108: Sam O'Reilly, 6'1" C/W

109: Lukas Fischer, 6'4" LHD 

Second try:

11: Cayden Lindstrom, 6'4" C

43: Charlie Elick, 6'3" RHD

76: Sam O'Reilly, 6'1" C/W

108: Tarin Smith, 6'1" LHD

109: AJ Spellacy, 6'3" C

These both look like decent drafts. However, I don’t think fans are ready for a Sam O’Reilly. Too soon. 

I now think that if KA trades #11 it will be a draft floor deal after #10. Every team’s lists are probably like all of the mocks out there, no consensus after Celebrini.

Bob McKenzie’s NHL scouts are all over the place on a lot of these kids. There’s only 10 scouts polled but some have a guy top 5 while another team has him top 15. Bob’s list is a good resource but it usually has a higher degree of accuracy.

This will be an interesting 1st round to watch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

pronman, Wheeler, peters, button, McKenzie are the 5 they are aggregating together. 

Iginla would be the home run pick for me but I struggle to see him slipping out of the top 10.

13, 12, 12, 3 and 10 gives me hope.

But I’m betting at least one of the teams ahead of us loves the kid like Button does and pounces early.

40 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Iginla would be the home run pick for me but I struggle to see him slipping out of the top 10.

13, 12, 12, 3 and 10 gives me hope.

But I’m betting at least one of the teams ahead of us loves the kid like Button does and pounces early.

Iginla is flawed, I just want to point that out. He has a bad tendency to just haphazardly shove pucks to the middle of the ice on low chance plays and he sometimes likes to shoot from the perimeter because there is a shot lane. He also over-handles but alot of jr guys do so don't care there. Basically, I am saying he needs to get better at playing a pro game but that isn't much of a concern. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Iginla is flawed, I just want to point that out. He has a bad tendency to just haphazardly shove pucks to the middle of the ice on low chance plays and he sometimes likes to shoot from the perimeter because there is a shot lane. He also over-handles but alot of jr guys do so don't care there. Basically, I am saying he needs to get better at playing a pro game but that isn't much of a concern. 

Not looking at him as the next Jarome, just as a rising prospect who fits nicely into our team DNA (plays fast, rush skills), yet also adds needed elements (o-zone tenacity, willingness to go to the hard areas) — in short, great fit and value at #11.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dudacek said:

Not looking at him as the next Jarome, just as a rising prospect who fits nicely into our team DNA (plays fast, rush skills), yet also adds needed elements (o-zone tenacity, willingness to go to the hard areas) — in short, great fit and value at #11.

Can I interest you in some Michael Brandsegg-Nygård?

Michael Brandsegg-Nygård is a gamer. Place him anywhere in your lineup, hand him any assignment, and watch him skate through a wall to see it through. - Elite Prospects

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Can I interest you in some Michael Brandsegg-Nygård?

Yep - agree 100% here, and if we use pick #11, there's probably a 90% chance he's still there.  He's one of the most pro-ready prospects (even if he's still 1-2 years away) and the Sabres desperately need players like him.  They got one last year in Benson, though, Benson a different type of pest.

• Like (+1) 1

16 of 22points this season, came since the world jrs in just 25 games played. That puts him on 0.64ppg which would have made him just barely 3rd in the Allsvenskan for players u20. Just something I found interesting. BTW, I like Nygard but 11 is probably a bit of a reach for him. He looks like a better checking Tuch with slightly worse hands (of course we are comparing 26yr old Tuch to 18yr old Nygard so I would expect Tuch to handle better). Anyways, he is just this guy who looks like a hockey player and idk how else to explain it. I watch him and compare him to Helenius and Nygard pops more to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/craig-button-s-nhl-mock-draft-celebrini-the-only-certainty-in-unpredictable-class-1.2140574

🤮. If they are just going to draft Ristolainen again I hope they trade the pick for help now.

I’m not a Yakemchuk fan. If that was going to be the pick I’d rather see it moved to help make the playoffs now 

5 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

A little bit I guess, but I think it would be like the Rosen draft. We were picking 13 and as fans generally focused on who might fall, not recognizing that the Sabres might be a team that reaches a bit. The consolidated rankings had Rosen around 20-21. We reached, but not ridiculously so. Luchanko come in around 19 in consolidated rankings.  It wouldn’t be that much of a head scratcher. 

