Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

I mean. Rodgers can still sling it. The arm talent is there. So he'll do some sh1t -- especially if you inexplicably rush 2 players on the first half's final play (thanks, Sean!).

But he's throwing picks. A lot of them. He can't move very well. And he's still trying to run the offense that made him an MVP 10 years ago, when times have changed and offenses have had to evolve.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

He threw for 294 yards and 2 TD's against us and we needed a 4th quarter FG to beat him. Not sure what game you were watching but he had plenty of arm strength when we played him. He also has another weapon now.  Bills are a better team, but Aaron Rodger is still a top 10 QB in the NFL. 

They nearly beat us 1 week ago. Do you watch these games? He was basically a 300 yard passer against us and he didn't even have Adams yet. 

He got lucky on a hail mary. They lost 1 week ago, their is no nearly. It went into the books as a loss. Not hard to understand, keep up the Jets love as they lose more games it's comedic gold.

0*ZjYSm_q36J4KChdn

Edited by Demoted

1 hour ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

He threw for 294 yards and 2 TD's against us and we needed a 4th quarter FG to beat him. Not sure what game you were watching but he had plenty of arm strength when we played him. He also has another weapon now.  Bills are a better team, but Aaron Rodger is still a top 10 QB in the NFL

They nearly beat us 1 week ago. Do you watch these games? He was basically a 300 yard passer against us and he didn't even have Adams yet. 

Rodgers has literally not been a 300-yard passer since 1/2/2022 against a Vikings team busy quitting on Mike Zimmer (and the quitting went both ways).

Since that 300-yard game, Rodgers' W-L record 11-16 (I'm even including credit for a win in which he played 4 plays). I'm not a fan of the QB W-L as a stat, but it does show that there was plenty of opportunity to throw the ball.

Rodgers in nowhere close to the top 10 in the NFL. Your game plan against the Jets is to stop the run and make Aaron Rodgers beat you. He can't do it anymore. His two best TD passes this season are an offsides free play and a Hail Mary where the opposition rushed 2 instead of sending 5. The Bills send five and Rodgers turtles to end the half. He's a shell living on his reputation and the weather hasn't even gotten cold yet this season.

Time wins against all football players.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Rodgers has literally not been a 300-yard passer since 1/2/2022 against a Vikings team busy quitting on Mike Zimmer (and the quitting went both ways).

Yes, let's lets get all caught up in 6 yards. He threw for 294 against us and had 2TD's. Only CJ Stroud has thrown for more yards against us this year.  

BTW, he did not play in 2023. So your little 1/2/2022 nonsense is incredibly irrelevant.

47 minutes ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

Stick to hockey.  You obviously know very little about football.  If he has our O-Line he would be a top 3-5 QB. Best thrower of a football in the NFL right now.

Smoke Weed GIF

step away from the bong. 
Allen, Mahomes and Jackson  are top three and no one is close to them.

Stafford, Burrow and Herbert are better and top 10.

Daniel’s, Love, Stroud and Murray are young up and coming, already better.  

Carr, Hurt and Goff are probably playing better and I would take them over A-A-Ron. 

15 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Smoke Weed GIF

step away from the bong. 
Allen, Mahomes and Jackson  are top three and no one is close to them.

Stafford, Burrow and Herbert are better and top 10.

Daniel’s, Love, Stroud and Murray are young up and coming, already better.  

Carr, Hurt and Goff are probably playing better and I would take them over A-A-Ron. 

Rodgers is better than almost all of them if he has their offensive lines.  BTW, If you think Carr, Hurts, and Murray are better than Rodgers you are nuts.

This won't matter anyway. We will see Rodgers again in December and Roders and the Jets likely will be the darlings of the league on a 7 of 8 winning streak before we crush their dreams. I still wouldn't count them out of making the playoffs because their schedule is very favorable if they win their home games.

Edited by Idemo Buffalo
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

Rodgers is better than almost all of them if he has their offensive lines.  BTW, If you think Carr, Hurts, and Murray are better than Rodgers you are nuts.

