Rumor: Brady Tkachuk available

Buffalonill

1 hour ago, ... said:

Anyway, if the Tkachuk rumors are still alive, so is the effort to quash them:

Brady, Matthew and Keith are in a Tim Horton’s commercial together. Brady has no Sens gear on and Keith has a Panthers shirt. He’s being moved.

3 hours ago, ... said:

Call me crazy, misinformed, a luddite, but I don't see this as part of Quinn's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofQGfTA680s

Excellent. If this team is ever going to make the playoffs, Tkachuk's game translates a lot better than Quinn's. That isn't to say Quinn will be ineffective or a bad player, but anyone comparing the two of them is nuts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, freester said:

Savoie, Rozen, 2024 1st round pick and Samuelson for Brady Thachuk. 

I think the Sens would want a forward for a roster player -- they're pretty set on the blueline. I think you're giving up one of Quinn, Peterka, or Benson. I do think all of those players are more valuable than Samuelsson, so you could probably take Rosen out of the deal.

35 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Ftr, I don't have an issue in trading for Tkachuk. He'd change the team complexion. 

Agreed. There are many roster players I'd trade for him, too, along with prospects. Some of them the Senators might even find worthy of consideration.

But Quinn, Benson and Peterka aren't one of those roster players.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Brady, Matthew and Keith are in a Tim Horton’s commercial together. Brady has no Sens gear on and Keith has a Panthers shirt. He’s being moved.

The amount of smoke makes the Staios denials ring hollow for me. Smells a lot like the smoke around Eichel in the summer of 2021; this is the way these things usually play out in the NHL old boys network.

Is Brady being a leader by saying he’s tired of being surrounded by incompetents, or is he selfishly abandoning ship?

The answer probably depends on whether you’re a fan of the Senators, or a fan of one of the teams Brady wants to go to.

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

A lot of hockey fans struggle to see the line between being a self-centred, antagonistic hot-tempered bully and being a focused, competitive, fiery leader. The Tkachuks definitely straddle that line.

Give me all of it 

11 minutes ago, NAF said:

I think the Sens would want a forward for a roster player -- they're pretty set on the blueline. I think you're giving up one of Quinn, Peterka, or Benson. I do think all of those players are more valuable than Samuelsson, so you could probably take Rosen out of the deal.

I would think the most likely centrepiece is Quinn: position fit, Ottawa kid, highest potential of the pieces the Sabres are likely willing to move.

From a hockey standpoint, he’s a great fit.

My questions would be 2:

What other pieces would be required? There would be a lot of teams competing and One would think the Senators would want more than futures.

Does Brady want to be here? There’s no point paying a high price just to be held over the barrel next summer when Brady’s NTC kicks in.

Edited by dudacek

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I guess I just value Quinns ability to take pucks away

In no way would I want Quinn included in a trade for Tkachuk.  Power should be the the main cog in the trade. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

In no way would I want Quinn included in a trade for Tkachuk.  Power should be the the main cog in the trade. 

Contracts match. Doubt the Sens would be offered a more valuable single asset.

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The amount of smoke makes the Staios denials ring hollow for me. Smells a lot like the smoke around Eichel in the summer of 2021; this is the way these things usually play out in the NHL old boys network.

Is Brady being a leader by saying he’s tired of being surrounded by incompetents, or is he selfishly abandoning ship?

The answer probably depends on whether you’re a fan of the Senators, or a fan of one of the teams Brady wants to go to.

Of course he'd be selfishly abandoning ship but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a leader on whatever team it is he goes to assuming he wants to be there. 

There's 2 factors at play here. One, from the Senators perspective, this is the last window they have to get maximum value. Once the NTC kicks in teams will leverage that price down and their hands will be tied. The second, is that he is simply looking at what happened with his brother and seeing the parallels. So of course he wants out. 

Would he be happy going to Buffalo though? I highly doubt it. He'd want a team that spends to the cap and has a winning culture that he can slot into. 

I'd give Ottawa our next 4 first rounders for him. I'd give them Tage plus. I'd give them Cozens plus. I'd give them Byram and 3 first rounders. I'd give them whatever it takes, BUT only if I knew for sure he actually wanted to be here, which I doubt very very much. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I may cry a little cry if Quinn were traded -- my favourite player on the team. I just love watching the guy work.

There's a chance Quinn is the best forward on the team in 2024.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I may cry a little cry if Quinn were traded -- my favourite player on the team. I just love watching the guy work.

If the return hurts, it’s probably close to the right value.

Questions I am too lazy to chase down….

Is Taychuck LW or RW?  What does OTT need on their roster if Brady gets moved?  What will we need to sort things out properly on our lines?

What does OTTs timeline look like if they walk away from Taychuck?  Are they going to be looking for roster ready or something more prospect-y?

Man, that dude would seriously change the complexion of the team.  I’d hate him alot less. 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NAF said:

They are actually shopping Chychrun and Sanderson might be available for a top forward in return.

But for Brady if im the Sens im Asking a 1st - Power - Quinn or Peterka.

10 minutes ago, Weave said:

If the return hurts, it’s probably close to the right value.

Questions I am too lazy to chase down….

Is Taychuck LW or RW?  What does OTT need on their roster if Brady gets moved?  What will we need to sort things out properly on our lines?

What does OTTs timeline look like if they walk away from Taychuck?  Are they going to be looking for roster ready or something more prospect-y?

Man, that dude would seriously change the complexion of the team.  I’d hate him alot less. 😁

LW: They would be in serious need of a top 6 left wing.

They could also use another top 6 RW, given Batherson could be upgraded and Girous is ancient.