25 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

With Buium, Eiserman, Helenius, Brandsegg-Nygard and Yakemchuk still on the board?

This guy is a former NHL director of scouting but this mock certainly had some surprises.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, French Collection said:

With Buium, Eiserman, Helenius, Brandsegg-Nygard and Yakemchuk still on the board?

This guy is a former NHL director of scouting but this mock certainly had some surprises.

Feel like you are betting on Jett's age and upside. There are certainly some really good playmaking ideas and skills to go with pretty good skating. 

This draft is weird, after about pick 8ish, there's like 12-15 guys that you can talk me into if you try hard enough. 

Quick edit from EPs Draft Guide:

“He (Cole Beaudoin) was being double and triple and sometimes quadruple shifted because Canada really only played with two reliable centres, him and [Jett] Luchanko,” wrote Elite Prospects OHL scout Lauren Kelly in a May report. “And it’s not hard to see why. He was a force in this game, hitting to separate players from pucks, backchecking to create turnovers, forechecking to try and turn momentum.”

More about Cole Beaudoin (who if available at 43, draft) but the note in there about Luchenko being reliable at the u18 for Canada is an important note. 

Edited by LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Archie Lee said:

A little bit I guess, but I think it would be like the Rosen draft. We were picking 13 and as fans generally focused on who might fall, not recognizing that the Sabres might be a team that reaches a bit. The consolidated rankings had Rosen around 20-21. We reached, but not ridiculously so. Luchanko come in around 19 in consolidated rankings.  It wouldn’t be that much of a head scratcher. 

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Luchanko is a likable player, but that just seems like overthinking things based on perceived needs.

Not picking Buium in that particular scenario would be shocking to me. Not only to my personal perception of the players, but also to my perception of how the Sabres draft.

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Luchanko is a likable player, but that just seems like overthinking things based on perceived needs.

Not picking Buium in that particular scenario would be shocking to me. Not only to my personal perception of the players, but also to my perception of how the Sabres draft.

Agreed. My prospect knowledge comes from what I have read and not what I’ve seen (I have seen almost nothing). The point is that for a player to fall in the draft another has to rise. When you are drafting outside of the top 5 the tendency is for fans to look for someone to fall when it is always possible that your team actually likes a player who will be considered a bit of a reach. There appears to be no inside info in this guys mock, just an attempt to apply some logic that may well be very faulty (which is good, because it got me reading about a player I had not considered much). I don’t think we are taking Luchanko, but would not be shocked if we take a player rated in the 18-22 range, because we did that just 3 years ago. 

Edited by Archie Lee

It's time for the 1-32 mock draft. 

1. San Jose Sharks - Mack Celebrini
  2. Chicago Blackhawks - Artyom Levshunov
  3. Anaheim Ducks - Sam Dickinson
  4. Columbus Blue Jackets - Anton Silayev
  5. Montreal Canadiens - Cayden Lindstrom
  6. Utah - Ivan Demidov
  7. Ottawa Senators - Beckett Sennecke 
  8. Seattle Kraken - Zeev Buium
  9. Calgary Flames - Tij Iginla
  10. New Jersey Devils - Berkly Catton
  11. Buffalo Sabres - Zayne Parekh, first of all I did not plan this. He just kinda ended up available and maybe that is my bad. I can see him going to anyone of 3 other teams above us. Second, he's not that small even though ik that will be a major criticism. He's 6.25 and 178lbs so he has some bulking up to do but this isn't Jacob Bryson. He skates very well and has all of the tools in the toolbox he needs to be a top pairing defender. He is the type of player that you send back to jrs for a couple years and then let him run a year in the AHL and you could get a really really good defender. He is a RHD as well. Simply put, there is far too much skill and talent to let Parekh slide any further even if some won't like his profile. Should I have mocked him to someone else earlier? Maybe? Still that is how this went.
  12. Philadelphia Flyers - Carter Yakemchuk
  13. Minnesota Wild - Konsta Helenius
  14. San Jose Sharks (from Pittsburgh Penguins) - Cole Eiserman
  15. Detroit Red Wings - Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
  16. St. Louis Blues - Adam Jiricek
  17. Washington Capitals - Stian Solberg
  18. Chicago Blackhawks (from New York Islanders) - Liam Greentree
  19. Vegas Golden Knights - Sacha Boisvert
  20. New York Islanders (from Tampa Bay Lightning via Chicago Blackhawks) - Trevor Connelly
  21. Los Angeles Kings - Michael Hage
  22. Nashville Predators - Cole Beaudoin
  23. Toronto Maple Leafs - Jett Luchanko
  24. Colorado Avalanche - Igor Chernyshov
  25. Boston Bruins (from Boston Bruins via Detroit Red Wings via Ottawa Senators) - Dean Letourneau
  26. Montreal Canadiens (from Winnipeg Jets) - RJ Emery
  27. Carolina Hurricanes - Andrew Basha
  28. Calgary Flames (from Vancouver Canucks) - Charlie Elick
  29. Dallas Stars - Teddy Stiga
  30. New York Rangers - Dominik Badinka
  31. Anaheim Ducks (from Edmonton) - Julius Miettinen
  32. Philadelphia Flyers (from Florida) - Ryder Ritchie

