Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

12 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Warren Sharp’s diagnosis of what ails the Bills is undeniable. And this guy comes with *facts* too. I especially love his use of the Maya Angelou (sp?) quote.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/sean-mcdermott-buffalo-bills-ken-dorsey/

And yet the go ahead scoring drive was all runs.

Just sayin.😂

On 11/14/2023 at 5:26 PM, inkman said:

I kinda wish the whole dog and pony show of press conferences wasn’t a thing. Fans demanding coaching changes, players having to answer ridiculous questions immediately after a gut wrenching loss.  I guess money is the reason fans think we are entitled to this garbage.  It’s all a little much.  

Press conferences.. coaches shows... pre-game shows..Bills daily show One Bills Live...WGR radio talk.

Useless Old Timey Baseball GIF by Team Coco

Game does all the talking. 

17 hours ago, Marvin said:

Do the players go around the coach to gripe to management?

Probably not.  This coach is the management.  He reports directly to TP.  He does not report to Beane.   I cannot see a player going to TP about their coach, even Allen would not do that.  

This is an organizational problem.  Terry has to fire McD himself and he better first sell it Beane if he wants Beane to stay.    Assuming that happens, TP should let Beane hire the next coach and have that coach should report to Beane.  

No one overcomplicates an organization like Terry Pegula.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

Press conferences.. coaches shows... pre-game shows..Bills daily show One Bills Live...WGR radio talk.

Useless Old Timey Baseball GIF by Team Coco

Game does all the talking. 

When we were kids we watched Sunday night Bills highlights on channels 2, 4 and 7.   I used to switch through them all.  Then of course there was "halftime highlights" on MNF were you got to see the league highlights from Howard Cosell.  That was a thrill and a treat.  

Later ESPN came along and that started the snowball down the mountain of sports coverage excessiveness.  Now they have sports gambling channels and websites - that cannot be good for the sport.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Just sayin.😂

True, because Denver stayed in their stop the pass defense.  

You have to run, it cannot all be Allen.   Team have figured the Bills out - that is the flaw in the analysis - the same thing never works for very long.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

True, because Denver stayed in thire stop the pass defense.  

You have to run, it cannot all be Allen.   Team have figured the Bills out - that is the flaw in the analysis - the same thing never works for very long.  

Don't believe that's accurate.

Watched a bit of the Fishies 70 burger beat down on the Donkeys.  They were running through them like they were going up against a JV squad.  The Donkeys are REALLY bad against the run.

23 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Don't believe that's accurate.

Watched a bit of the Fishies 70 burger beat down on the Donkeys.  They were running through them like they were going up against a JV squad.  The Donkeys are REALLY bad against the run.

True too.  But Denver played a defensive game designed to stop Allen's big play ability, make him be a patient QB, and hope that they could get a few turnovers - just like everybody does now. 

It should have been our plan to run enough make them change defenses and bring the safeties up,  and then throw on then.  We took the ball first which is rare, only to pass and then fumble deep in our territory.   

We look like a poorly coached team as evidence by turnovers, penalties, and mostly be letting the opponent dictate their game to us.  

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

A single drive against an otherwise overwhelming weight of evidence. Roger that.

50 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

True, because Denver stayed in thire stop the pass defense.  

The larger point that is made in the write-up is that, philosophically and fundamentally, there's a disconnect between what McDermott wants his team to be and what Allen's essential makeup is. I agree with that 100%.

On that go-ahead touchdown against Denver, there was this split second where basically our entire section (300s, so we're perched) spontaneously roared/groaned something like "gooooo!" at Allen because he clearly had a lane and the angle to get to the end zone, but we all saw the same thing: A split second hesitation that seemed destined to doom the play. Except it didn't.

McDermott is a very good NFL head coach. Nonetheless, the Allen-led Bills need someone different in charge if they're going to take another run at this thing.

27 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The Donkeys are REALLY bad against the run.

Holy crap are they ever.

• Like (+1) 2

But instead of running it back with minor tweaks, McDermott said in his post-season press conference that he wanted to “start over” and do so by “running the ball better.”

Like I keep saying:  The beginning of the end was 13 Seconds (and how McClappy reacted to it).

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

Both QBs hurt?

Between the two of them only one half missed in total. So I don’t think it’s a legit excuse. The nature of football. Cincy elite wr corps doesn’t look special this year. JA is a train wreck and really bad coaching.  Historically, there is a lot of turnover who makes the playoffs year to year. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Between the two of them only one half missed in total. So I don’t think it’s a legit excuse. The nature of football. Cincy elite wr corps doesn’t look special this year. JA is a train wreck and really bad coaching.  Historically, there is a lot of turnover who makes the playoffs year to year. 

Oye I didn’t think it needed to be said but both QBs are playing injured making their play substandard 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

Let Brady run his 2019 LSU offense that won the National Championship. Motion and tons of scoring. 

I've viewed 6 weeks of absolute crap. Nothing to lose but more games . 

Having Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson on the same team along with a couple dozen NFL players probably made his job a little easier.  Those are 3 of the top 10 players in the league. 

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Are Josh’s struggles also a case of Josh no longer doing the work to get better now that he is a celebrity?

Maybe. Josh’s hair kinda sucks now too, maybe that’s to blame. 

Edited by inkman
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

Having Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson on the same team along with a couple dozen NFL players probably made his job a little easier.  Those are 3 of the top 10 players in the league. 

No history lesson needed. Well aware of the players.  Run it.

I got 6 straight games of bumbling play callling too fresh in my memory. 

Edited by Night Train

2 hours ago, inkman said:

/sarcasm? More QBs are injured in the pocket than running.  I’ll see if I can muster up some data.  

Yes 100% sarcasm on my part. All of Allen's injuries have essentially been in the Pocket. McDermott is too "old school" to take us any further. He's not a bad coach, just not an elite one. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Are Josh’s struggles also a case of Josh no longer doing the work to get better now that he is a celebrity?

In part I think there is some merit here.  His last 2 off-seasons have been less football work and more golf and celebrity hob nobbing.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Honestly this is not me trying to troll the buffalo bills fans but Andrew luck Had the same Look When he gave up on football.

I'm not saying the dudes gonna retire but he's not excited like in years past Where he would be excited every single touchdown , first down

59 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

In part I think there is some merit here.  His last 2 off-seasons have been less football work and more golf and celebrity hob nobbing.  

Oh yea? Didn't know that you followed Allen around and logged all the things he was doing, not just the stuff he posted on social media. 

Ken Dorsey ran a vanilla, easy to read, pathetic offense under the direction of McDermott. It is why when they did hurry up and Josh got to call plays it looks so much better. Dorsey was bad and McDermott is limiting. You don't put a limiter on your Ferrari just because sometimes it gets a little lose in the corners at top speed. 

Glad to see we have reached the "blame the best players" in the cycle of why the Bills aren't as good even though the answer is blindingly obvious. The problem is McDermott. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1