Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

14 hours ago, Night Train said:

Wpw...cap space move. Player coming ? 

Field Yates

The Bills have restructured the contract of QB Josh Allen, converting much of his 2024 compensation into a signing bonus, creating $16.7M in 2024 cap space. Allen's updated 2024 cap charge is now $30.356M.

This restructure is from back in March. The Bills have about 10.6 million in space right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

I think this team is gonna be ***** this year.

These preseason games have not been fun to watch.  On the other hand, this team is 95% about how good Josh Allen is, and in 2 games we have seen him throw a total of 3 passes.

On 7/30/2024 at 5:25 AM, MISabresFan said:

Injuries in Training camp could cost you your job in the NFL.  Claypool better suck it up,  Maybe Kim should talk to him about life and shake him up a bit...

You're going to be waiting a long time to see that happen. Why do you think the Steelers ditched him? Defines prima donna. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, K-9 said:

Didn’t see Dorian Williams take one bad angle tonight. First time I can say that about him. It’s a start.

True.  But he did get juked out of his jock on one play.  Surprised he didn't sprain his ankle on the play.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

At a minimum, Andreesen should get p squad. Wonderful story, as McDermott acknowledged.

Practice squad for sure, if not active roster. 

Great thing is if they cut him I doubt anyone else signs him to their active roster, and no way is Buffalo Joe signing on anyone else's practice squad if he gets the offer from Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TheAud said:

Practice squad for sure, if not active roster. 

Great thing is if they cut him I doubt anyone else signs him to their active roster, and no way is Buffalo Joe signing on anyone else's practice squad if he gets the offer from Buffalo. 

Figure the Stillers are the 1 team that could possibly try to put him on their 53 man roster.  And that would be dependent upon how impressed they were at him in the joint practices w/ the Bills.

Would be pretty surprised if somebody else wanted to put an UDFA from the MAC on their 53 man roster over everyone else they'd already brought in.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Samuel week to week with turf toe.

A key WR with turf toe in August. No bueno.

This kinda stuff is sad. I dunno. I am probably full of crap, but you treat the human being like a machine, it's also going to break down.

Was Camp Marv a thing or am I misremembericating?

20 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That tape from the PIT game don’t lie.

22 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That tape from the PIT game don’t lie.

There's a long line of players that looked great in a single preseason game and were never heard from again.

The kid was starting for the very 1st time for the childhood team he dreamed of playing for someday.  Adrenaline MIGHT have been flowing that game. 😉  Expecting what caused him to go undrafted weighs heavier in the minds of other teams' personnel departments than a single preseason game does, especially one against a team that has "2 starting QB's".  (And the old adage still holds true unless you're the serious exception like the Niners with both Montana and Young: if you have 2 starters, you don't have even 1 starter.)

Again, IF he was also impressive in practice reps last week, could possibly see the Stillers decide to make a claim on him.  MAYBE the Jints due to their knowledge of how the Bills scout and what sort of players they go after but not really expecting that.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This kinda stuff is sad. I dunno. I am probably full of crap, but you treat the human being like a machine, it's also going to break down.

Was Camp Marv a thing or am I misremembericating?

I hear you. To be fair, though. the athletes treat *their own bodies* like machines.

Camp Marv was a thing. But when you go to 4 straight Super Bowls, your team earns a light touch in the summer.

Back to Samuel: When I watch WR’s train, I am always astonished that they don’t *all* break bones in their feet, develop turf toe, and/or develop plantar fasciitis. The stress and strain that they place on their feet are extraordinary — and wholly unnatural.

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

There's a long line of players that looked great in a single preseason game and were never heard from again.

The kid was starting for the very 1st time for the childhood team he dreamed of playing for someday.  Adrenaline MIGHT have been flowing that game. 😉  Expecting what caused him to go undrafted weighs heavier in the minds of other teams' personnel departments than a single preseason game does, especially one against a team that has "2 starting QB's".  (And the old adage still holds true unless you're the serious exception like the Niners with both Montana and Young: if you have 2 starters, you don't have even 1 starter.)

Again, IF he was also impressive in practice reps last week, could possibly see the Stillers decide to make a claim on him.  MAYBE the Jints due to their knowledge of how the Bills scout and what sort of players they go after but not really expecting that.

Joe A has a real shot due to 4 LB's being hurt.  Availability. 

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did Jerry Rice drop a pass in preseason? Good thing he wasn't cut.

Yeah, but Jerry rice either had the pedigree of being a first round pick ( I think he was taken in the middle of the first round but even then some had him rated as a top-10 prospect) to 'keep him around' for a while, until he had a track record or regular season success.

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Nah. I prefer to catch a vibe. Kid’s gonna be a poor man’s Kuechly and be in the parade down Delaware Avenue.

On 8/18/2024 at 11:38 AM, Taro T said:

True.  But he did get juked out of his jock on one play.  Surprised he didn't sprain his ankle on the play.

You’re just Little Bill Sunshine up in this thread, eh?

3 hours ago, Night Train said:

Joe A has a real shot due to 4 LB's being hurt.  Availability. 

He MIGHT make the Bills 53 man roster because as you say, they've already got injury issues at the position.

But, would be quite surprised if anyone other than the Stillers (reasonable chance they'd try to grab him depending on how well he looked in practice last week) or Jints (just because of their ties to the Bills) put him on their 53 man roster should the Bills try to PS him.

And the post was in response to people that were concerned somebody other than the Bills will put him on their 53 man roster.  So, whether he makes the Bills or not, wasn't really the point of the post.  It was set up on the basis of the Bills deciding to try to stash him on the PS.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I’m trying to catch a vibe with the Bills - for the fun of it.

More soberly, I think they will do well to make the playoffs — especially as these injuries continue to mount.

Personally, am expecting the Bills to make the playoffs.  Until they aren't, they are the 4 time defending AFCE Champs.  That counts for something IMHO.  (And the rest of the division is starting to make the AFCE look like the AFCW.  1 real team, 1 meh team, and a couple that people ask "how do we get the divisions realigned to have THEM in OUR division." 😉  )

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Yeah, but Jerry rice either had the pedigree of being a first round pick ( I think he was taken in the middle of the first round but even then some had him rated as a top-10 prospect) to 'keep him around' for a while, until he had a track record or regular season success.

My point was Jerry was from Mississippi Valley State U, not a football powerhouse. But you're right. He was a high draft pick.

As for Andreesen, sometimes your eyes are telling you something. You see a guy step on the field and play against the Steelers starters, make huge plays, all while he is also calling defensive signals, you have to admit that was a special performance. Now you can discount it because he was a camp tryout player, but if you saw the same performance from a 1st round pick, what would you be saying then? People get so caught up in pedigree they miss what's right in front of them.

• Like (+1) 2