Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

On 8/31/2024 at 10:43 AM, Porous Five Hole said:

Yes it did surprise me. Babich was linebackers coach a year ago. This is his first prominent role.  So I figured he was going to learn on the job while McD continued to call plays.  Like I said, McClappy was in a groove down the stretch last year. 

It’s worth noting that before he was the LBs coach, he worked extensively with the secondary with a strong focus on the safety position. All the DBs have spoken highly of him, especially Hyde and Poyer, who attribute much of their success to Babich. He learned at the feet of his dad, a long time defensive coach with in the league, and has a solid understanding of the game. It’s his time and I’m not surprised McD gave him the reins. 

5 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

The new Stadium is great and all, but give it 10 or so years, and once Pegula is gone (maybe before), I find it hard to see how the team will stay in Buffalo long term when there are so many other cities that can generate 4x, 5 times, or more revenue than here.   Unless the Bills find a way to tap into that Toronto/southern Ontario market/money a lot better than they did last time...

If only they could have put the stadium somewhere that was more convenient to people coming over the border. Heck, find the right place and you could have run a ferry so people didn't have to drive. If only that place existed. Sigh.

I'm supposed to care Worthy had 2 catches for 47 yards and one was blown coverage? 

Josh Allen has walked off the field in 2 of 3 playoff games to the Chiefs with the lead. You don't know ball if you think Mahomes outplayed him versus Reid out coaching McDermott. Oh and the game he didn't, his crappy kicker missed a 41yrd fg which is basically automatic at the NFL level. But yes, let me care about Mahomes going to kc and 2 catches Worthy.

Vine Ok GIF

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm supposed to care Worthy had 2 catches for 47 yards and one was blown coverage? 

Josh Allen has walked off the field in 2 of 3 playoff games to the Chiefs with the lead. You don't know ball if you think Mahomes outplayed him versus Reid out coaching McDermott. Oh and the game he didn't, his crappy kicker missed a 41yrd fg which is basically automatic at the NFL level. But yes, let me care about Mahomes going to kc and 2 catches Worthy.

Vine Ok GIF

It's going to be Worthy vs Coleman all season. Right now Worthy is looking amazing. Worthy scored 2 TDs, would you be saying this if he scored 2 TDs for the Bills? 

It says more that you needed to write all of this out to pretend like you weren't impressed. This should be a fun season if 1 game has people doing this stuff already.

Edited by Demoted
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

LOL Buffalo fans will find anything to make themselves feel like garbage. “Oh no some WR scored 2 tds my life is doomed”

More like a bunch of people need to make themselves feel better by pretending like the guy didn't play well. Why is your life doomed? It's just a game and it's fun to see players play well.

It will just make the game even better if both players are playing well when they play each other.

Edited by Demoted

51 minutes ago, Demoted said:

It's going to be Worthy vs Coleman all season. Right now Worthy is looking amazing. Worthy scored 2 TDs, would you be saying this if he scored 2 TDs for the Bills? 

It says more that you needed to write all of this out to pretend like you weren't impressed. This should be a fun season if 1 game has people doing this stuff already.

Lol just lol. 

Worthy's performance was more of an eye-rolling, "of course he did ... 'cause Buffalo" stat/story line.  In reality, he scored a decent rushing touchdown and didn't drop a ball when the Ravens decided to let him go uncovered, but otherwise didn't look at all impressive as an actual receiver.  But, yeah, the guy that we "let" the Chiefs have just had to score two touchdowns in their opening win.  What does that say about how he'll do the rest of the season?  Not much.  He'll likely produce some because he's a fourth or fifth option, gadget receiver in the Chiefs' offense, but he's unlikely to turn into a top-tier receiver, and he's still likely one bad hit from being snapped in half.

Regardless, if the Bills playing well, nobody will care.  It would also help (emotionally) if Coleman shows up in the stats line.

Edited by carpandean
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

Bought tickets yesterday to take the wife and brother on Sunday. Fingers crossed for nice weather. 

Gonna be cool and breezy -- and most likely dry. There's a yucky pattern setting up for the weekend. Lake effect rain on Saturday. Thankfully, that looks to end by Sunday afternoon. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I am of two or more minds on the Worthy situation. I didn't see the touchdown catch, but, yeah, sounds like a blown coverage. The run looked pretty special -- exactly why Reid went and got him at the end of the 1st round.

I think it's a fair question to ask: Did Beane screw up when, in exchange for some additional draft capital, he ensured that his conference's top dog would get the player they wanted at the end of the first round? Is that a good deal to make?

Could he have stood pat where they were, chosen Keon there, and then let randomness influence whether the Chiefs could get Worthy? He could have done that.

What's worth more? Some additional draft capital or a chance to deny the Chiefs (i.e., Reid) a speed merchant that they (he) covet(s)?

Fair question, imo.

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Gonna be cool and breezy -- and most likely dry. There's a yucky pattern setting up for the weekend. Lake effect rain on Saturday. Thankfully, that looks to end by Sunday afternoon. 

I am of two or more minds on the Worthy situation. I didn't see the touchdown catch, but, yeah, sounds like a blown coverage. The run looked pretty special -- exactly why Reid went and got him at the end of the 1st round.

I think it's a fair question to ask: Did Beane screw up when, in exchange for some additional draft capital, he ensured that his conference's top dog would get the player they wanted at the end of the first round? Is that a good deal to make?

Could he have stood pat where they were, chosen Keon there, and then let randomness influence whether the Chiefs could get Worthy? He could have done that.

What's worth more? Some additional draft capital or a chance to deny the Chiefs (i.e., Reid) a speed merchant that they (he) covet(s)?

Fair question, imo.

Do you think we would’ve taken Coleman if we stayed?  I think there’s a chance he was Beannes guy all along but even if he was the guy Beanne wanted why take that chance of trading down and missing out on him?  3 WR’s went right around there before we took Coleman? 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

Do you think we would’ve taken Coleman if we stayed?  I think there’s a chance he was Beannes guy all along but even if he was the guy Beanne wanted why take that chance of trading down and missing out on him?  3 WR’s went right around there before we took Coleman? 

According to the Bills draft video Coleman was the target.

Worthy seems to be more of an outside the redzone threat based on body size.  Coleman more of a redzone size reciever.

I believe both teams had a plan going into the draft on what they were looking for in a wideout.  both got what they wanted.  It will be interesting to see how each teams PLAN works out.