to even compare and contrast my thoughts from then to now considering the chasm of time in between: I’d have to go back to the mid-way point of my life between my birth and today to see. That was 19 years ago and I was 19 at the time 

Animated GIF

I was thinking more along the lines of

feels game of thrones GIF

Edited by Doohickie

On 9/19/2024 at 6:13 PM, Thorner said:

It’s hard to even compare and contrast my thoughts from then to now considering the chasm of time in between: I’d have to go back to the mid-way point of my life between my birth and today to see. That was 19 years ago and I was 19 at the time 

Fair. 

I find myself wondering if 13 years of misery is also tainting my perception. However, I think I can live with Tuch/Dahlin alternating... although at the same time I do feel that it is just pick one and stop waffling.  It seems like all this franchise has done is waffle under Pegula.

I guess I just need this team to be successful so I can feel more positive in how I feel?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Thorner said:

I mean… 

Context there was Hamilton asked "Lindy don't you think Dahlin tends to put too much on his shoulders, how can you make sure that doesn't happen?"

More interesting to me was Lindy specifically mentioning Thompson, Tuch, Cozens and Samuelsson as guys who are setting the tone. Your As are in that group, and Lindy's weird track record makes me wonder if all 4 might get letters.

As far as I'm concerned, Dahlin as captain has been written in stone for a year.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Context there was Hamilton asked "Lindy don't you think Dahlin tends to put too much on his shoulders, how can you make sure that doesn't happen?"

More interesting to me was Lindy specifically mentioning Thompson, Tuch, Cozens and Samuelsson as guys who are setting the tone. Your As are in that group, and Lindy's weird track record makes me wonder if all 4 might get letters.

As far as I'm concerned, Dahlin as captain has been written in stone for a year.

I still don't think Samuelsson is getting a letter...but not too long after Lindy got the job, he said something about Samuelsson and I thought no one is talking about him, but 'he has a chance'.  I wish I could find the exact comment, but something pointed to him as an option.

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

40 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I still don't think Samuelsson is getting a letter...but not too long after Lindy got the job, he said something about Samuelsson and I thought no one is talking about him, but 'he has a chance'.  I wish I could find the exact comment, but something pointed to him as an option.

Until it's proven otherwise (and it either will or won't in about 10 days) am still expecting there to be co-captains with Thompson and Cozens rotating the extra letter.

Fwiw, the 3 guys of the 4 guys mentioned above that have played in the preseason have all worn an A so far in the preseason.  Samuelsson did not even when Tuch skipped the 1 game.

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Ah ok looks like I misread it 

Kyle O on NHL XM was asked what he saw / impressed him when he first got to Florida. He mentioned the seriousness, commitment and hard work of all players when they got to the rink every day.  Called out Barkov as an incredibly hard worker they all tried to follow.  

This is why I think we should start with no C but KA said we’ll have one.   Just because you aren’t wearing the C doesn’t mean you can’t be that guy. 

1 hour ago, Mr Peabody said:

Kyle O on NHL XM was asked what he saw / impressed him when he first got to Florida. He mentioned the seriousness, commitment and hard work of all players when they got to the rink every day.  Called out Barkov as an incredibly hard worker they all tried to follow.  

This is why I think we should start with no C but KA said we’ll have one.   Just because you aren’t wearing the C doesn’t mean you can’t be that guy. 

The good teams have one, right? Barkov, MacKinnon, Crosby (although Pitt is not so good anymore), Bergeron/Marchand, McDavid ... from the article about Dahlin getting people together and running a mini camp over the summer, I am hoping we have ours!

• Like (+1) 1