Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

7 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

The Jets fired Saleh.

Saleh has to be happy about this.  It has to be infuriating working for that franchise.  Not that I follow football much or know if he's really a capable coach, but I know the Jets seem to always do some stupid stuff with their personnel.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LTS said:

Saleh has to be happy about this.  It has to be infuriating working for that franchise.  Not that I follow football much or know if he's really a capable coach, but I know the Jets seem to always do some stupid stuff with their personnel.

I'm not saying Saleh didn't deserve to get fired, but Aaron Rodgers is a cancer at this point.  Its his way or no way, why would any team sign up for that?  

Its New York so I'm pretty sure they will get their choice of a few coaches, but if I were a candidate, I'd say "No thanks" to working with Rodgers and take my chances with another job in the future.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm not saying Saleh didn't deserve to get fired, but Aaron Rodgers is a cancer at this point.  Its his way or no way, why would any team sign up for that?  

Its New York so I'm pretty sure they will get their choice of a few coaches, but if I were a candidate, I'd say "No thanks" to working with Rodgers and take my chances with another job in the future.

Zach Wilson or 40 year old Rodgers. Which one do you take?

I'll hang up and throw up now.

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

Zach Wilson or 40 year old Rodgers. Which one do you take?

I'll hang up and throw up now.

If I already have a job and I absolutely need to win, I 'guess' I'd take Rodgers.  But I'm not taking a job as a new coach if I have to work with him, and my success/failure and how I interact with the team is with him as the 'defacto' leader of the team.

13 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Great analogy I saw online 

when the game is stressful and the team / players need to reach out to their coach. 
having Andy Reid on the sideline is like reaching for a life preserver when drowning.  While having McDermott on your sideline is like reaching out and grabbing a 50lb kettle bell 

yes , he will survive the season unless the wheels completely fall off but this is it for him.   McDermotts time is long up 

This is the exact quote and is right on the mark 

“Andy Reid in crisis feels like a life preserver for the Chiefs. Sean McDermott in crisis feels like a kettle ball…” 

1 hour ago, Demoted said:

Don't coaching changes usually equal a win the next week, b.c the players rally around the new guy for a game?

Carolina fired Matt Ruhle a couple years ago in week 5. They faced a 2-3 Rams team and lost 24-10

Jags fired Urban Meyer in 2021, the following week they lost 30-16 to a 2-11 Houston team.

Mike McCarthy was fired by the Packers in 2018 mid year. The following week they beat a 4-8 Atlanta team.

Colts fired Frank Reich during the 2022 season. The following week they beat a 2-6 Raiders team.

Washington fired Jay Gruden in 2019. The following game they beat a winless Miami team (0-5) 17-16.

So, in recent history, it doesn't seem to matter much. The game after a coach is fired there are some wins and some losses, but often time the wins are against very bad teams.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Rodgers is coach now

Captain Phillips GIF

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Carolina fired Matt Ruhle a couple years ago in week 5. They faced a 2-3 Rams team and lost 24-10

Jags fired Urban Meyer in 2021, the following week they lost 30-16 to a 2-11 Houston team.

Mike McCarthy was fired by the Packers in 2018 mid year. The following week they beat a 4-8 Atlanta team.

Colts fired Frank Reich during the 2022 season. The following week they beat a 2-6 Raiders team.

Washington fired Jay Gruden in 2019. The following game they beat a winless Miami team (0-5) 17-16.

So, in recent history, it doesn't seem to matter much. The game after a coach is fired there are some wins and some losses, but often time the wins are against very bad teams.

Raiders fired Josh McDaniels last season and appointed Pierce as interim HC. They whooped the Giants the next week 30-6.

Per the story linked below, that was the largest margin of victory in an NFL game following a midseason HC firing since 2015.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38829509/raiders-win-antonio-pierce-coaching-debut

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/08/sport/josh-allen-buffalo-bills-chris-nowinski-spt-intl/index.html

Neuroscientist wants the NFL to investigate Josh Allen’s apparent head injury, despite the QB passing a concussion check

What a joke that "protocol" was.

I'm concerned for the guy.

There's online chatter that he was probably concussed in the Baltimore game.

If so, it could help explain why he was so off, so erratic from the get-go against the Texans.

• dislike 1

On 10/8/2024 at 1:45 PM, That Aud Smell said:

What a joke that "protocol" was.

I'm concerned for the guy.

There's online chatter that he was probably concussed in the Baltimore game.

If so, it could help explain why he was so off, so erratic from the get-go against the Texans.

The protocol might indeed be a joke. 

I am concerned for him as well.  

But "online chatter" that he was concussed in the Baltimore game is a big reach. 

He was off in the Houston game because the game plan stunk, the WRs stink, the OL was getting beat, and he simply missed the throws that were there.  

52 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The protocol might indeed be a joke. 

I am concerned for him as well.  

But "online chatter" that he was concussed in the Baltimore game is a big reach. 

He was off in the Houston game because the game plan stunk, the WRs stink, the OL was getting beat, and he simply missed the throws that were there.  

theorizing that allen was concussed against baltimore is, in fact, not a big reach. it's not even a reach. imo, it's a probability.

to my eye, allen looked weirdly off against the texans - right from the hop. he missed easy reads. he made inaccurate throws. he reverted to a player who only knew how to take the big shots and didn't know how to manage a game when the game called for management.

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

theorizing that allen was concussed against baltimore is, in fact, not a big reach. it's not even a reach. imo, it's a probability.

Sure, everything has a probability, some are low and some are high.   You can find a replay like that one in just about every football game and for just about every QB.