Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Bills OC gonna be known as Joe Valjean Brady. Here’s hoping we fans don’t end up miserables.

At the end of the day, when you played the Buffalo Bills for however many years, you had to worry about Stefon Diggs, right? And that is different now. But you also had to worry about Josh Allen,” Brady said. “It’s a quarterback-driven league, and at the end of the day, we’re fortunate that we still have him, and the offense will still run through him. We’ll have to adjust, and we’ll have to get a feel of how teams are playing us. We’re a few days in but we’re excited about the group that we have.”

He missed a lay-up there with "We’re a few days in but we’re excited about the group that we have when tomorrow comes"

Edited by MattPie
  • Haha (+1) 1

[97% of NFL media and most Bills fans on day of 1st Round of 2024 Draft]: I CAN'T BELIEVE THE BILLS TRADED WITH THE CHIEFS AND LET THEM CHOOSE THE BEST WIDE RECEIVER LEFT ON THE BOARD.

[Xavier Worthy, probably over Memorial Day Weekend]:

Also, will someone please check in on their cat.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't understand the worthy angst tbh. He's small and fast. That's kinda it. 

Small and fast? To me he looks a lot like Dylan Cozens and Tage Thompson?

• Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

[97% of NFL media and most Bills fans on day of 1st Round of 2024 Draft]: I CAN'T BELIEVE THE BILLS TRADED WITH THE CHIEFS AND LET THEM CHOOSE THE BEST WIDE RECEIVER LEFT ON THE BOARD.

[Xavier Worthy, probably over Memorial Day Weekend]:

Also, will someone please check in on their cat.

Is he really flashing 1 dollar bills ? This new generation of kids yikes..

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Is he really flashing 1 dollar bills ? This new generation of kids yikes..

i noticed that as well. fwiw, the lyrics to the song reference giving away (ahem) dollar bills (at a strip club).

51 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Bills are signing Olympic gold medalist wrestler Gable Steveson. He has never played football. Report says he will play on DL. I guess put him on the practice squad and hope for a miracle.

Listed at 5'11" and 266#. (Ed goes 6'1" and 287# by comparison.)

Whatever. The guy is a world class athlete in what is arguably the world's most physical sport (I didn't say dangerous or hazardous, mind you) -- why not take a shot. And, of course, we all know how McDermott feels about wrasslers.

7 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Bills are signing Olympic gold medalist wrestler Gable Steveson. He has never played football. Report says he will play on DL. I guess put him on the practice squad and hope for a miracle.

6 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Listed at 5'11" and 266#. (Ed goes 6'1" and 287# by comparison.)

Whatever. The guy is a world class athlete in what is arguably the world's most physical sport (I didn't say dangerous or hazardous, mind you) -- why not take a shot. And, of course, we all know how McDermott feels about wrasslers.

4 hours ago, Night Train said:

Wrestler means McDermott secretly has the hots for him. I hope it's just business...wait..

I don’t know how this team didn’t learn their lesson after Araiza.  Or did they learn the wrong lesson after cutting him?  

• Eyeroll 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, inkman said:

I don’t know how this team didn’t learn their lesson after Araiza.  Or did they learn the wrong lesson after cutting him? 

The Araiza situation is a weird one to cite. That thing wound up as a real shlamozzle — with Araiza being released from the civil lawsuit after he sued the accuser for defamation.

Here’s hoping the Bills did their due diligence with the wrestler.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I wasn’t aware that Stevenson spent time trying to catch on in pro wrestling. While doing so, he issued a statement about the allegations of sexual assault that were made in 2019.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/wwe-star-gable-steveson-issues-statement-on-2019-sexual-assault-investigation

“One of the challenges for me personally especially over the past several months/years has been reading the criticisms and attacks on my character by people who don’t know me personally and my values. No charges were ever brought by anyone and the entire episode has been difficult for everyone involved … Going forward people who don’t know me will hopefully see that kindness, respect and empathy are virtues I take very seriously in my life."

On 5/31/2024 at 10:45 PM, inkman said:

Is this a joke? What lesson are you talking about?

3 hours ago, JujuFish said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40268752/sources-justin-jefferson-vikings-agree-4-year-140m-deal

4 years, $140 million for Justin Jefferson, $110 million guaranteed.

Great player but IMO, the only player/position that should kill a Cap is a true Franchise QB.

The NFL has far too much confidence that the cap will keep rising at warp speed and fans will keep paying. Teams will soon pay 5 guys and have nearly 50 guys with 1-2 year deals. Excessive turnover. Don't see that as a positive and it's already getting there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

Great player but IMO, the only player/position that should kill a Cap is a true Franchise QB.

The NFL has far too much confidence that the cap will keep rising at warp speed and fans will keep paying. Teams will soon pay 5 guys and have nearly 50 guys with 1-2 year deals. Excessive turnover. Don't see that as a positive and it's already getting there.

They don't have a QB contact to worry about so this makes sense since this is to help develop your QB that you might pay if he pans out. If they did need to pay a QB this contract would already run its course.

Jamar Chase situation is the interesting one