OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

On 8/7/2024 at 4:21 PM, Night Train said:

This weather is getting more and more extreme around the globe.  I feel for my kids. I'm only around for a little more. Concerning. 

Not if you talk to my 82-year-old neighbor down the street.  "We had hot summers when I was a kid too.  And cold winters.  I trust my own eyes over these whackadoodle 'weathermen.'  What do they know?"

Edited by Doohicksie
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 9/27/2024 at 9:53 AM, PASabreFan said:

Almost Oct. 1 and very little color change in the hills of northern PA. It's disconcerting.

We've actually had some cool fronts through north Texas.  Low 60s in the morning, about 90 in the afternoon.... with a continued cooling trend.  I'll take it.

Since I retired 7 years ago, the weather North of Buffalo has been summer like for at least 5 months of the year for the most part. May into October. I spend  far more time outside than planned, which is fantastic.

October 1st and I just cut the lawn in shorts. Weekend is warm again so I made dinner reservations outside on a restaurant patio Saturday. 

12 hours ago, Demoted said:

First day of October and it's 91 with heat index of 104 here in Florida. Usually the temps are going down but this is August weather.

Last year this exact date was temps of 86 with a heat index of 91.

Florida basically has summer from mid March til mid November 🤣

Edited by Big Guava

8 hours ago, Big Guava said:

Florida basically has summer from mid March til mid November 🤣

Depends on what part of Florida I guess.

I used to live in Florida, still own a house there, and my wife's family lives there so we visit once or twice a year...one time usually in December or January for 7-10 days. 

We were there in Mid-January this year and Early January last year, and both times  it was in the low-to-mid 80's a few of the days (and a bit sticky on top of that). So much so that my wife, who I'll admit doesn't like 'hotter weather' wouldn't even take an evening walk with me around the neighborhood because it was too hot.  Treasure coast area Jupiter/Stuart/PSL.