Sabres’ Refusal to “Salute” Fans Confirmed

That Aud Smell

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

“Oppose the sport in general” lol what nonsense is this. Doesn’t even make sense 

I am simply saying I wished KO joy and happiness and love in life but that I had no particular leanings on whether he won a Stanley Cup. It’s not that hard 

Take a step back. It makes sense if you consider what you were saying. It's not remotely nonsense. My comments were not an attack at you but the hypothetical situation where being happy for one team would have adverse impacts preventing you from feeling sad for another.

You brought up a hypothetical situation to which I responded, nothing more. I wasn't even commenting on your take on Okposo.

But LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL away. Massive :eyeroll:

32 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Bourque hung on for one more year with the Avs after being dealt at the deadline to win in his second season.

He was still a key player for them probably getting near 25 minutes a game.

Ahh, hell I misremembered.  Appreciate the correction. Really not sure why I thought he won in the year he was traded.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2024 at 7:26 AM, PASabreFan said:

I bet when Kyle was a boy he dreamt of being traded to a contender, spending very little time there and contributing very little, then getting handed the Cup.

If I was Kyle, I would be much happier winning a cup in my last season, than not making the playoffs at all to end his career, even if I was a late season rental.  Certainly not as fulfilling as playing the entire season on a cup winning team, but beats packing up for my final year in April.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Sabre The Cup said:

I don’t hate the guy but I do feel like he strained our salary cup for half a dozen years before having a PR resurrection as a “great leader” on a team that folded every year before missing the playoffs. He sure as hell never took a pay cut, like a Von Miller. 

He then gets traded to the cup winner where he contributes little, gets benched, gets another PR storyline, and then his team wins. 

Peca I would’ve felt happy for if he won a cup. Hasek I kinda felt happy for in that it legitimized his legacy. But not Okposo. This “great leader” wins the cup as a hanger-on. 

This. Exactly. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Sabre The Cup said:

I don’t hate the guy but I do feel like he strained our salary cup for half a dozen years before having a PR resurrection as a “great leader” on a team that folded every year before missing the playoffs. He sure as hell never took a pay cut, like a Von Miller. 

WTF are you even talking about? NHL contracts are 100% guaranteed, Okposo couldn't have taken a cut in his current deal and stayed in Buffalo if he wanted to. 

19 hours ago, Sabre The Cup said:

He then gets traded to the cup winner where he contributes little, gets benched, gets another PR storyline, and then his team wins. 

Peca I would’ve felt happy for if he won a cup. Hasek I kinda felt happy for in that it legitimized his legacy. But not Okposo. This “great leader” wins the cup as a hanger-on. 

You didn’t hear the interview with Tkachuk or Paul Maurice.  They think you’re wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sabre The Cup said:

I guess. What are they going to say when asked those fluff questions? 

That storyline was written the moment he was traded. 

My strong recollection is that Tkachuk brought up Kyle on his own.  He just added it in there casually in his response to something.   I would have to double check on Maurice.  

On 6/25/2024 at 7:26 AM, PASabreFan said:

I bet when Kyle was a boy he dreamt of being traded to a contender, spending very little time there and contributing very little, then getting handed the Cup.

He is happy and you are miserable. I say he won this round and every round you complain about him in.

13 minutes ago, Demoted said:

He is happy and you are miserable. I say he won this round and every round you complain about him in.

Reported to moderator. Enough is enough. Stop personally attacking people you disagree with.

It doesn't even make sense. I wouldn't say you're a happy person because you're happy for KO.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.