Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

Allen has been cleared to practice. He looks to have avoided any serious injury to his left hand.

Taron, otoh, is out for Thursday. Which effing blows.

Cam Lewis filled in admirably against the Cardinals. And, if there's one thing McDermott excels at, it's getting his defensive backfield coached up and prepared. So, hopefully Josh can hang a 40-burger on the Dolphins and the D can do enough to help secure the W.

One last thing in this regard: Is it me, or does Taylor Rapp lead the league in friendly-fire-inflicted injuries? Dude's a menace.

A little more info (or at least another side of) the Tyreek Hill saga from yesterday...

On Monday, the South Florida Police Benevolent Association defended the actions of the officers involved, highlighting that Hill was never placed under arrest.

“Upon being stopped, Mr. Hill was not immediately cooperative with the officers on scene who, pursuant to policy and for their immediate safety, placed Mr. Hill in handcuffs,” Steadman Stahl, the organization’s president, said in a statement to CNN.

“Mr. Hill, still uncooperative, refused to sit on the ground and was therefore redirected to the ground. Once the situation was sorted out within a few minutes, Mr. Hill was issued two traffic citations and was free to leave.

“In this case, while we will wait for the investigation to run its course, based on what we know, we stand with the actions of our officers but look forward to further open communication moving forward,” Stahl added.

Article here: https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/09/sport/tyreek-hill-detaining-drew-rosenhaus-dolphins-spt-intl/index.html

Apparently, he was stopped for reckless driving and not wearing a seatbelt.

Edited by mjd1001

21 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

A little more info (or at least another side of) the Tyreek Hill saga from yesterday...

On Monday, the South Florida Police Benevolent Association defended the actions of the officers involved, highlighting that Hill was never placed under arrest.

“Upon being stopped, Mr. Hill was not immediately cooperative with the officers on scene who, pursuant to policy and for their immediate safety, placed Mr. Hill in handcuffs,” Steadman Stahl, the organization’s president, said in a statement to CNN.

“Mr. Hill, still uncooperative, refused to sit on the ground and was therefore redirected to the ground. Once the situation was sorted out within a few minutes, Mr. Hill was issued two traffic citations and was free to leave.

“In this case, while we will wait for the investigation to run its course, based on what we know, we stand with the actions of our officers but look forward to further open communication moving forward,” Stahl added.

Article here: https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/09/sport/tyreek-hill-detaining-drew-rosenhaus-dolphins-spt-intl/index.html

If this is indeed the case, Tyreek should answer for his crimes. 60 hours Community service sweeping stadium parking starting this Thursday 8pm and every Sunday home game 1pm there after until the hours are completed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Judge for yourself

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Judge for yourself

I can honestly see both sides.

They were very rough with him, it appears needlessly rough. Yet, I have always though that when a Police officer tells me something you do it right away.  They want me to roll down the winder, I roll it down. From the Cops point of view..I don't care the color of your skin, I do not pull someone over and let them roll up windows tinted that dark where I can't see inside. The second they roll up tinted windows and I don't know what they are doing, I'm getting nervous. It only takes a second or two for someone to pull out a weapon, it happens.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I can honestly see both sides.

They were very rough with him, it appears needlessly rough. Yet, I have always though that when a Police officer tells me something you do it right away.  They want me to roll down the winder, I roll it down. From the Cops point of view..I don't care the color of your skin, I do not pull someone over and let them roll up windows tinted that dark where I can't see inside. The second they roll up tinted windows and I don't know what they are doing, I'm getting nervous.

Tinted windows like that, he’s probably lucky they couldn’t see him pull out the phone. 

Id love to see the actual driving infractions and how quickly it all occurred because that’s a lot of bikes on him. 

36 minutes ago, shrader said:

Tinted windows like that, he’s probably lucky they couldn’t see him pull out the phone. 

Id love to see the actual driving infractions and how quickly it all occurred because that’s a lot of bikes on him. 

You are right about him pulling out the phone.  That is exactly what the officer don't want, to have someone 'out of sight' behind tinted windows...or for them to be hidden enough behind tinted windows where all they can see is movement of the person being pulled over reaching for something..or pulling out something. The tinted windows make it worse because they have no idea if its a phone, a gun, a knife..etc.  I do not blame the police at all for immediately demanding he roll down the window and being a bit upset when he doesn't do it.

I'm guessing so many showed up because there are so many around the stadium, probably that many even on that street. If a stop occurs, these days a lot show up.

I was in Lewiston for the Peach festival last weekend and a bunch of kids/guys were on motorcycles riding through town. A police suv decided to pull them over for a bunch of them running a stop sign.  He pulled in front of them, and I swear within 30 seconds 4 others showed up and boxed the entire group in to make sure no one drove away.

Especially when there is an event going on, there are usually a lot more officers in the area and they are very quick to respond.

Edited by mjd1001

You mean to tell me that Tyreek Hill AND the police both escalated the situation? Color me shocked. The cops seem like pretty big ***** to me, but to some that’s going to be their flavor. My default is to be highly suspect of both groups (police and domestic abusers) so hopefully they both feel great shame (they wont) and both take actions to make their next interaction more agreeable (neither will). As usual when police videos come out, this situation could have easily been avoided had anyone acted like a grownup human being. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

The guy is making a career out of 1-2 year deals. Definitely good for him, I'm glad to see him moderately successful.

One of the league's best backups. I wish the Bills could have gotten him back.

Dude's made $70MM+ in his career -- so a shade better than moderately successful, I think.

• Like (+1) 1