Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Wadr, game wasn't lost on those 1st 3 series.  Game was lost on the bizarre trick play that nearly got Allen killed.

Bills scored on their 1st drive of the 1/2; Jackson was on the ropes with 2 horrible drives to start the 2nd half following his fumble near the end of the 1st half; and the Bills were driving again.  Just keep doing what you're doing at that point.  Expecting that was a learning moment for Brady and expect he learned what he needed to from that.

That got the Ravens fired back up and the game was all but over after they scored to go up by 18 on that followup drive late in the 3rd.

Allen is very good late in games; Jackson, not so much.  The Bills should've just kept doing what they were doing and let the 2nd half snowball in their favor as much as the 1st half did for Baltimore.

Totally agree. That play,... so dumb.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

And not having a single starter up the middle of your defense for most of the game going up against Henry. Good luck with that. 

Henry is a monster. He eats up starters. Our AHL defense stood no chance.

I'm thinking that the Ravens might actually be a really good team.

• Thanks (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Totally agree. That play,... so dumb.

Henry is a monster. He eats up starters. Our AHL defense stood no chance.

I'm thinking that the Ravens might actually be a really good team.

As a casual fan I can’t hep but wonder if the Bills spent so much energy trying to build a team to beat KC that they built a team ill prepared for Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

As a casual fan I can’t hep but wonder if the Bills spent so much energy trying to build a team to beat KC that they built a team ill prepared for Baltimore.

I know that all goes into the 'roster building', but to be the best team, you have to worry a bit less about who you build a team for, and just make the best overall roster so everyone else has to worry about how they beat YOU. Of course, with this being a 'cap-reset' year, this probably wasn't the year for that.

37 minutes ago, Weave said:

Remember when Lovie Smith became coach of the Bears and said the team’s primary goal was to beat the Packers? 

18 hours ago, Weave said:

McDermott has done well slowing the Ravens offense the past few times. With the starters missing and the drain of talent on the back end, we simply did not have the dawgs to win that fight. I kinda figured our offense would have to score in the 30’s to win this game. 

5 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

McDermott has done well slowing the Ravens offense the past few times. With the starters missing and the drain of talent on the back end, we simply did not have the dawgs to win that fight. I kinda figured our offense would have to score in the 30’s to win this game. 

And there is the truth in your statement.

What annoyed me is that we do have the offensive ability to hang 40+ on any team. But Brady's play calling combined with McD's game decisions cannot be off at all. That trick play was terrible, and the decisions on 4th and short were baffling. Go for it here, but not here?

This was a very winnable game, mistakes were made on the field, but the coaching decisions I felt killed this for us.

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Von Miller suspended 4 games by the NFL for violating the personal conduct policy

Not to make light of what he did, but he gets 4 games rest.

When he comes back he's 'fresh' again and only has 10 more games of wear on him before possible playoffs (or 10 more games to potential get hurt, not 17)

His contract this year is HEAVY on bonuses based on his sack totals for the season. Those 4 games are possibly going to cost him a lot of money.

Edited by mjd1001

14 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

His contract this year is HEAVY on bonuses based on his sack totals for the season. Those 4 games are possibly going to cost him a lot of money.

Apparently, Miller hedged against this very thing and saved himself ~$3.5MM when he renegotiated his deal with the Bills this past offseason.

So, those 4 games may cost him in achieving some bonuses at certain levels -- but he's taken the sting out of that by restructuring his deal so that it has so little base salary.

• Agree 1

Welp...

Bernard and Milano still out with injuries....Bernard maybe getting close to returning?

Vonn Miller suspended

This week they just ruled out:

-Shakir

-Ed Oliver

-Taylor Rapp

-Austin Johnson

Dion Dawkins and Taron Johnson look to play but may not be 100%

The injury thing starting again...really takes the fun out of a season.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

RIP Billy Shaw.  Died at 85.  

Was a two way starter at both DT and OT at Georgia Tech and drafted in the 2nd round.  

Possibly the best OL the Bills have ever had.  Lots of All Star and All Pro honors, he was selected to the All Time First Team AFL Team.  Led the Bills to two AFL Championships (1964 and 1965).  Very strong, fast and athletic.  

Bills Wall of Fame.   Pro Football Hall of Fame.  

He was a great player and an ambassador for Bills Football in later years.  

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

RIP Billy Shaw.  Died at 85.  

Was a two way starter at both DT and OT at Georgia Tech and drafted in the 2nd round.  

Possibly the best OL the Bills have ever had.  Lots of All Star and All Pro honors, he was selected to the All Time First Team AFL Team.  Led the Bills to two AFL Championships (1964 and 1965).  Very strong, fast and athletic.  

Bills Wall of Fame.   Pro Football Hall of Fame.  

He was a great player and an ambassador for Bills Football in later years.  

😪

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

This is starting to feel like a classic 0-3 Buffalo sports weekend of glory.  

At least the bills are completely ravaged by injuries, and this was technically a "reset year" plus they've been competitive for several years now. 

The sabres.... I mean, oooph. I got nothing. 

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

This is starting to feel like a classic 0-3 Buffalo sports weekend of glory.  

6 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

At least the bills are completely ravaged by injuries, and this was technically a "reset year" plus they've been competitive for several years now. 

The sabres.... I mean, oooph. I got nothing. 

The Bills will rise up and win.   They are missing a lot of players due to injuries but I feel a weird game coming, one that goes our way tomorrow.