Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

28 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Great win given the circumstances-  division game, MNF, end loss streak, 3rd straight road game, Jets rallying around new coach, etc. 

Ugly officiating from start to finish. Both teams were hurt by it.  

Some things to clean up.  Hail Mary, full of grace.  

Game Balls to Ray Davis, Josh Allen, Taron Johnson, and Rapp. 

Take the W.  Move on.  

Rapp and Hamlin’s foot speed is a problem.  Both guys are heavy footed.  They pop ya, especially Taylor but get lost in coverage because they can’t keep up. They were burned last night and will continue to get burned.  I like that Rapp brings the lumber although it would be nice if he would stop scud missling his teammates.  Constantly blowing up guys in the same uni.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Rapp and Hamlin’s foot speed is a problem.  Both guys are heavy footed.  They pop ya, especially Taylor but get lost in coverage because they can’t keep up. They were burned last night and will continue to get burned.  I like that Rapp brings the lumber although it would be nice if he would stop scud missling his teammates.  Constantly blowing up guys in the same uni.  

There are a few supercuts of Rapp’s friendly fire out there on teh interwebs.

15 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Did the press ask McD about about rushing 2 on that play?  You just can’t allow that kind of time to any QB, let alone one 40 years old with declining mobility. The Bills needed to rush 5 and force a throw much earlier. More bad decision making. 

Bass is becoming a head case.  They need to find a way to send him to IR and pick up a nobody off the street. The cap situation with this guy is not good, and maybe he can come back in the spring but something is off with this dude, and you cannot rely on him at all.  If he stays, decisions to go for it on 4th down must be altered.  The Bass effect. 

The better team won.

I hated the fact that he rushed 2.  That gave them time to run 50 yards down field and into the end zone, and then Roger’s found his 6’5” target in front of several Bills DBs.  

McD is just not gonna learn I guess. 

Bass was good at one time, but he cannot handle pressure.   Add kicker to the list of needs.  .  

The better team prevails but the Bills have holes. 

17 minutes ago, inkman said:

Rapp played a great game and up a touchdown and a first down throw in the 4th Q.  He is ok, not great. 

Hamlin is below average in all facets of the game.  

Hyde and Poyer are missed, especially the younger versions of them.  

23 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

What does 13 seconds have to do with todays game, the fact that over 20 penalties were accepted between both teams and, especially toward the end, it seems like you can't even 'enjoy' the outcome of any play because you are looking for a flag?

You know, let me give you a few other examples....you watch a college football game and the same thing happens, important play after important play, only to be reversed a few seconds later by a flag. Or, a goal called back in the nhl because of an offsides penalty, only to happen again later in the same game (you get to the point where you can't really enjoy the goal because you are thinking they are going to 'over-officiate' things and take away anything spontaneous).

I was getting that feeling toward the end of the game last night because of flags against both sides, they were becoming almost as important to both teams as the result of an individual play on the field. For the viewer, fan of the Bills or Jets or just casually watching it, it took away from the game.

I'm not referencing what happened a couple years ago at all, I was making a statement about last night. Not sure what you mean by "are you new here"????

Before the game ended you said “looks like a win for the Bills.” It was a fair response from Liger. McD sucks end of game situations. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Great win given the circumstances-  division game, MNF, end loss streak, 3rd straight road game, Jets rallying around new coach, etc. 

Ugly officiating from start to finish. Both teams were hurt by it.  

Some things to clean up.  Hail Mary, full of grace.  

Game Balls to Ray Davis, Josh Allen, Taron Johnson, and Rapp. 

Take the W.  Move on.  

No love for Epenesa?  Not taking away anything from the 4 you thought stood out; they did.  But AJ had just as big a game as those other 4 and just like if any of those other 4 aren't doing their thing the Bills lose this one; take his play out and they lose this one.

Edited by Taro T
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

What does 13 seconds have to do with todays game, the fact that over 20 penalties were accepted between both teams and, especially toward the end, it seems like you can't even 'enjoy' the outcome of any play because you are looking for a flag?

You know, let me give you a few other examples....you watch a college football game and the same thing happens, important play after important play, only to be reversed a few seconds later by a flag. Or, a goal called back in the nhl because of an offsides penalty, only to happen again later in the same game (you get to the point where you can't really enjoy the goal because you are thinking they are going to 'over-officiate' things and take away anything spontaneous).

I was getting that feeling toward the end of the game last night because of flags against both sides, they were becoming almost as important to both teams as the result of an individual play on the field. For the viewer, fan of the Bills or Jets or just casually watching it, it took away from the game.

