Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And look at the narcissicism on display by some of the players. You get all the attention. You get all the everything. Give the drunks their moment.

One more reason I appreciate hockey players. That scene wouldn't play out in an NHL arena.

I chuckled. It's a fair observation (or at least not unfair), and funny.

Individualized goal songs? Jumbotron tributes to a returning hockey player? The administration, progress of NFL games and NHL games are very different, to be sure. I don't think there's a comparable moment in an NHL game when compared with that one lengthy media timeout that occurs in the NFL near the start of the 4th quarter -- typically with the teams standing on the field waiting for the game to resume.

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And look at the narcissicism on display by some of the players. You get all the attention. You get all the everything. Give the drunks their moment.

One more reason I appreciate hockey players. That scene wouldn't play out in an NHL arena.

Yes, this would never happen at an ice rink!

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And look at the narcissicism on display by some of the players. You get all the attention. You get all the everything.

I will reject the narcissism take. A more natural, and kinder view is that they players were being one with their fans. As for the singers in the stands (plenty of sober ones), everyone around me was delighted to see the players vibing and apparently singing along.

Just now, #freejame said:

Yes, this would never happen at an ice rink!

But no players vibing?

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

I will reject the narcissism take. A more natural, and kinder view is that they players were being one with their fans. As for the singers in the stands (plenty of sober ones), everyone around me was delighted to see the players vibing and apparently singing along.

But no players vibing?

Geez, my reading comprehension has gone to *****. 

My own take is that at the end of the day the most of the players are young men who want to be/are having fun. We’ve lost a lot of that in sports. Less so in hockey, but still apparent. 

1 hour ago, ... said:

Formulaic. Many people are aesthetic conformists, especially those who attend sporting events. None of this is surprising. Football has replaced church and these people were singing a hymn in honor of the god of consumerism.

This reminds me of how some hockey schools would hand out sheets with all their chants. It’s like they had the whole game scripted out ahead of time. I wanted spontaneous nonsense, like chanting “safety school” towards Harvard or “overrated” directed at the worst team in the country. 

18 minutes ago, shrader said:

This reminds me of how some hockey schools would hand out sheets with all their chants. It’s like they had the whole game scripted out ahead of time. I wanted spontaneous nonsense, like chanting “safety school” towards Harvard or “overrated” directed at the worst team in the country. 

Cornell? Sounds very Cornell, anyway.

This is very funny.

A personal favourite: "IT SUCKS TO BU! IT SUCKS TO BU!"

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Cornell? Sounds very Cornell, anyway.

This is very funny.

A personal favourite: "IT SUCKS TO BU! IT SUCKS TO BU!"

You know, I think it was Cornell where I saw it. I know a few others did it too. “Here is a list of exactly how you are required to act during this game.” It turns everyone into robots. 

Now that’s not to say that the Bills experience is a bunch of robots. I haven’t been there in ages but massive quantities of alcohol don’t typically work well with robots. Well, except this guy:

bender GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

18 hours ago, SwampD said:

Trainspotting was a great movie.

EDIT: … Is a great movie.

My favorite movie, though A Clockwork Orange is right up there too.

7 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Agreed. Edit: Agree. However, I'm thinking you might be thinking Underworld's Born Slippy.

My favorite group.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

My favorite movie, though A Clockwork Orange is right up there too.

My favorite group.

Love a clockwork orange and Trainspotting. 

However I think it took me 3 or 4 viewings to know what the F they were saying in Trainspotting with that Glasgow Broge 😂

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

That was a fumble by Roger's. Can't believe we're still dealing with the no challenges left situation in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

I don’t think Rodger’s is cooked. I just don’t think he can lead that group of Jets anywhere special this season.

A great example of how much I hate autocorrect. 

• Like (+1) 1