Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

Just now, JujuFish said:

We'll never know for sure, but I feel quite confident that if you asked Dalton and Josh about that play, they would agree Josh was the guilty one.

Yes, he underthrew him. I’m not arguing that. No one plays a perfect game. Our receivers never bail Josh out. Kincaid absolutely could have on that play.

• Like (+1) 1

And here we are again Classic McDermott.   
I never thought I'd see mismanagement as bad as 13 seconds    Because of the importance of the game , it doesn't reach that level but this coach loses more close games than he wins for them  

No doubt in my mind he will lose another big one for the Bills in the near future due to his inability to manage the clock 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

And here we are again Classic McDermott.   
I never thought I'd see mismanagement as bad as 13 seconds    Because of the importance of the game , it doesn't reach that level but this coach loses more close games than he wins for them  

No doubt in my mind he will lose another big one for the Bills in the near future due to his inability to manage the clock 

This loss has nothing to do with clock management and everything to do with poor playcalling and inability to get a 1st down. The Texans had 3 timeouts. If the Bills just ran the ball 3 times to try to kill time, it would have actually ended up with more time on the clock, not less.

1 minute ago, JujuFish said:

Calling him a jackass for misjudging the defender says more about you than it does about him.

Settle down. Those little things matter. Professionals should care about that stuff.

12 minutes ago, calti said:

great receivers come back for underthrown passes. Great receivers have that kind of awareness

YES!!!!

3 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

This loss has nothing to do with clock management and everything to do with poor playcalling and inability to get a 1st down. The Texans had 3 timeouts. If the Bills just ran the ball 3 times to try to kill time, it would have actually ended up with more time on the clock, not less.

It’s about field position at that point. Run the ball 3 times and gain 5 yards it makes a big difference on the other end. It’s all speculation at this point but the logic behind the play calling was totally wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Would they have been able to run the play that put them into FG range ?  Hey maybe running it 3 times nets you a first down ? Even 5 or 6 yds in those 3 plays may have been enough to keep them out of FG range ?   3 pass plays in a row with where they were on the Field should be fireable    Especially with his history of mismanagement 

5 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Play calling on that last possession was criminally bad. I would say laughable but I spent those entire 16 or so seconds swearing at the television. Unbelievable.

Would have been more appropriate swearing 13 seconds 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Would they have been able to run the play that put them into FG range ?  Hey maybe running it 3 times nets you a first down ? Even 5 or 6 yds in those 3 plays may have been enough to keep them out of FG range ?   3 pass plays in a row with where they were on the Field should be fireable    Especially with his history of mismanagement 

What does any of this have to do with clock management? You haven't contradicted what I said in the slightest.

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Would have been more appropriate swearing 13 seconds 

I seem to remember doing that a few years ago too. 😂😢

JA is regressing quickly with a criminally bad WR corps. That’s on Bean. Never furnished with a deep threat dominant WR. Defenses have no fear of the deep ball. We literally might waste a top 3 QBs career with mismanagement and subpar coaching. 

AFC east is the worst division in football btw. Hilarious one of these teams are going to get a playoff spot. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I absolutely agree with this. 

From your own 2 yard line and little time left,  your number one objective should be get the game to OT and call plays accordingly.  These deep throws were low percentage and our receivers weren’t open all day.  Ergo, force them to use their TO’s, and call safe plays to get 10 yards in the next 3 downs.  You’d think we had plays for situations like that. Worse case is you punt to them and they have zero TO’s. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, SwampD said:

I absolutely agree with this. 

OMG.  The Texans would not  have had time to throw the ball in the middle of the field to pick up an extra 5-7yds. 
you are also assuming the Bills get stopped 3 times for zero yds 

they had a qb who was 9-27 throw 3  more times.   
To run the ball was both managing the clock and proper play calling