Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

20 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

What was going on with that field last night? Guys from both teams were falling all over the place. Was there a huge storm there?

There was some commentary on the radio broadcast that the field hadn't recovered from the Dolphins - Jags game on Sunday.. 4 days in between the field was kind of beat up.  Could be it.

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

Remember 2 years back when DB Jalen Ramsey called Josh Allen " Trash " ?  Since then, Allen is 5-0 against him. 

I think what's really great is that Allen is purposefully burning him, there were plays ever since that day where he just used him like a rag doll, a pump fake that threw him out of his jock. 

I really don't understand the hate Josh gets Nationally, even when Brady and Manning were around, other fan bases never talked the same smack/disrespect I hear about JA. 

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I think what's really great is that Allen is purposefully burning him, there were plays ever since that day where he just used him like a rag doll, a pump fake that threw him out of his jock. 

I really don't understand the hate Josh gets Nationally, even when Brady and Manning were around, other fan bases never talked the same smack/disrespect I hear about JA. 

The only people that still talk trash about Josh are people that are never named (executive) so they don't matter, fans of our division teams, and KC fans.

Nowhere else nationally is he being trashed.

Here's a great story about Christian Benford, who evidently grew up in the environment depicted in the all-time great HBO show "The Wire":  https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5699837/2024/09/19/christian-benford-bills-face-tattoo/

His family lived in Bruce Manor apartments, a three-minute bike ride from a complex that became known by its tenants as Murder Mall around the time Benford was 10. Carlton C. Douglass Funeral Services, about 800 feet away from Bruce Manor, was used as the business front for Avon Barksdale’s drug gang on HBO’s “The Wire.”

“That was real life,” Douglass said. “The names of the dealers they used were real people. Some of them I knew. I served families of drug dealers who were killed.

Benford saw dead bodies on the sidewalk, a few of them boys he ran around with or older kids he emulated. Some days, the basketball court across the street was unavailable because cops were marking spent shell casings or identifying another corpse. Asked recently about those days, he quickly counted up double-digit funerals — many closed-casket — before he stopped trying. People he knows in prison would require another long tally.

Six people, occasionally more, filled his family’s tiny, two-bedroom unit. Four kids would scrounge for loose change between the couch cushions, hoping for enough to buy one bag of chips from the vending machine for dinner.

“People I grew up with died this year and the next year and the next and the next and the next,” Benford said. “Family, people I was close with.

“I had moments where, I’ll be honest, I wasn’t too fond of football because I learned there were other ways to make money. That’s all I’m going to say on that,” Benford said. “But football became my mission.”

In the March 6 season opener at Stony Brook, Benford snagged an interception and returned a desperation onside kick 30 yards the other way to ice the victory.

Perry had been in the hospital, but shortly before kickoff, she had told Benford there was nothing to worry about. She assured him she was feeling better and would be home soon. After the game, Benford’s little brother called.

“I was in a good mood,” Benford said. “So I was messing around with him, whoopty-whoop. In the background I heard that certain cry where you know what it is.”

His mother died during the game. She was 57. Benford has never revealed why she was hospitalized or how she died.

“It broke me,” he said. “That was my spinal cord, my angel, my everything.”

Broken as he was, Benford refused to let it affect his obligations to his Villanova teammates. He insisted on playing seven days later in the home opener against Rhode Island, returning to campus with the heart tattoo on his right cheek.

“Half of my heart is broken; it’s gone,” Benford said. “When I was younger, tattoos was my healing. I’m not a talker. I’m not big on expressing anything to anybody. So I would get a tat and you can read that.”

• Thanks (+1) 2

Read that article this morning. It was fantastic. Articles like that are the biggest reason I keep my subscription. There are hundreds of places to see the X's and O's dissected but to learn about these guys and their backgrounds is eye-opening. I just have mad respect for guys like Benford who can lift themselves out of sometimes unimaginable circumstances and not only survive - but succeed. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Demoted said:

Ed Oliver absolutely destroying O-Lines, breakdown vs the Dolphins with Chris Long.

It was a good breakdown but honestly, these guys who do these videos are so choppy with the replays- start-stop-reset-start-stop-startstop-start-etc., it's just hard to watch.  Showing the whole play every slightly slowed down at the start of the analysis would be wonderful.

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

His arm talent is still ridiculous. And he still sees and processes the game like a HOF’er. Opposing teams just have to figure out a way to get him off his spot.

Yup. Rogers will have trouble moving the pocket and extending plays. We saw some of that with Brady at the end too. NE is just a bad team so didn't effect him enough. 

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

His arm talent is still ridiculous. And he still sees and processes the game like a HOF’er. Opposing teams just have to figure out a way to get him off his spot.

Yea the season is long and I doubt his body will hold up the whole time with how bad the O-Line is for the Jets. They lost their best O-line player last night,  don't know for how long.

Edited by Demoted

57 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yup. Rogers will have trouble moving the pocket and extending plays. We saw some of that with Brady at the end too. NE is just a bad team so didn't effect him enough. 

I’d thought their defense was still good, though. Maybe just an off-week for them?