They have their young building blocks on D and at centre with Sanderson and Stutzle.

But their 2C Norris is troubled by injuries, their 2D Chabot is overpaid and their 3D Chychrun wants out.

Their goalies suck.

Their prospect pool is pretty empty because all their youngsters are on the big team.

And they're mostly young and have been bad for a while so they're more interested in younger players that can play now, and would probably be looking for the best asset that fits that description more than any particular style or position.

He's a top-tier player because of the overall package, but his career highs are 37 goals and 83 points: most accurately, he's a 35/75 producer.

Think of what his brother went for, or what Eichel went for.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Of course he'd be selfishly abandoning ship but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a leader on whatever team it is he goes to assuming he wants to be there. 

There's 2 factors at play here. One, from the Senators perspective, this is the last window they have to get maximum value. Once the NTC kicks in teams will leverage that price down and their hands will be tied. The second, is that he is simply looking at what happened with his brother and seeing the parallels. So of course he wants out. 

Would he be happy going to Buffalo though? I highly doubt it. He'd want a team that spends to the cap and has a winning culture that he can slot into. 

I'd give Ottawa our next 4 first rounders for him. I'd give them Tage plus. I'd give them Cozens plus. I'd give them Byram and 3 first rounders. I'd give them whatever it takes, BUT only if I knew for sure he actually wanted to be here, which I doubt very very much. 

Brady will hate going to Buffalo at first.   His father would hate it too.  His brother would rib him mercilessly.  If the team were to get good next season and start winning, and if arena will ever be filled with actual Sabres fans once again, then he might change.  He would like a "Sabres Mafia" type of fan base, but that might take awhile to get.  

He has no control over it though.  

IF the Sens were actually going to trade Brady and IF they were willing to move him to Buffalo I think they would want Levi and Peterka.

They are desperate to find their goalie. JJ they could team with good buddy Stuzle as a dynamic 1-2 punch.

26 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

IF the Sens were actually going to trade Brady and IF they were willing to move him to Buffalo I think they would want Levi and Peterka.

They are desperate to find their goalie. JJ they could team with good buddy Stuzle as a dynamic 1-2 punch.

If Quinn is part of a proposed trade deal, I'm strongly against it. 

If Power is part of a proposed trade deal, I'm strongly against it. 

If Peterka is part of a trade deal that includes our first-round pick, I'm receptive to a deal. 

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

A lot of hockey fans struggle to see the line between being a self-centred, antagonistic hot-tempered bully and being a focused, competitive, fiery leader. The Tkachuks definitely straddle that line.

Keith straddles both sides of it comfortably nowadays 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/26/2023 at 12:34 AM, Thorny said:

Quinn for me. 

I see him ending up as a Mark Stone type player.

I don’t see the ceiling others do with Peterka but he’s certainly got legitimate top 6 upside. 

Savoie/Kulich. Who knows. Need to see more of them. I do like Savoie stylistically, reminds of Briere somewhat.

The only one I see as a sure sure thing (star wise) is Quinn. I’ve said before I think he has a good shot at being our best forward in a couple years. 

On 3/14/2023 at 11:30 AM, Thorny said:

Looks pretty solid to me. If anything he has a habit of too often going for the highlight reel play - that pass to no one yesterday was, without an ounce of hyperbole, one of the funniest/most terrible offensive decisions I’ve ever seen, considering how much space he had. He couldn’t have seen anyone there, no one was close. Clearly doesn’t need to worry about the fancy play as he has the skill to do what he did right after. 

if I had to pick which of our forwards is our best F in 5 years, I’d pick Quinn

I’ve been on the “Quinn will be our best F” train for a while, Brady isn’t a guy I’d move him for I don’t think. He’s not a untouchable, I just think we can probably get Tkachuk done for some of our other prime assets

This board is going to call me a homer, but the Sabres shouldn’t have to add a thing if they offered Power.

Brady Tkachuk put up 44 and 45 points in his first 2 seasons and didn’t have Rasmus Dahlin blocking him from playing on the power play.

Yes, 6’4 nasty wingers with first-line scoring ability are unicorns.

So are 6’6 defencemen who can skate and move the puck like Power can.

Power is under contract for another 7 years, which will probably be the 7 best years of his career. Tkachuk has 4 years until he is a UFA. Defencemen are more important than wingers.

If Power is  the player he was in November 2 years from now, then he won’t get you Tkachuk. But he is a #1 pick 160 games into his NHL career. Mystery box prices still apply.

I said it up thread, if Power is offered, it is highly unlikely any NHL team will be offering a single more valuable asset.

Yes, Tkachuk is a better player right now and that matters. But it isn’t the only thing that matters.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This board is going to call me a homer, but the Sabres shouldn’t have to add a thing if they offered Power.

Brady Tkachuk put up 44 and 45 points in his first 2 seasons and didn’t have Rasmus Dahlin blocking him from playing on the power play.

Power is under contract for another 7 years, which will probably be the 7 best years of his career. Tkachuk has 4 years until he is a UFA. Defencemen are more important than wingers.

If Power is  the player he was in November 2 years from now, then he won’t get you Tkachuk. But he is a #1 pick 160 games into his NHL career. Mystery box prices still apply.

I said it up thread, if Power is offered, it is highly unlikely any NHL team will be offering a single more valuable asset.

Yes, Tkachuk is a better player right now and that matters. But it isn’t the only thing that matters.

He’s the second most valued asset on the team far and away. The board just undervalues him 

Dahlin

Power

sort the rest by vibes 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

No thanks. No desire to move Power

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.