Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

Well, that sucked.

Top to bottom, start to finish, it just looked like one team wanted it more. At 1 - 2, I’m sure they did.

I remember the last time a trick play killed the Bills.

Just play football. That was awful.

Edited by SwampD

Game was lost 3 drives into the game 

1st drive.  
they go for it 4th and 1 at their  own 39 and get the 1st

Cook had runs for 8yds and they bring in Davis who gets stopped for no gain. 
3rd down incomplete 
4th down they punt.   
No guts no Glory 

2nd drive down 7-0 they kick a long field goal - fair enough 

3rd drive down 14-3 and no sense the D is going to be able to slow down the Ravens and they once again have 4th and 1 on their own 39.  This time McDermott punts!!! 
how do you go for it at 0-0 but punt down 14-3????!!

a few minutes later it's 21-3.  

I have no confidence MCdermott has what it takes to ever win the Super Bowl 

He's a fine coach and will get you into the playoffs BUT he's always gonna be a step behind a guy like Andy Reid 

when you have Allen as your QB you need to go for it whenever you are 4th and short outside your own 35yrd line 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • dislike 1

Hopefully it’s just one game. But tonight exposed a lot if fears I had about the wr corps, d-line, secondary, Bass, and coaching that we hid against the three bad teams we played. Against a contender, we’d be one and done in the playoffs as is. 

Edited by Gatorman0519
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

That game played out how I thought it would sadly. The coaches did not game plan correctly. I felt like if the Bills wanted a chance they would need to do the total opposite of what won them the first 3 games.

They decided to run with he same plan of screens and short passes against a team that has been practicing sound techniques, after almost letting Dallas back into the game. You can see what a team will try to correct and when it comes to Baltimore they have a history of correcting issues.

12 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Hopefully it’s just one game. But tonight exposed a lot if fears I had about the wr corps, d-line, secondary, Bass, and coaching that we hid against the three bad teams we played. Against a contender, we’d be one and done in the playoffs as is. 

The Bills had not lost by more than 6 points in 43 games, an NFL record.   A bad loss was coming and this was the matchup. 

I agree that some fears from pre-season were on display - the WR core, the backup LBs, the young secondary.   I do not like the starting safeties and we need Johnson and Bernard soon, maybe we get Milano back in December/January.  The key for our defense is strong DL play, we didn't get that yesterday either.  

It is easy to blame the coaching but on that first TD run the LB and DB's missed their gap assignments and that cannot happen when we are outmatched against the run to begin with.  We needed to be perfect in scheme and they were not. 

On offense there were passes dropped in the first half that killed drives (Kincaid and Coleman) and we finally saw that we lack real weapons at WR.   After Shakir, there is not much there at all.   No deep threat, the Ravens had 7 in the box to stop Cook/Allen runs, and if we passed they blitzed Allen from that formation.  

On ST there was Bass with another miss.  I doubt he will finish the season with the team at this rate.  

The bizarre play call that resulted in a turnover changed the game, we were still in it at that point.  

Flush this, move on to the the Texans.  We will see what kind of team we have in the next 2 weeks.  We are rebuilding as we go and you could really see it last night.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 5

Everyone was screaming super bowl team after 3 wins!!! Now they are grabbing the torches and pitchforks!!! LOL This team is going to make the playoffs..... our division is dog water!! LOL 1 loss is not a big deal. They were not going to go 17-0!!! If they lose the next 2, then i would start to worry. Until then..... enjoy reading the crazy posts!! LOL

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Game was lost 3 drives into the game 

1st drive.  
they go for it 4th and 1 at their  own 39 and get the 1st

Cook had runs for 8yds and they bring in Davis who gets stopped for no gain. 
3rd down incomplete 
4th down they punt.   
No guts no Glory 

2nd drive down 7-0 they kick a long field goal - fair enough 

3rd drive down 14-3 and no sense the D is going to be able to slow down the Ravens and they once again have 4th and 1 on their own 39.  This time McDermott punts!!! 
how do you go for it at 0-0 but punt down 14-3????!!

a few minutes later it's 21-3.  

I have no confidence MCdermott has what it takes to ever win the Super Bowl 

He's a fine coach and will get you into the playoffs BUT he's always gonna be a step behind a guy like Andy Reid 

when you have Allen as your QB you need to go for it whenever you are 4th and short outside your own 35yrd line 

Wadr, game wasn't lost on those 1st 3 series.  Game was lost on the bizarre trick play that nearly got Allen killed.

