Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

12 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

OMG.  The Texans would not  have had time to throw the ball in the middle of the field to pick up an extra 5-7yds. 
you are also assuming the Bills get stopped 3 times for zero yds 

they had a qb who was 9-27 throw 3  more times.   
To run the ball was both managing the clock and proper play calling 

I just realized, I don’t care.

The Bills should just win. It’s better than losing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Allen has worse game of career.

D can’t stop Houston on 3rd down to save their lives.

And you are still tied late in the 4th.

So the coaching staff decides to give the game away AGAIN with a complete lack of understanding of clock management.🤬🤬🤬

How the F do you have possessions of 19 and 16 seconds.  You run the ball once at the end of the game and Houston don’t have time to get the ball back and win the game.

The incompetence of this coaching staff in regards to clock management is beyond frustrating.

Just a fantastic weekend of Buffalo sports🤬

• Like (+1) 1

Bills game says a lot about the coaches not having a feel for the game.  

McD is often conservative and has been criticized for counting on the defense when he has Allen. 

Today he gave the offense 3 shots.  Draining their timeouts is a sound strategy.  But playing to win means just get a first down.  The play calls were perplexing for a team that needed 10 yards to force OT. They failed. So he gets criticized for being the opposite of his norm this time around.  Add this to his game management record   

He was agressive on a 4th down early in the game and we scored on that drive.  

Josh Allen is working with garbage. 

We are seeing a bad trend on the offense.  We need guys that can get open. Beane better try to trade for an upgrade - Samuel, Hollis, Valdes Scantling are all pretty bad - they are not starters, and not even good backups   

Without Shakir, who is a good slot #3, we have nothing at WR.  

Edited by Pimlach

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We might of won the SB if not for the clowning that lost us the .13 second game against KC. That was our high water mark. Pegula has to make a tough choice if we can go further with these guys in charge. 

I whole heartedly agree that 13 seconds was the make or break moment. I feel the Diggs drama at the beginning of last season was him seeing the train wreck coming and wanting out. He did not put in the effort at all last season on purpose. 

• Agree 1

So the Bills had 10 men lined up on the play right after the punt with 7 seconds to go.  Williams runs out but doesn't know the play 

Bills have two deep safeties guarding against what exactly?

last year it was 12 men., this year it's 10 men and another confused Defence. 
Only a Super Bowl appearance should be able to save McDermotts job this year 

Enough is Enough 

Here is the dot diagram. 

are there any McDermott apologists left out there?

if so, please explain exactly what the D is doing here. Not withstanding #42 arriving to the field late and not knowing the call 

But what about the rest of this call?   
 If you are still a McDermott apologist, what will it take for you? How many botched games are you willing to throw away? 

9 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Here is the dot diagram. 

if so, please explain exactly what the D is doing here. Not withstanding #42 arriving to the field late and not knowing the call 

If you are still a McDermott apologist, what will it take for you? How many botched games are you willing to throw away? 

This play wasn't good.  The clock management was awful too.

I think all coaches make mistakes.  I think McDermott is a pretty good coach, I don't want him fired now. I didn't want him fired last year, nor after 13 seconds. HOWEVER, lets see how this season goes.  If this season goes worse than expectations and we see more signs of things like this, I'll be open to a change at the end of the year.

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I’d like to see some advanced stats on Bills WR getting open this game. Everyone is laying blame at Josh’s feet but I’ve heard from decent sources that no one was open at all.  

They were terrible.   Almost never open.  

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I honestly think the Bills need at least two WR with Shakir out.  Send whatever it takes to LV for Davante, sign whatever NFL vet is sitting on some teams practice squad.  These wide outs are garbage.  

Yes. So far the veterans Samuel, Hollis, and Valdes Scantling have been terrible.  None of them are starting caliber NFL receivers.   We did not replace Diggs and Davis.  Josh Allen will suffer because of it.  

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

This play wasn't good.  The clock management was awful too.

I think all coaches make mistakes.  I think McDermott is a pretty good coach, I don't want him fired now. I didn't want him fired last year, nor after 13 seconds. HOWEVER, lets see how this season goes.  If this season goes worse than expectations and we see more signs of things like this, I'll be open to a change at the end of the year.

They've been making these kind of coaching errors since day 1 with him 

Season expectation should be Super Bowl or bust for him 

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Here is the dot diagram. 

Less of a McD apologist and just a case of Pegula-phobia. I’m terrified to put Terry in charge of hiring a new staff. 

But todays game play plus the speculation that they marched Allen out there with a a concussion and possibly not even meeting with a neuro has put me in the “fire him tomorrow morning” camp. 

• Eyeroll 1

All the venom, and yet the Bills are a game clear in the division and set up nicely given the joke of the AFC East.  Three months of football left.  I’m not sweating the tiebreaker scenarios in week five. Lots can happen.  

The Bills were not favored on the road against the Ravens or Texans.  And yet here we are with a get-right game against the Jets coming up. Heading toward 4-2 and the ghost of Tua the only divisional threat. We’re good. 

Meanwhile, Burrow’s Bengals are 1-4.  We are ok here.  Not that things could be better,  but we haven't lost a game we should have. The Bills will be fine. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Mango said:

Less of a McD apologist and just a case of Pegula-phobia. I’m terrified to put Terry in charge of hiring a new staff. 

But todays game play plus the speculation that they marched Allen out there with a a concussion and possibly not even meeting with a neuro has put me in the “fire him tomorrow morning” camp. 

I like people trust rumors and conspiracies more than the truth.

I cannot blame coaches for Josh's lack of accuracy.  He missed 5 wide open WRs and threw the ball OOBs 4 times when trying to throw to a WR.

Edited by Demoted

2 hours ago, Demoted said:

I cannot blame coaches for Josh's lack of accuracy.  He missed 5 wide open WRs and threw the ball OOBs 4 times when trying to throw to a WR.

He also hit a receiver in the head because that guy didn’t know the play, and had another wait for the ball to come to him instead of going to get it. If we had WRs that were worth even a squirt of piss, Josh played well enough to win this game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Demoted said:

Why was Allen running out of the pocket so much?   The OL was collapsing around him and no one is open.  He has the worst WRs in the NFL right now.  Especially with Shakir out.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1