I'm not referencing what happened a couple years ago at all, I was making a statement about last night. Not sure what you mean by "are you new here"????

You declared the game over with over 2minutes left on the clock. That is what I am referring too. You would think a Buffalo Bills fan that lived through 13 seconds wouldn't be foolish enough to declare a one possession game over when the opponent has the ball and 3 timeouts with over two minutes left. 

Edited by LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No love for Epinesa?  Not taking away anything from the 4 you thought stood out; they did.  But AJ had just as big a game as those other 4 and just like if any of those other 4 aren't doing their thing the Bills lose this one; take his play out and they lose this one.

Yeah, but he needs to learn how to gently place the QB on the ground. Until he can do that, he’s another liability. Excuse me Mr Rodgers, would you please take a knee. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Before the game ended you said “looks like a win for the Bills.” It was a fair response from Liger. McD sucks end of game situations. 

Wow, you guys are really nitpicking. If anything, "LOOKS" like a win for the bills might even support your point of view.

Anyway, the response....are you new here....not appropriate when my whole post was based on the penalties.  You guys are spending too much time nit-picking others posts and trying to give 'cute' responses instead of actually reading and understanding the content...i guess. 🤷‍♂️

20 minutes ago, shrader said:

Yeah, but he needs to learn how to gently place the QB on the ground.

Rogers said the RTP penalty when Epenesa hit him should not have been called.  If you look at the replay you can see them both going down with Epenesa pawing at the ball just before they hit the ground he stops doing that and braces his weight on that arm (as he is supposed to do under the rule of not putting his weight on the QB).

The officials last night were especially dreadful.  Really, really, really dreadful.  Angel Hernandez calling balls and strikes bad.

12 minutes ago, Doohicksie said:

Rogers said the RTP penalty when Epenesa hit him should not have been called.  If you look at the replay you can see them both going down with Epenesa pawing at the ball just before they hit the ground he stops doing that and braces his weight on that arm (as he is supposed to do under the rule of not putting his weight on the QB).

The officials last night were especially dreadful.  Really, really, really dreadful.  Angel Hernandez calling balls and strikes bad.

Ha, I made the Angel Hernandez comment last night too.  They clearly wanted attention last night.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Rapp played a great game and up a touchdown and a first down throw in the 4th Q.  He is ok, not great. 

Hamlin is below average in all facets of the game.  

Hyde and Poyer are missed, especially the younger versions of them.  

Hopefully Bishop takes over at some point this season.  Markedly better foot speed and coverage instincts.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Davante Adams traded to the Jets per Ian Rapport

Not remotely surprising.  And don't really see it helping them that much.  Wonder if any of A-A-Ron's other besties from his Packers days are floating around the league.

Will be interesting to see how much, if any, money the Raiders retained.  Because without retention there's no way the Bills could've been in on that one.  (And while they really need WR help; not sure if trading for a more injury prone Diggs is the right way to fix that this year.)

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not remotely surprising.  And don't really see it helping them that much.  Wonder if any of A-A-Ron's other besties from his Packers days are floating around the league.

Will be interesting to see how much, if any, money the Raiders retained.  Because without retention there's no way the Bills could've been in on that one.  (And while they really need WR help; not sure if trading for a more injury prone Diggs is the right way to fix that this year.)

Not to mention that he's a malcontent who only wanted to be in one location.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Third straight game with a 50+ yarder allowed. I miss having all pro safeties.

• Eyeroll 1

Raiders should've held on for a 2nd and conditional 1st. GM Rodgers would've gotten even more desperate and done it after next week.

But I know how this ends. It ends exactly like last night's game. Someone else (let's call him Garrett Wilson - oh hell! it could still be Lazard) is coming open on a 15-yard crosser for the first down. But there's some pressure and Rodgers doesn't want to get hit, so he lofts a floaty backfoot jump ball to Adams. Interception. Season officially over. Except it'll be in Jersey in week 16 against the Rams instead of in the playoffs against the 49ers.

Just keep blitzing the A-gap on a delay while dropping off into those slant lanes.

2 hours ago, JujuFish said:

Third straight game with a 50+ yarder allowed. I miss having all pro safeties.

The Jest had something like nine splash plays last night (plays over 20 yards). Nine. That is unsustainable and unacceptable. And it is the athletic limitation of our safeties that is mostly to blame for that. Rapp is a backup at best and Hamlin has no business even being in the league. 

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

They are not retaining any money. 

• Thanks (+1) 1