This was fun. I tried to look at what teams had and some trends I see in their drafting but here we go. I will be about 98% wrong so take it for the fun it is. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

It's time for the 1-32 mock draft. 

1. San Jose Sharks - Mack Celebrini
  2. Chicago Blackhawks - Artyom Levshunov
  3. Anaheim Ducks - Sam Dickinson
  4. Columbus Blue Jackets - Anton Silayev
  5. Montreal Canadiens - Cayden Lindstrom
  6. Utah - Ivan Demidov
  7. Ottawa Senators - Beckett Sennecke 
  8. Seattle Kraken - Zeev Buium
  9. Calgary Flames - Tij Iginla
  10. New Jersey Devils - Berkly Catton
  11. Buffalo Sabres - Zayne Parekh, first of all I did not plan this. He just kinda ended up available and maybe that is my bad. I can see him going to anyone of 3 other teams above us. Second, he's not that small even though ik that will be a major criticism. He's 6.25 and 178lbs so he has some bulking up to do but this isn't Jacob Bryson. He skates very well and has all of the tools in the toolbox he needs to be a top pairing defender. He is the type of player that you send back to jrs for a couple years and then let him run a year in the AHL and you could get a really really good defender. He is a RHD as well. Simply put, there is far too much skill and talent to let Parekh slide any further even if some won't like his profile. Should I have mocked him to someone else earlier? Maybe? Still that is how this went.
  12. Philadelphia Flyers - Carter Yakemchuk
  13. Minnesota Wild - Konsta Helenius
  14. San Jose Sharks (from Pittsburgh Penguins) - Cole Eiserman
  15. Detroit Red Wings - Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
  16. St. Louis Blues - Adam Jiricek
  17. Washington Capitals - Stian Solberg
  18. Chicago Blackhawks (from New York Islanders) - Liam Greentree
  19. Vegas Golden Knights - Sacha Boisvert
  20. New York Islanders (from Tampa Bay Lightning via Chicago Blackhawks) - Trevor Connelly
  21. Los Angeles Kings - Michael Hage
  22. Nashville Predators - Cole Beaudoin
  23. Toronto Maple Leafs - Jett Luchanko
  24. Colorado Avalanche - Igor Chernyshov
  25. Boston Bruins (from Boston Bruins via Detroit Red Wings via Ottawa Senators) - Dean Letourneau
  26. Montreal Canadiens (from Winnipeg Jets) - RJ Emery
  27. Carolina Hurricanes - Andrew Basha
  28. Calgary Flames (from Vancouver Canucks) - Charlie Elick
  29. Dallas Stars - Teddy Stiga
  30. New York Rangers - Dominik Badinka
  31. Anaheim Ducks (from Edmonton) - Julius Miettinen
  32. Philadelphia Flyers (from Florida) - Ryder Ritchie

This was fun. I tried to look at what teams had and some trends I see in their drafting but here we go. I will be about 98% wrong so take it for the fun it is. 

There was a thread like this a couple years ago, a separate thread where we all posted our Mock Drafts.....I'd say lets start one but, I'd need a few more hours to put mine together.