Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

On 10/21/2024 at 2:02 PM, Flashsabre said:

Coleman is going to be just fine.

IMG_0616.jpeg

I know these stats help people feel better about the draft, but what Worthy does has little to do with how Coleman is playing or his contribution to the team.   

The comparison to Worthy is to grade Beane I guess.   In that case look at Ray Davies too, since I think he became the extra draft pick from all that shuffling at the end of round 1.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, calti said:

Those are Elbert Dubenion type of numbers.

PS--Elbert started playing for the Bills in 1960....when he was 27!  I cant find if/where he played pro ball before this.

"Golden Wheels" did not play pro ball until the Bills drafted him from the Bluffton Beaver's in 59-60.  He was excellent in his time.  

The AFL was an amazing league.  They were on par with the NFL by the mid 60's and better by the time the leagues merged in 1970.  

They did it in part by breaking down racial barriers and providing equal opportunities for black players, especially small school players.  Look at the number of African American players by percentage in the AFL versus the NFL.   The new league provided opportunities to whoever was best.  The combined AFL/NFL then soared in popularity in the 70's and 80's because of it.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

"Golden Wheels" did not play pro ball until the Bills drafted him from the Bluffton Beaver's in 59-60.  He was excellent in his time.  

The AFL was an amazing league.  They were on par with the NFL by the mid 60's and better by the time the leagues merged in 1970.  

They did it in part by breaking down racial barriers and providing equal opportunities for black players, especially small school players.  Look at the number of African American players by percentage in the AFL versus the NFL.   The new league provided opportunities to whoever was best.  The combined AFL/NFL then soared in popularity in the 70's and 80's because of it.  

Sid Gilman approves this message.

image.jpeg.233fdb2349ffb9c66393ea5f8d90770d.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Also,

Mahomes: 67.9%, 1389yrds, 6tds, 8int

Allen: 63%, 1483yrds, 12tds, 0int

That's just passing. 

The last QB to start 6-0 with more picks than TDs won the Super Bowl (2015 Manning).

1 hour ago, Demoted said:

I think the Bills will give them their first loss.

If it happens in the playoffs, I might actually cry.

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Thx great info.     We had 50 yd line seasons tickets  from 1960- 1974.  Had a lot of fun. Could actually follow the games pretty well in 1964 at age 6

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The game today is so fundamentally different then it was during Marinos time. Comparing them would be a mistake, it's like when people say Gretzky would get 150pts today, he wouldn't and it is okay. 

I was talking great arms(and all that entails)...not the game as a whole