OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

That tornado passed about 1/8th of a mile north of where our office building is. I parked on the street today. Thankfully, there was no damage to my vehicle. People parked ~100' feet to the north of me were not so lucky. I had some storm debris on my windshield (roofing materials, looks like) - but no damage.

There's more incoming as well.

Storms often don't behave the way they used to. Existing models are of limited utility.

• Shocked 1

15 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

That tornado passed about 1/8th of a mile north of where our office building is. I parked on the street today. Thankfully, there was no damage to my vehicle. People parked ~100' feet to the north of me were not so lucky. I had some storm debris on my windshield (roofing materials, looks like) - but no damage.

There's more incoming as well.

Storms often don't behave the way they used to. Existing models are of limited utility.

Nah, this is just a blip. Now let’s cut big checks to all those flooded and burned up homes and run it back! 

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Night Train said:

This weather is getting more and more extreme around the globe.  I feel for my kids. I'm only around for a little more. Concerning. 

very much so. hopefully, they can figure out how to adapt, or even mitigate the problems. i moved my kid into college yesterday — northeast ohio. holy hell what a storm that was. they may be without power for a week or more.

I was in the Clearwater area on Sunday/Monday when Debby went through.  Hard to quantify what 13" of rain is like in such a short period of time. Thankfully my AirBNB was elevated and we had little impact.  The flooding was significant only 2-3 miles from us.

The storm surge was definitely easy to quantify given how much beach was covered with water on Monday morning. 

• Like (+1) 1