Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Agreed, not about closing threads, but juvenile behavior like this should be played out between 2 people in private messages.  Maybe a 7 day ban from posting but allowing them to go at it in PM's would cool things down, and allow threads to stay open for the rest of us.

Grievances should be publicly aired for all to see, especially in the dead of summer. No bans either. As we all know, Jame is still not free. Down with the mods!
#FREEJAME

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Grievances should be publicly aired for all to see, especially in the dead of summer. No bans either. As we all know, Jame is still not free. Down with the mods!
#FREEJAME

How else will you be entertained until football?! Obviously we're providing a great service here.

Fortunately, some semblance of football starts in a couple hours.

6 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Agreed, not about closing threads, but juvenile behavior like this should be played out between 2 people in private messages.  Maybe a 7 day ban from posting but allowing them to go at it in PM's would cool things down, and allow threads to stay open for the rest of us.

I gave my opinion and got personally attacked, and he’s done it several times. We are supposed to share opinions and discuss. Not attack each other personally to be clear on my stance. It’s one person acting a juvenile. 

Edited by Gatorman0519

Well, today was a rough one.  Ouch.  

The RBs accounted for 36 yard on 19 carries.  I don't care if it was mostly 3rd string, they played against 3rd string too.  

Not worried, but the offense needs to get their game going in the next one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I gave my opinion and got personally attacked, and he’s done it several times. We are supposed to share opinions and discuss. Not attack each other personally to be clear on my stance. It’s one person acting a juvenile. 

Saying I'm attacking you for pointing out your behavior is rich.  This is the last I'll say in it, so feel free to have the final word if you want.

15 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Well, today was a rough one.  Ouch.  

The RBs accounted for 36 yard on 19 carries.  I don't care if it was mostly 3rd string, they played against 3rd string too.  

Not worried, but the offense needs to get their game going in the next one. 

There is some visceral, reactive way in which a lopsided score always feels unpleasant.

That said, our higher order thinking must prevail: Preseason NFL football means nothing, predicts nothing when it comes to a team’s success in the upcoming season.

As for the offense needing to get on track: Will Allen even play in the next preseason game?

2 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

There is a good reason why the pre-season does not count for anything.

The Bills will be fine.

13 wins and the division again.

They will be hosting the AFC Championship game and will win it.

They will win the SB.  Josh will be MVP.

Book it.

taraji p henson GIF by Empire FOX

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

There is a good reason why the pre-season does not count for anything.

In the 24/7 age of news, panic is an easy fallback and plays well. 

Concern is OL getting pushed around in that game. Vanilla run plays with zero deception.  Pass to open up the run may be the formula. 

14 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

13 wins and the division again.

They will be hosting the AFC Championship game and will win it.

They will win the SB.  Josh will be MVP.

Book it.

It's August. Why not have some fun? I like it.

(I mean - again - why not?! Just have fun.)

32 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Concern is OL getting pushed around in that game. Vanilla run plays with zero deception.  Pass to open up the run may be the formula. 

The OL being on their heels is a bit concerning. But that unit should be solid. I'm wondering if the absence of schemes and a true game plan put them in bad positions.

Milano was/is one of the few (arguably at times the only?) Bills player on D who can make the so-called splash plays. Maybe Bernard can fill that role? I recall hearing stats last year for him that were impressive. And maybe Von can squeeze out a few in the winter of his career?

Idk. Just a huge bummer.

11 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Dorian Williams and Bernard have been our starters at LB and still are. Milano was a 6 ft. 210 Safety in college. Playing LB has taken it's toll on his body. A shame but Bills can't count on him anymore. Safety is still a far larger concern. 

I think this is a fair point. Recruited into BC as a safety, for sure. Beane/McDermott saw the potential to have him play LB in McDermott's defense. That vision turned out to be 20/20 and the choice was a terrific success. But, alas. As you say, it may have been too much for that frame to bear. He was a special player.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Night Train said:

Dorian Williams and Bernard have been our starters at LB and still are. Milano was a 6 ft. 210 Safety in college. Playing LB has taken it's toll on his body. A shame but Bills can't count on him anymore. Safety is still a far larger concern. 

Nah those two injuries are not wear and tear injuries.

Honestly, I'm not expecting much from the Bills this year. Maybe that's a good thing. Our division isn't that tough right now, and that may still keep us a division champs and we do have JA17, which cannot be underestimated. 

I just feel that we have wasted this last 5 years with a subpar team building/coaching and this year appears to (on paper) have taken a huge step back. I'm not sure how much faith in Brady I have, and McDermott has his shortcomings as well. 

All we can do it watch and see, but I will say my expectations have been fairly tempered. 

20 hours ago, Night Train said:

Dorian Williams started two games last season and looked lost in both. And even with the LB injuries that decimated our defense vs KC in the playoffs, he could only be trusted to play six snaps in the game. A great athlete but is too often clueless on the field. He is easily fooled by play fakes and doesn’t understand angles. And if that long pass to Kmet last Saturday is any indication, he is still a major liability in pass defense and that is an essential requirement for LBs in McD’s defense. I hope he catches on quickly, otherwise he won’t be starting for long. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1