Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

24 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I gotta watch the replay. lol

You can see a little of it in the video posted, but it was one of those where after the catch, the corner and the safety - both 10 yards from the receiver - turn to each other, hands out in the WTF position, and say, "I thought you ..."  Worthy didn't do anything special, except maybe keep himself from laughing too hard to actually make the catch.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

I believe both teams had a plan going into the draft on what they were looking for in a wideout.  both got what they wanted.  It will be interesting to see how each teams PLAN works out.

Given that the Chiefs are working with what I think is the greatest offensive play caller-quarterback pairing in NFL history, I don't much want to have the Bills' WR plan compared to how things are going to work out for the Chiefs. I'm just hoping that Coleman can be a solid possession/red zone guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

well, he did score on that run from the 21 yard line, so ... .

yes he did, typical KC style, head in one direction and then another using the talents of your team.  He also had a pass thrown to him in the endzone and appeared to be out muscled for the ball.  Interference was called but he still does not have the size.

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Given that the Chiefs are working with what I think is the greatest offensive play caller-quarterback pairing in NFL history, I don't much want to have the Bills' WR plan compared to how things are going to work out for the Chiefs. I'm just hoping that Coleman can be a solid possession/red zone guy.

unfortunately those two players and teams will be tied to the hip when it comes to the media and even forum gossip.

IMHO, Worthy made a nice play on the TD run and an unremarkable play on the TD catch, and wasn't a factor otherwise.  I don't think we saw enough last night to know how good or how much of a factor he'll be this year. 

It's certainly human nature to pay attention to how good Worthy is, but the Bills have many, many bigger fish to fry.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

yes he did, typical KC style, head in one direction and then another using the talents of your team.  He also had a pass thrown to him in the endzone and appeared to be out muscled for the ball.  Interference was called but he still does not have the size.

i don’t believe the ravens defender was flagged for PI on that end zone breakup.

and agreed: worthy got bodied on that play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, carpandean said:

You can see a little of it in the video posted, but it was one of those where after the catch, the corner and the safety - both 10 yards from the receiver - turn to each other, hands out in the WTF position, and say, "I thought you ..."  Worthy didn't do anything special, except maybe keep himself from laughing too hard to actually make the catch.

Well he didn’t line up offside. So he at least has that going for him. 

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

So Xavier Worthy catches 2 TDs in his first game.  I'm looking at the ensuing debate and thinking:

Isn't this the place I often see the name "Steve Bernier" posted?

Wait, did Worthy have a Gordie Howe hattie too?

42 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I don't know why anyone here cares about how Worthy, specifically, performs. What about Ricky Pearsall, Xavier Legette, or Ladd McConkey? Are we going to see angst if one of them has a great first game?

You don't? Well it's b.c the Bills traded with KC to let them get Worthy. It follows the narrative of when they allowed KC to get Mahomes.

1 hour ago, Demoted said:

You don't? Well it's b.c the Bills traded with KC to let them get Worthy. It follows the narrative of when they allowed KC to get Mahomes.

Difference in the 2 situations being there was a very good chance KC still ends up with Worthy even if the Bills don't trade with them.  Bills still got the guy they wanted and took a midround pick out of KC's arsenal.

Had the Bills not traded with KC, Mahomes almost definitely ends up somewhere else.

Edited by Taro T
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Demoted said:

That's assuming they wouldn't have gotten him regardless. He wasn't who the Bills wanted, so they got to get their own guy plus extra. Any criticism here, revisiting this topic years down the line, should be on whether the Bills chose the wrong WR.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Who did the Bills take with the Kansas City extra pick?

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Bishop I believe 

Carter - the DL from Duke.

Another try hard high character no splash play soldier in McDermott’s d-line rotation.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Difference in the 2 situations being there was a very good chance KC still ends up with Worthy even if the Bills don't trade with them.  Bills still got the guy they wanted and took a midround pick out of KC's arsenal.

Had the Bills not traded with KC, Mahomes almost definitely ends up somewhere else.

Mahomes would have gone to Houston at 12 if the Chiefs didn’t jump up to grab him at 10. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Carter - the DL from Duke.

Another try hard high character no splash play soldier in McDermott’s d-line rotation.

DeWayne Carter and Travis Clayton.

I suppose those aren't very sexy like Worthy but could be useful

18 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Anyone see reed from GB yesterday, he looked like worthy out there.... Only better. 

Let's see what Coleman has, we have been dying for a tall, big bodied receiver for a decade

He might turn out well, and I hope he does. He struggled to get separation in college, and that will only become more difficult in the pros. He's also probably several years of development away from proving the quality of the pick one way or the other. He's a red zone target now, but other aspects of his game aren't likely to be instant impact the way Worthy's speed is in the KC offense.

His ceiling could be DHopkins, but right now you have to play him in the slot to get him in space, and that is where Kincaid plays, who needs to be on the field.

12 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I can’t wait for Coleman to have an unspectacular game 1 and be written off as a bust because Worthy had 2 tds and this organization doesn’t know what they are doing.😝

As many others are, I think people are getting all tied up about Worthy in week one and its not really justified.

The TD run looked nice, but he had a lot of room and a wall of blockers in front of him.  I'd bet the top 50% of the fastest receivers in the league would have scored on that play.

As a receiver, he was targeted 3 times for 2 catches and 47 yards.  He wasn't some unstoppable force out that the defense had no answer for.   Lets give it a few weeks, if he starts to put up 100 yard receiving game after 100 yard receiving game, then I'll take notice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1