Sabres re call Brett Murray from Rochester, Place Drake Caggiula on IR

Brawndo

33 minutes ago, Radar said:

Let's wait. Potentially yes but Crosby's career is more than impressive.

The post was in reference to Crosby, the current player, compared to McDavid the current player.

I don’t think that a career retrospective is needed to determine line matchups for tonight’s game.

I wouldn’t matchup Cozens on Crosby though.  Crosby might spear him in the groin, slash his finger in half, or suplex him into the boards.  Dirtiest player in the league.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Yeah.  Like be real.  It isn't like McDavid is as good as Crosby or anything...

Playing against Sid would be a different animal - if I had to guess I don't think Cozens gets that matchup. Matthews and McDavid Sidney is not. Not surprising that after traversing through his early career taking career threatening headshots from guys like "David Steckel" that the league just didn't seem to care about, he learned to get dirty and defend himself when necessary. Refer to the fun battles he's had with Risto over the years. 

I doubt Granato wants to watch Cozens get whipped into the boards like the last guy that pissed off Sid 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

Playing against Sid would be a different animal - if I had to guess I don't think Cozens gets that matchup. Matthews and McDavid Sidney is not. Not surprising that after traversing through his early career taking career threatening headshots from guys like "David Steckel" that the league just didn't seem to care about, he learned to get dirty and defend himself when necessary. Refer to the fun battles he's had with Risto over the years. 

I doubt Granato wants to watch Cozens get whipped into the boards like the last guy that pissed off Sid 

What the matchups are will be very interesting to watch.

Don't have a good feel what what Sullivan will try to run with.

Will also be interested to see which pairings get which lines.  It seemed Granato was trying to keep Miller-Bryson out against the top lines and give Boucher-Hagg the easiest ones.  Wonder how well he'll be able to make that happen on the road.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

How come they can "loan" him and don't have to send him through waivers or whatever? @Taro T

Don't believe he's young enough that he never needs waivers (& didn't look up his age & when he 1st signed to verify that), so it would be because he'd already gone through waivers and hasn't been back up for 30 days nor enough games.  Eventually, if he keeps bouncing back & forth, he'll have to clear them again.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Don't believe he's young enough that he never needs waivers (& didn't look up his age & when he 1st signed to verify that), so it would be because he'd already gone through waivers and hasn't been back up for 30 days nor enough games.  Eventually, if he keeps bouncing back & forth, he'll have to clear them again.

He’s waiver exempt for 2 more years or after he plays 60 NHL games. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Brawndo changed the title to Sabres re call Brett Murray from Rochester, Place Drake Caggiula on IR
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.