Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

22 hours ago, GoPre said:

This.  Wish I was there for this.  What a moment to experience.  Just enjoying the moment.  Life is good for the Bills and their fans.  Go Bills.  

Trainspotting was a great movie.

EDIT: … Is a great movie.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's catchy though. 

Formulaic. Many people are aesthetic conformists, especially those who attend sporting events. None of this is surprising. Football has replaced church and these people were singing a hymn in honor of the god of consumerism.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I kind of find it repulsive.  I know a lot of people like it; I tried to see what all the fuss was about and I just kinda go EW.  Maybe generational or something.

Yeah you’re too old to enjoy life 😀

Edited by inkman
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, ... said:

Formulaic. Many people are aesthetic conformists, especially those who attend sporting events. None of this is surprising. Football has replaced church and these people were singing a hymn in honor of the god of consumerism.

The thistle patch is over that way, Eeyore.

Ha. A joke. Mostly.

I was there. I barely know the words to the song. But they display the lyrics. I sang along. It was a bit of fun. "It's not that deep," as my Gen Z 20-somethings are wont to say.

Lots of things have replaced that essential human experience that most people used to have in/at a house of worship -- live sporting experiences among them.

For my money, live music is a better replacement. The guy taking this video was in the row ahead of me for this show in Cleveland. Seemed like the whole damn amp was singing along - the 1:00 mark still gives me chills!

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The Killers... not so much.  They're not bad but they're not for me.

That's fair. I don't know any of their music other than that stadium anthem. I have no use for the song except in stadium or arena settings. It's just fun to sing along with a crowd. The experience of doing so can touch something in the soul.

Edited by That Aud Smell

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I was there. I barely know the words to the song. But they display the lyrics. I sang along. It was a bit of fun. "It's not that deep," as my Gen Z 20-somethings are wont to say.

Lots of things have replaced that essential human experience that most people used to have in/at a house of worship -- live sporting experiences among them.

Yeah... to continue the comparison to houses of worship, when I see people happily singing along to Mr. Brightside I feel like a Catholic who just wandered into a Baptist service.  I definitely feel like an outsider.

Just now, Doohickie said:

Yeah... to continue the comparison to houses of worship, when I see people happily singing along to Mr. Brightside I feel like a Catholic who just wandered into a Baptist service.  I definitely feel like an outsider.

The water's fine. Just dive in!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

That's fair. I don't know any of their music other than that stadium anthem. I have no use for the song except in stadium or arena settings. It's just fun to sing along with a crowd. The experience of doing so can touch something in the soul.

Now if you want to talk about stadium anthems, I really like Seven Nations Army and through that song I was introduced to Jack White; I'm not always crazy about his signing voice but the musicality of is songs is fantastic and I've got several of albums on my "to buy" list.

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

The water's fine. Just dive in!

But I'm already baptized, thanks.  😉 

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, ... said:

And look at the narcissicism on display by some of the players. You get all the attention. You get all the everything. Give the drunks their moment.

One more reason I appreciate hockey players. That scene wouldn't play out in an NHL arena.