Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

Like most thoughtful fans of pro sports, I hate tired clichés. 

However, the old saw of "the NFL is a week to week league" is frickin' true.

So the fact that the Patriots edged the Bengals, took the Seahawks to OT, and then got trounced by the Jets means ... well, it means that the Pats are 1-2. All that means little when it comes to Week 4.

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I’d thought their defense was still good, though. Maybe just an off-week for them?

The NE defense looked terrible last night.  Gave the receivers too much cushion and Rogers took advantage.  They just looked marshmallow soft.

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

The NE defense looked terrible last night.  Gave the receivers too much cushion and Rogers took advantage.  They just looked marshmallow soft.

Doesn't help that NE* were without key starters on defense, including perhaps their best player, Barmore.

• Thanks (+1) 1

It is just such a delight watching Josh Allen.  He reminds me of Barry Sanders in that there is always a possibility that he might do something that should only happen in a video game.

6 minutes ago, Demoted said:

Josh Allen's response to being called overrated is perfect.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Eli Cash said:

It is just such a delight watching Josh Allen.  He reminds me of Barry Sanders in that there is always a possibility that he might do something that should only happen in a video game.

Amen, amen.

We’re STHers because of 17. We feel fortunate to be in the stadium to see the stuff he does. 

But what about the Super Bowl blah blah blah?

I don’t get bogged down in that. It’s a losing proposition. Josh Allen is fun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I don’t get bogged down in that. It’s a losing proposition. Josh Allen is fun.

Amen.

It's like Bruce Smith, or Perreault or Hasek: it's a rare privilege to have a guy that good on your team. Enjoy it while you can.

I my view, Josh is 2nd-greatest Buffalo athlete ever, after Dom.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Amen.

It's like Bruce Smith, or Perreault or Hasek: it's a rare privilege to have a guy that good on your team. Enjoy it while you can.

Speaking of Perreault and greatest athlete discussions, in the early-mid 70's, Buffalo fans could watch in person arguably the best player in 3 different sports - Perreault, Simpson, and McAdoo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Amen.

This is hard to argue against.

But, man. Perreault’s galloping athleticism is giving me some pause.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

Am I the only one who think the NFL hats this year look like they were designed by some guy at a local marina?

Al Czervik’s hat was better.

image.thumb.jpeg.30483a7c6e236d376393bc21badfca9d.jpeg

I read somewhere that even the manufacturer was surprised that the “rope” hat has become so in demand among both golfers and the NFL.

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

Am I the only one who think the NFL hats this year look like they were designed by some guy at a local marina?

Al Czervik’s hat was better.

lol. i liked the year where all nfl caps had insanely small logos on them -- the 49ers especially -- you needed some sort of scoping device (micro? tele?) to make out what was on shanahan's cap.

10 hours ago, tom webster said:

I read somewhere that even the manufacturer was surprised that the “rope” hat has become so in demand among both golfers and the NFL.

I cannot comprehend how that stupid rope element could possibly be in fashion.  

LET'S  F'N  GO!!!  K SOME A TONIGHT!

Edited by Indabuff