Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

33 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Tell me again why we traded Josh Bloom for Stillman? Head scratcher.

Cuz Josh Bloom will most likely be a tweener and we've got 100 other forward prospects. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, rickshaw said:

Tell me again why we traded Josh Bloom for Stillman? Head scratcher.

A tweener wanna be for a legit tweener.  Much ado about nothing.

And if you get GA going on his insane rant about this again….

the honeymooners ralph kramden GIF

• Haha (+1) 4

People know Bloom was available to score the memorial cup winner because he got cut from the Canucks ECHL team and went back to Saginaw as an over-ager, right?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

After a successful turnaround season the Canucks have made some changes to Tocchet’s staff.

Gone are Mike Yeo and Jason King. Yeo has lots of experience and handled the PK while King looked after the PP. Their PP was 10th while the PK was 17th.

The Sedins will take on a larger role, especially for the PP and they hired their skills coach Yogi Svejkovski to round out the staff.

Tocchet has been given tons of credit for their success yet he still changes his crew to find improvement.

I guess Matt Ellis wasn’t available so he went with the Sedins.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Crazy crazy rumours, Ottawa sends Tkachuk to Buffalo for Power (as the centerpieces) and Chychrun to Boston for Ullmark. Alternatively NY and Boston talking about NJ's first for Ullmark. 

No thank you, I'm in no way interested in trading Power even for a great player like Tkachuk 

On 6/6/2024 at 4:18 AM, French Collection said:

After a successful turnaround season the Canucks have made some changes to Tocchet’s staff.

Gone are Mike Yeo and Jason King. Yeo has lots of experience and handled the PK while King looked after the PP. Their PP was 10th while the PK was 17th.

The Sedins will take on a larger role, especially for the PP and they hired their skills coach Yogi Svejkovski to round out the staff.

Tocchet has been given tons of credit for their success yet he still changes his crew to find improvement.

I guess Matt Ellis wasn’t available so he went with the Sedins.

I know you all hate Boston but this is how I will remember the Sedins forever.

16 hours ago, stinky finger said:

Oh man. I’m torn. I could be convinced. 

I would do it. Only on one condition though. Tkachuk actually wants to come here or is at least ok with the destination. Put it this way, suppose we could go back to 2021 and somehow the present day Tkachuk was available in the draft. Would we pick him or Power?

11 hours ago, kas23 said:

I would do it. Only on one condition though. Tkachuk actually wants to come here or is at least ok with the destination. Put it this way, suppose we could go back to 2021 and somehow the present day Tkachuk was available in the draft. Would we pick him or Power?

When you put this way, I suppose we would. Either way each has a bright future. Gimme Tkachuk.

17 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I'd be happier about a Tkachuk for Power trade than I am about the Byram for Mitts trade.

I’m holding onto hope (great strategy 🤷🏻‍♂️)re: Byram. Better coaching should improve his play. 

Mitts to me is JAG. 

• dislike 2

On 6/7/2024 at 12:57 AM, PerreaultForever said:

Crazy crazy rumours, Ottawa sends Tkachuk to Buffalo for Power (as the centerpieces) and Chychrun to Boston for Ullmark. Alternatively NJ and Boston talking about NJ's first for Ullmark. 

By "rumours" you mean "some stuff a clickbait site just made up" right?

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

By "rumours" you mean "some stuff a clickbait site just made up" right?

Not entirely. Podcast guys, guys who have media access, substack types and dedicated fans who claim to know this guy or that guy (which could be bs obviously) so it's a mix. There's talk out there. Is it real? Who knows. Is it anything more than a phone call between GMs? Who knows. 

It's the off season. You know the drill. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.