Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

1 hour ago, calti said:

its easy to say i told you so...but..he shoulda had a mandatory 1 yr off after the first concussions

That psychopath McDaniel wouldn't even admit that Tua had a concussion on the Milano hit.  They called it an ankle injury.  Had they treated THAT like a concussion, maybe he doesn't get a second major one in less than a week and maybe just getting bounced off a guy's bicep doesn't result in what might be a career ending concussion.

Ironically it was Hamlin that "hit" Tua and this hit happened the same week that the psychopath got an extension through '28.  The guy that "died" on the field "killed" the Fishies chances this season right when the guy who caused the whole problem got shown the money.

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Also... they're ladies frames.

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

He wore different ones in the post game interview.  Those were more the Grandpa's $2 cheaters for trying to read the menu at Stuckey's.

I thought maybe he was talking about Terry.

Looked like he was wearing his eye protection from racquet ball or squash.

• Thanks (+1) 1

As I’ve said elsewhere, I stopped following football years ago, but I woke up this morning to a pretty misleading headline “Miami’s Tua out with concussion after monster hit by Bills’ Hamlin.”

I pulled up a video expecting to see a big and questionable hit. The only thing questionable about that play is what Tua was trying to accomplish since I wouldn’t even call it a hit. The crazy bit is watching the collision in real time from the field view camera makes it look like Tua was targeting Hamlin’s knees. Because it’s hard to justify why he didn’t slide otherwise.

Got to love AI generated clickbait headlines. That wasn’t a hit.

I also wish Tua the best and I hope the Dolphins’ medical staff handle this concussion in a serious manner. I hope Hamlin, given his history, doesn’t feel guilty and that this incident didn’t bring back too many terrible memories. This was quite clearly not his fault.

• Like (+1) 1

I think at this point ,if there was any doubt,  Miami is nothing more but a middling, average team overall.

The 70 points against Denver and just the thought of how much speed they have on offense, at least for me, made me think they were/are more dangerous than they actually are. 

This year they barely beat Jacksonville at home, and lost to the Bills, who were in total control of the game even before Tua got hurt. The Bills team without its best LB and losing their 2nd best...with questions and inexperience at Safety....that is the team Miami had trouble moving the ball on.

Last year they were shut down in the playoffs. In the regular season they allowed 56 to Baltimore in getting obliterated by them...and in Playing Buffalo (twice), Baltimore, Dallas, KC, and Philly (The best teams they played), were a total of 1-5, with squeaking out a couple point victory against Dallas at home, and being outscored by 93 points in the other 5.

The Bills did what they needed, they had a few injuries, the flew to Miami on a short week, Allen may not have been 100%, and they got the Win.  Buffalo did what a good team does. Miami? Even with Tua I'm no longer worried about them, but without him, whatever.

The big story about the game is the Tua head injury. Beyond that, THIS is the game that 100% convinced me that viewing Miami as any kind of thread (even with Tua) is just frauduant.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, #freejame said:

I feel like we usually take our foot off the gas in games like this. We need to step on their necks and make a statement. 

They kept Allen and Cook out there far too long for my fantasy team’s longevity.  I want points but when your up 3 tuddys in the 4th quarter, you can call off the dogs. 

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

They kept Allen and Cook out there far too long for my fantasy team’s longevity.  I want points but when your up 3 tuddys in the 4th quarter, you can call off the dogs. 

Yeah that’s the right call there. I posted it at halftime, things certainly changed in the 3rd. 

Great game by Buffalo's defense after yet again starting questionably. The first interception was on the receiver not Tua and at that point they were moving the ball well. I do appreciate that it appears they can adjust well at halftime. Reminds me a bit of Kirby Smart. 

I worry a bit about the offense. Allen had short fields all game and the offensive line was great. Still, I felt like there wasn't much downfield unless Allen was scrambling but maybe I shouldn't worry because so far, the short stuff is working great. 

Great game and 11 days off is very good. Allen can rest up and so can anyone else. 

Seems to be a lot of praise for the defense from last night.

While they certainly had their moments with some key stops, my untrained eye saw the Dolphins beating themselves more than the Bills defense forcing the turnovers. Had it not been for a gap from a receiver, a couple gaps by Tua, and the injury, I think the score could have looked a lot different. 

Admittedly I'm just an armchair QB and never played the game so I might not see the same things as some of you.

What am I missing?