Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

28 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Going to be a tough year I think.  Secondary has little depth and a patch a raft back end, an at best average d-line and pass rush.  No superstar pass rusher or game wrecking DT. The signs are already alarming if you are honest.  JA doesn't have super stars at the skill position. Hopefully the committee approach works. Hard to see us winning more than 9-10 games with that schedule. 

Oh man are Kincaid, Cook, and Shakir gonna blow your mind this year. 

Further Allen has probably a top 10 line to work behind. 

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Going to be a tough year I think.  Secondary has little depth and a patch a raft back end, an at best average d-line and pass rush.  No superstar pass rusher or game wrecking DT. The signs are already alarming if you are honest.  JA doesn't have super stars at the skill position. Hopefully the committee approach works. Hard to see us winning more than 9-10 games with that schedule. 

You said we wouldn't make the playoffs last year. So, I guess I can bet on a Super Bowl appearance now.

D has to show something and S is already short. Glad they found a couple older Vets that have played a lot to fill in. Still..

O ? The winning streak of 6 was Cook, Kincaid and Shakir getting the ball over our departed WR's. They are still here. Coleman shouldn't be rushed but the red zone looks should go his way with his ability to win in contested situations. I like that they are working heavily in the red zone situations in camp. They need 1 more WR to step forward. Brady was a big improvement in the play calling. 

I'll just watch with seeing if the D can respond with a pass rush and improvement in stopping the run. I make no predictions with injuries always being key. Hyde and Poyer were hurt a lot near the end. Change was coming regardless and all teams share that issue. We'll see. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, #freejame said:

Until the Bills are eliminated from the playoff contention the Bills should be favored to make the playoffs. I said the same thing all of last season. 

They’re like the reverse-Sabres. Assume they’re in until they’re not. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/1/2024 at 7:11 PM, JujuFish said:

You said we wouldn't make the playoffs last year. So, I guess I can bet on a Super Bowl appearance now.

It took a super human effort to make it by Allen coupled with Miami collapsing. My forecast for most of the season was spot on that it would be a struggle. And it was. Now let’s add one of the toughest schedule with a lot of new players and journeymen filling key roles on defense. 

Edited by Gatorman0519

55 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

It took a super human effort to make it by Allen coupled with Miami collapsing. My forecast for most of the season was spot on that it would be a struggle. And it was. Now let’s add one of the toughest schedule with a lot of new players and journeymen filling key roles on defense. 

You were negative all last year. Doom and gloom from day one. You disappeared after wins and showed up to complain after losses. You literally patted yourself on the back multiple times about your prediction that they would miss the playoffs and only get 8-9 wins as the season was going on. You said Allen wasn't even a top 10 QB (and he ended up being one of only two players to get an MVP vote).

And how did the Bills do? #2 seed and lost by a missed field goal to the eventual champs.

On 8/5/2024 at 12:17 PM, JujuFish said:

You were negative all last year. Doom and gloom from day one. You disappeared after wins and showed up to complain after losses. You literally patted yourself on the back multiple times about your prediction that they would miss the playoffs and only get 8-9 wins as the season was going on. You said Allen wasn't even a top 10 QB (and he ended up being one of only two players to get an MVP vote).

And how did the Bills do? #2 seed and lost by a missed field goal to the eventual champs.

Dang, keeping receipts!

On 8/5/2024 at 12:17 PM, JujuFish said:

This is a completely false narrative you have hounded me about before. Quite strange. And the bizarre attempts to virtually gaslight me as a "gloom and doomer" is quite an overreaction.  I would rather be rational and objective in my assertions, which were mostly correct and prevented us, once again, from advancing past KC in the divisional round and winning a championship.  So in the bigger picture, it seems my concerns were correct last year. Over-emotional responses to rational opinions keep one from being objective and having respectful conversations on these things. The Bills are a very good team.  Josh Allen is clearly one of the best QB's in the league. But to completely ignore the holes in our roster vs last year, (add to that a kicker who is unreliable), a very difficult schedule, and the questions that hang over our team is not an objective way to appraise the team.  Every fan hopes we win a SB.   That is besides the point.  Rather, the things that have been holding us back are quite obvious and predictable.  And as good as we are, KC is a better organization and others are catching up.  That is reality. 

53 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

This is a completely false narrative you have hounded me about before. Quite strange. And the bizarre attempts to virtually gaslight me as a "gloom and doomer" is quite an overreaction.

2f405003242cde80f69b0464e54d213b0dde28f1

Lol - I just can't resist a gratuitous opportunity to post a .gif from my favourite sketch comedy show ever.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

This is a completely false narrative you have hounded me about before. Quite strange. And the bizarre attempts to virtually gaslight me as a "gloom and doomer" is quite an overreaction.  I would rather be rational and objective in my assertions, which were mostly correct and prevented us, once again, from advancing past KC in the divisional round and winning a championship.  So in the bigger picture, it seems my concerns were correct last year. Over-emotional responses to rational opinions keep one from being objective and having respectful conversations on these things. The Bills are a very good team.  Josh Allen is clearly one of the best QB's in the league. But to completely ignore the holes in our roster vs last year, (add to that a kicker who is unreliable), a very difficult schedule, and the questions that hang over our team is not an objective way to appraise the team.  Every fan hopes we win a SB.   That is besides the point.  Rather, the things that have been holding us back are quite obvious and predictable.  And as good as we are, KC is a better organization and others are catching up.  That is reality. 

Prove me wrong, using your posts from the last Bills thread.

I'll wait.

51 minutes ago, inkman said:

This thread should just be closed. Grow the ***** up already. 

Agreed, not about closing threads, but juvenile behavior like this should be played out between 2 people in private messages.  Maybe a 7 day ban from posting but allowing them to go at it in PM's would cool things down, and allow threads to stay open for the rest of us.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Disagree 1