UPL back to Rochester

Brawndo

Not the right place for this, Dell's between the pipes rather than UPL but don't really want to start a GDT during the 3rd period.  That said ...

Really nice breakout leading to a tic-tac-toe play to get Ethan Prow the go ahead goal vs the Baby Pens.  Ra-cha-cha up 2-1 about 1/2 way through the 3rd.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Not the right place for this, Dell's between the pipes rather than UPL but don't really want to start a GDT during the 3rd period.  That said ...

Really nice breakout leading to a tic-tac-toe play to get Ethan Prow the go ahead goal vs the Baby Pens.  Ra-cha-cha up 2-1 about 1/2 way through the 3rd.

Just to update-

Rochester won 3-1, Peterka scored the third goal. Biro with an assist. 2pt game for both JJP & Biro.

Speaking of Biro, he's this week's guest on the instigators overtime podcast.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Couldn't agree more, but worry that KA already has him in stone as the Sabres' backup next season.

Yawn. Rinse and repeat. Same post in every thread.

You dont like UPL, we get it. 

One day I hope he makes you eat every word. Until then I guess we watch and wait. 

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Couldn't agree more, but worry that KA already has him in stone as the Sabres' backup next season.

IMHO, GMKA had him pencilled in as NHL back-up for this season.  I hope GMKA has learnt his lesson. 

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly think UPL is developing nicely but still has work to do. 

Hes been hung out to dry most nights and makes the first save, second and sometimes third before they tuck it in. 

Sometimes he just plain lets in the shot and that's what he will need to work on eliminating before he can be consistent the NHL. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I have heard Granato talk on WGR on a couple occasions about what UPL status is as a prospect. My impression is that he is as much an advocate for the young goalie to be in the NHL as is KA. The coach made the point that from a developmental standpoint he felt that the player could learn more as a NHL player than as a AHL player. If the organization doesn't bring in another veteran goalie next year, then it would be obvious that the organization is invested in the big young goalie.  

29 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I have heard Granato talk on WGR on a couple occasions about what UPL status is as a prospect. My impression is that he is as much an advocate for the young goalie to be in the NHL as is KA. The coach made the point that from a developmental standpoint he felt that the player could learn more as a NHL player than as a AHL player. If the organization doesn't bring in another veteran goalie next year, then it would be obvious that the organization is invested in the big young goalie.  

If they are both so hung go about him being in the NHL, then why isn’t up here splitting time with Anderson instead of Toker?

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Honestly think UPL is developing nicely but still has work to do. 

Hes been hung out to dry most nights and makes the first save, second and sometimes third before they tuck it in. 

Sometimes he just plain lets in the shot and that's what he will need to work on eliminating before he can be consistent the NHL. 

He lets in far more 40-foot shots than he should.

Other than that he's looked strong to me pretty much since November.

16 hours ago, kas23 said:

If they are both so hung go about him being in the NHL, then why isn’t up here splitting time with Anderson instead of Toker?

He was up with the NHL team. He got hurt and then went to Rochester. The organization decided to keep him there. In the last offseason after they weren't able to sign Ullmark it went and signed a 40 yr old goalie on a minimum contract. What does that tell you? It tells me that it felt it had a goalie prospect close to being ready to move up to the NHL. If you interpret their actions differently regarding the position, then that's fine. 

In my prior post, I stated what Granato said on WGR. He stated that he felt that UPLat this stage could develop as much in the NHL as in the AHL. That's what he said. How he is currently being handled is how they want him to be handled. There is no iron clad approach to this player or any player for that matter. The organization alters its approach as the situation changes and how they see fit. 

And it should be noted that on WGR Granato said that Quinn was playing at a level above the AHL. He stated that he felt that his development curve would be better served in the NHL than in the AHL. Quinn is currently playing in the AHL.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.