Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

42 minutes ago, Doohicksie said:

Just got back from watching the game at Buffalo Bros, our Bills backers bar.  The family of Bills backup quarterback (who's on IR right now) Shane Buechele was there celebrating a birthday.  One of the people there for the party was Steve Buechele, Shane's dad, former Texas Rangers third baseman, and now an on-air analyst for the team.  The parents of one of the in-laws who married into the family are from Buffalo as well; the mom and I were at Maryvale at the same time (didn't know her, she was a senior when I was a freshman), and she grew up a mile from me. 

Steve Buechele, Shane's dad:

image28176.thumb.jpg.b14d22e0e7125fe0552bd9dc3c0218c9.jpg  image28178.thumb.jpg.c923829b02d182aec66bf993dc6a73e6.jpg

as you know, I'm a Rangers fan. Steve was a great fielder first, batting lower in the lineup but was a good player for them for several years. Know he's a special assr. to GM Chris Young. Broadcast the games for years. Always employed by team. Hit 127 HR's and drove in a lot of runs. Would like to have met him. Saw him play in Toronto and Baltimore in road games. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Night Train said:

as you know, I'm a Rangers fan. Steve was a great fielder first, batting lower in the lineup but was a good player for them for several years. Know he's a special assr. to GM Chris Young. Broadcast the games for years. Always employed by team. Hit 127 HR's and drove in a lot of runs. Would like to have met him. Saw him play in Toronto and Baltimore in road games. 

Just a great, normal family man from what I could tell.  Interestingly he seemed more interested in the Bills game than most of the rest of the people there for the party.

It is a thing of beauty--Rodgers with the natural throwing ability and quick release.  They got some help we got some help.

12 hours ago, shrader said:

Has the defense put up any of those points? I don’t remember any. 

Yes the numbers are there.  But mostly from poor opponents.

No turnovers and +10 differential on the season which is the best in the NFL by 3.  The Bills PPG ranks 5th but offensively the YPG is middle of the pack.  

The play of Coleman was encouraging.  I liked them going to him late in the game.  Maybe momentum carries into next week when the opposition toughens up a bit. 

Curious decision to take the opening kick.  But I guess McD gonna McD.  Looking forward to seeing what Cooper can do with a full week of practice.  

28 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

No turnovers and +10 differential on the season which is the best in the NFL by 3.  The Bills PPG ranks 5th but offensively the YPG is middle of the pack.  

The play of Coleman was encouraging.  I liked them going to him late in the game.  Maybe momentum carries into next week when the opposition toughens up a bit. 

Curious decision to take the opening kick.  But I guess McD gonna McD.  Looking forward to seeing what Cooper can do with a full week of practice.  

He was talking about the weather and they were expecting the wind to pick up in the second half so they wanted to have the ball first.

• Thanks (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

They took the ball first because of the wind 

12 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

McD said he took the opening kick to get the wind when they wanted it, which is 1st and 4th Q's.   

The plan was to score first with the wind,  because they thought the weather could get more severe, which it never did. 

I have no problem with that logic, even if the offense did not execute as planned.  

The Sunday Night Football coverage just gushed over the Jets for the entire first half, especially Collingsworth.   It was nauseating.   

The Jets get a lot of publicity for being such a poorly run organization.  

Rogers is finished, and they will hate the Devante Adams contract soon enough.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

The Sunday Night Football coverage just gushed over the Jets for the entire first half, especially Collingsworth.   It was nauseating.   

Be careful. Don't be surprised if the Jets win 7 of their next 8 and come to Buffalo red hot. Their schedule is pretty easy over their next 8 games and their difficult games are all at home.  They won't beat us for the AFC East Title, but don't be surprised if they are in playoff contention when they show up here on December 29.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

Be careful. Don't be surprised if the Jets win 7 of their next 8 and come to Buffalo red hot. Their schedule is pretty easy over their next 8 games and their difficult games are all at home.  They won't beat us for the AFC East Title, but don't be surprised if they are in playoff contention when they show up here on December 29.

Who and/or what are you not high on? 

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Everything Collinsworth says is nauseating. His mere presence is enough to cause gastric distress.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Idemo Buffalo said:

That is great 👍 

Aaron Rodgers doesn't even have the arm strength anymore. Some of those bad passes were just duds b.c his velocity is shot.

22 minutes ago, Demoted said:

That is great 👍 

Aaron Rodgers doesn't even have the arm strength anymore. Some of those bad passes were just duds b.c his velocity is shot.

He threw for 294 yards and 2 TD's against us and we needed a 4th quarter FG to beat him. Not sure what game you were watching but he had plenty of arm strength when we played him. He also has another weapon now.  Bills are a better team, but Aaron Rodger is still a top 10 QB in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Who and/or what are you not high on? 

They nearly beat us 1 week ago. Do you watch these games? He was basically a 300 yard passer against us and he didn't even have Adams yet. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1