Bills scored on their 1st drive of the 1/2; Jackson was on the ropes with 2 horrible drives to start the 2nd half following his fumble near the end of the 1st half; and the Bills were driving again.  Just keep doing what you're doing at that point.  Expecting that was a learning moment for Brady and expect he learned what he needed to from that.

That got the Ravens fired back up and the game was all but over after they scored to go up by 18 on that followup drive late in the 3rd.

Allen is very good late in games; Jackson, not so much.  The Bills should've just kept doing what they were doing and let the 2nd half snowball in their favor as much as the 1st half did for Baltimore.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Doohicksie said:

But he's already been on thin ice I think.  I think yesterday more than anything, McDermott was soundly out-coached.  I hope he learned something from the whoopin'.

How many times are the Bills going to let this happen?   To me, it's already once too many.   I know there is zero % chance he gets fired during the regular season.

I also have very little hope McDermott won't get outcoached again this January 

31 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wadr, game wasn't lost on those 1st 3 series.  Game was lost on the bizarre trick play that nearly got Allen killed.

Bills scored on their 1st drive of the 1/2; Jackson was on the ropes with 2 horrible drives to start the 2nd half following his fumble near the end of the 1st half; and the Bills were driving again.  Just keep doing what you're doing at that point.  Expecting that was a learning moment for Brady and expect he learned what he needed to from that.

That got the Ravens fired back up and the game was all but over after they scored to go up by 18 on that followup drive late in the 3rd.

Allen is very good late in games; Jackson, not so much.  The Bills should've just kept doing what they were doing and let the 2nd half snowball in their favor as much as the 1st half did for Baltimore.

Yeah that was disturbing. Take that game to 21-17 and doubt would’ve started creeping in that stadium. Cook was starting to run the ball and JA found rhythm. Mind boggling to suddenly throw in an unnecessary trick play that was not tricky at all. The game was over right there. 

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I agree that it was a dumb play call BUT those first 3 drives set the tone.   They would had to have played perfect football to get back and win the game from that point. Obviously they didn't 

15 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I agree that it was a dumb play call BUT those first 3 drives set the tone.   They would had to have played perfect football to get back and win the game from that point. Obviously they didn't 

But, until that brainfart from the OC, they were getting back into that game.  

They didn't need to play perfect over the last 22 or so minutes; just keep playing like they had the previous 10 would've been enough.

As I said going into this week.  The Bills had played suspect level teams and the Ravens, while starting slow, had found their mojo. It went how I expected it to go on the Baltimore side. I'm not sure I expected the offense to be as bad as it was, but it was.

Yeah, hopefully they learn.  Or, they're just not that good. Their defense is not a good match for Baltimore's offense, especially with the legitimate rushing threat of Henry.

21 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

I wouldn’t harp on receivers. Allen had people running at him every drive. The oline protection was atrocious 

The receivers were a big reason why Allen had so much pressure, especially in the second half.   Did you watch the game?  The Raven often played with 7 men up in a box to stop Cook and Allen from running.  That was their plan because they did not fear our WRs.   

They showed this on TV numerous times.   If we passed when looking at 6 or 7 in the box then they blitz at least 1, if not 2, of their front 7 and Allen could not always get through his reads.  The WRs were not open and they dropped a few that would have converted 3 down in big situations.  

The constant QB pressure was more about the WRs than it was a bad OL.   Brady called ZERO screens and did nothing to counter.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

I wouldn’t harp on receivers. Allen had people running at him every drive. The oline protection was atrocious 

I don’t agree. Josh was on the run a lot because he didn’t have any open receivers to throw to (especially when the Bills were down three scores and the route tree got further downfield).  
WR separation was a bigger problem than protection on obvious passing downs.  The ball couldn’t come out on time so Josh had to deal with pressure.  

Edited by Porous Five Hole
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I don’t agree. Josh was on the run a lot because he didn’t have any open receivers to throw to (especially when the Bills were down three scores and the route tree got further downfield).  
WR separation was a bigger problem than protection on obvious passing downs.  The ball couldn’t come out on time so Josh had to deal with pressure.  

Very tough game to have Shakir gimping around on 1 good ankle.  He being at 100% would've helped.  (Whether it would've helped enough is open for argument, but it would've helped.)  And Brady not outthinking himself would have helped even more.