This won't matter anyway. We will see Rodgers again in December and Roders and the Jets likely will be the darlings of the league on a 7 of 8 winning streak before we crush their dreams. I still wouldn't count them out of making the playoffs because their schedule is very favorable if they win their home games.

Aside from A A Ron debate, the Jets biggest problems are 1) their defense is no longer elite, and 2) their offensive line is not good.  

Arm talent aside, ripping off 7 of 8 with the head case of a QB is hard to imagine.  

HOWEVER, astonishingly a team that started 2-5 has made the playoffs each of the last four years. 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

Stick to hockey.  You obviously know very little about football.  If he has our O-Line he would be a top 3-5 QB. Best thrower of a football in the NFL right now.

FTFY.

Just make your point. No need to tell someone else what they do or do not know. It's obnoxious.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SwampD said:

FTFY.

Just make your point. No need to tell someone else what they do or do not know. It's obnoxious.

Fair point. I am not a Rodgers fan, and don't agree with some of his views, but the attacks on him are clearly personal.  He just threw for nearly 300 yards against us and had 2 TD's and he did it with a terrible receiving corp. That was one of the best performances by any QB against us this year.  If you don't see that, you are not being objective or you don't know football.

I think people should be very careful about attacking him too, considering he is fully capable of coming up to Western NY in December and beating us and costing us a #1 seed, which is crucial this year. We don't want to have to face Baltimore and KC. We want them to face each other in the 2nd round. 

Edited by Idemo Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, calti said:

Those are Elbert Dubenion type of numbers.

PS--Elbert started playing for the Bills in 1960....when he was 27!  I cant find if/where he played pro ball before this.

I remember him.

He averaged 17.9 yards per catch over his whole career.

Edited by Doohicksie

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

This has echoes of some former Sabrespacer. Which account was it?

An easy block then. An easy block now.

Was it Mr. Allen?

I swear that exact phrasing was used — “stick to hockey because you obviously don’t know football.”

I had a better retort then, tbh: “Motherfu**ker, I don’t know sh1t about shinola. I’m just here popping off takes.”

3 hours ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

I wouldn’t count Rodgers out given his mastery of the mental aspects of the position; he’s seen everything there is to see from a defense and he can still move DBs with eyes as well as anyone. But I simply can’t agree he is a top five thrower of the ball anymore. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I wouldn’t count Rodgers out given his mastery of the mental aspects of the position; he’s seen everything there is to see from a defense and he can still move DBs with eyes as well as anyone. But I simply can’t agree he is a top five thrower of the ball anymore. 

I think AR  has one of the better arms(incl quick release,ability to throw screens etc) in the league.  I think he is a guy who is stuck with an average team. AND he doesnt have the raw athleticism at this point  to win games on his own . With right team he is capable of a strong playoff push. 

I really dont think there are a lot of great passers in the league right now.  I dont see any Marino's  or Dan Fouts's .   After Mahomes    I see a string of very good not great QBs

I do see amazing running  QBs though

4 hours ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

5 hours ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

Yes, let's lets get all caught up in 6 yards. He threw for 294 against us and had 2TD's. Only CJ Stroud has thrown for more yards against us this year.  

BTW, he did not play in 2023. So your little 1/2/2022 nonsense is incredibly irrelevant.

both of these are obnoxious.  Do not communicate like this here.

7 hours ago, calti said:

I think AR  has one of the better arms(incl quick release,ability to throw screens etc) in the league.  I think he is a guy who is stuck with an average team. AND he doesnt have the raw athleticism at this point  to win games on his own . With right team he is capable of a strong playoff push. 

I really dont think there are a lot of great passers in the league right now.  I dont see any Marino's  or Dan Fouts's .   After Mahomes    I see a string of very good not great QBs

I do see amazing running  QBs though

The game today is so fundamentally different then it was during Marinos time. Comparing them would be a mistake, it's like when people say Gretzky would get 150pts today, he wouldn't and it is okay. 

• Agree 1