Mark Jankowski Clears Waivers; Assigned to Amerks

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Swap Kyle and Asplund.  I know you are thinking of last season with that second line,  but Asplund has not earned it, and Kyle is playing good hockey.  

That was the lineup (at least the forwards) in practice today.

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Sending a player down who hasn’t been in the AHL in years is a heap load of disrespect. I can’t possibly imagine the Sabres, who are cultivating a positive vibe culture, would even fathom the idea. 

I tried to like the kid and realize he's still relatively young but barring injury or trades, he won't play many more games in Buffalo. Atleast he shouldn't.  

Might as well waive him now and see if anybody wants to pick him up for their PK. 

If he clears and reports he might be able to rebuild his confidence and maybe a scoring touch. 

A few goals would go a long way imo

55 minutes ago, inkman said:

Sending a player down who hasn’t been in the AHL in years is a heap load of disrespect. I can’t possibly imagine the Sabres, who are cultivating a positive vibe culture, would even fathom the idea. 

Why is that different from sending Jankowski there in the first place? Mark played 252 NHL games before heading to Rochester after signing a contract and he's at least has had some legit NHL success in the depth role.  What's Bjork accomplished?  He's played 154 game in the NHL since last playing in the AHL.  He has 6 points this season in 51 games.  Jankowski had 5 in 19 games.  Bjork is a terrible NHL hockey player and needs to go.  He can follow Jankowski, Caggiula, Eakin and especially Hayden out the door.

This isn't sending a former 30 goal scorer like Moulson down.  It's getting rid of player how is who everyone knows (including himself) isn't contributing in meaningful way. The players might be said to see a friend go (however he was one of Jack's buddies), but they won't miss him one little on the ice.  The players know change is coming in the next few.  

I think they'll be more annoyed if Vinnie gets traded.  He is at least a contributor. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why is that different from sending Jankowski there in the first place? Mark played 252 NHL games before heading to Rochester after signing a contract and he's at least has had some legit NHL success in the depth role.  What's Bjork accomplished?  He's played 154 game in the NHL since last playing in the AHL.  He has 6 points this season in 51 games.  Jankowski had 5 in 19 games.  Bjork is a terrible NHL hockey player and needs to go.  He can follow Jankowski, Caggiula, Eakin and especially Hayden out the door.

This isn't sending a former 30 goal scorer like Moulson down.  It's getting rid of player how is who everyone knows (including himself) isn't contributing in meaningful way. The players might be said to see a friend go (however he was one of Jack's buddies), but they won't miss him one little on the ice.  The players know change is coming in the next few.  

I think they'll be more annoyed if Vinnie gets traded.  He is at least a contributor. 

Not sure how you confused me for someone who likes Bjork.  Jankowski started in Rochester.  Makes sense he’s returned.  Would we all have been happier if Bjork or Eakin were the guy they sent down.  Obviously.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.