Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Woll last year was 25games, 12 wins, 0.907sv%

UPL last was 54games, 27wins, .910sv%

If Woll comes in under 4mil, would be hard pressed to convince me UPL should get 5mil or more. 

Agreed, although term makes a difference.

Also be hard-pressed to convince me UPL should get less than 4.

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Woll last year was 25games, 12 wins, 0.907sv%

UPL last was 54games, 27wins, .910sv%

If Woll comes in under 4mil, would be hard pressed to convince me UPL should get 5mil or more. 

I've said 5.5M from the get go is what it will take. If we can get him for less I think that's a bonus.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Ullmark signed for 4 years 5M AAV.

Ullmark got that contract with a 9W 6L, 2.63 GAA, .917 %

UPL has 27W 22L, 2.57 GAA, .910 %

Ullmark was an unrestricted free agent and signed that contract after a bidding war.

UPL is restricted.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Ullmark signed for 4 years 5M AAV.

Ullmark got that contract with a 9W 6L, 2.63 GAA, .917 %

UPL has 27W 22L, 2.57 GAA, .910 %

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Ullmark was an unrestricted free agent and signed that contract after a bidding war.

UPL is restricted.

Ufa v rfa

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

In addition, that was Ullmarks 3rd season behind a .905 and another. 915sv% years. 

I’m just trying to be realistic and I’m sure they’ll bring up that the cap went up. I’m not saying I want that or that they should pay that but I think that will be the ask, I have no inside info just my own hot take.

15 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Ok so what would a team give up if they wanted him?

In a trade? Not a ton of comparables and the goalie market is generally soft, but:

Husso went for a 3rd

Georgiev for 2 3rds

Vanecek for a 3rd and moving up 7 slots in the 2nd.

Husso would probably be the best UPL comparable at the time of the trade and signed for 3x$4.75 as soon as he got to Detroit.

26 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

People are saying that they will move Marino if this happens. Hmm wonder is there is a former Devils coach that likes the RHDman.

New Jersey beefing up their D and solving their goaltending means one more team in our way for making the playoffs. Adams better get busy. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

Thank goodness Buffalo did not hire Bill Zito after they interviewed him for GM. The kick in the nuts just keep coming with this organization that can never make the right decision.

The only way they can make the right decision is to do the OPPOSITE of what they think the right decision is.  There’s an old Seinfeld episode where George did this.

• Like (+1) 1

Our first look at what reliable 2nd-pair stay-at-home guys will get after the flat cap lifts.

This is why the Samuelsson contract made sense if he can stay healthy.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

The only way they can make the right decision is to do the OPPOSITE of what they think the right decision is.  There’s an old Seinfeld episode where George did this.

14 hours ago, dudacek said:

Our first look at what reliable 2nd-pair stay-at-home guys will get after the flat cap lifts.

This is why the Samuelsson contract made sense if he can stay healthy.

Love to see DD coming back for 4 more years at a favorable caphit. He would have got more on the open market with longer term.

He complements JMo on the first pairing. With DD as his partner, he doesn't need to worry about his partner and allows him to play his game.

Edited by Ducky

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.