Fanatics will be the new Official Jersey Provider for the NHL

Brawndo

14 hours ago, Taro T said:

Seriously, for all the true transgressions Fanatics has had and will have, you slag them for this?

EVERY apparel manufacturer making hat for a championship series makes the hat in one of 3 colors - gray, white, or black and glues the team specific patch onto the hat.  So that rather than having to destroy 1/2 of the hats they've made (or essentially give them away for pennies in a 3rd World country) they just reheat the hats with the losing team's logos on them and puts the winners on instead.

Would expect that Nike was the originator of the practice, but maybe it was Reebok or Adidas.

I just dug up my BU national champions hat from 2009 and it is the most generic thing I own.  It has those same exact two shades of gray as the panther hat.  It's sad really.  Starving kids in Ethiopia don't get the loser hats anymore.

I wonder if there will ever be any clearance of the adidas jerseys.  I could use an authentic blue.

10 minutes ago, shrader said:

I just dug up my BU national champions hat from 2009 and it is the most generic thing I own.  It has those same exact two shades of gray as the panther hat.  It's sad really.  Starving kids in Ethiopia don't get the loser hats anymore.

I wonder if there will ever be any clearance of the adidas jerseys.  I could use an authentic blue.

There is a generation of people in the third world who believe the early 90’s Buffalo Bills are a dynasty 

• Agree 1

I am not thrilled with Fanatics, and less thrilled about the 10 year deal. I have a long sleeve or two that are fine/good. But their hats fit funny and look cheap. 

I have Sabres jerseys from Koho, CCM, and Reebok, and Adidas. The Adidas jerseys blow them all away. The difference between a major athletic outfitter and cheap knock offs is huge these days. Performance wear has come a long way. 

2 hours ago, shrader said:

To your 1st point, those kids can still get shirts, they just don't get hats anymore.  😉 

To your 2nd point, expecting there'll be a lot of clearance stuff available in the Sabres store when TC opens up.  Might be a good time to let the little Shrader visit grandma.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Go to Dave and Adam’s they have plenty for cheap. 

58 minutes ago, Taro T said:

To your 1st point, those kids can still get shirts, they just don't get hats anymore.  😉 

To your 2nd point, expecting there'll be a lot of clearance stuff available in the Sabres store when TC opens up.  Might be a good time to let the little Shrader visit grandma.

There’s never a good time for that… that and she’s here in NC too. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Wonder if their keeping the raised "mane" (that's what it would be called on a lion, not sure what it's called on a buffalo) that they've had since the 50th anniversary season.  The closeup of the seamstress working on the sweater shows one, but the photo of the full sweater on the mannequin doesn't seem to have it.

Hopefully they keep it.  That feature really makes the logo 'pop.'

On 6/26/2024 at 2:56 PM, Taro T said:

Wonder if their keeping the raised "mane" (that's what it would be called on a lion, not sure what it's called on a buffalo) that they've had since the 50th anniversary season.  The closeup of the seamstress working on the sweater shows one, but the photo of the full sweater on the mannequin doesn't seem to have it.

Hopefully they keep it.  That feature really makes the logo 'pop.'

Chris is one of the biggest jersey snobs on Sabres Twitter, his words not mine, if he likes them they must be good

• Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Not a shot at fanatics cuz they didnt do it but the Sabres blue jersey desperately needs some yellow in or around the shoulders/collar area to break it up. It is too bland. 

That would be an improvement 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.