Per Dreger Teams Interested in Eichel are getting His Medical Records

Brawndo

• spndnchz pinned and unpinned this topic

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I mentioned this scenario, that Jack may just go ahead and have the ADR.   Buffalo won't terminate his contract, they want some return for their asset, but don't want to take on the risk of ADR... if Jack decides to take on that risk, then it could be a win-win.

• Like (+1) 3

Here's my question. Has anyone credible actually ever confirmed where/when/how this injury occurred and what exactly it is? 

Seems to me nobody will trade for him without medical guarantees, and Sabres won't provide those and so this just gets uglier and uglier. I suspect at some point the league will quietly step in here (behind closed doors maybe) cause this is bad PR all around. 

15 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Here's my question. Has anyone credible actually ever confirmed where/when/how this injury occurred and what exactly it is? 

Seems to me nobody will trade for him without medical guarantees, and Sabres won't provide those and so this just gets uglier and uglier. I suspect at some point the league will quietly step in here (behind closed doors maybe) cause this is bad PR all around. 

The injury occurred when he hit his head against the boards against the Islanders on 3/7/21. It is a herniated cervical (neck) disc. Whether or not the specific disc has been identified, I don’t know.

^^

There’s also been speculation that the nudge into the boards against the Islanders wasn’t definitively when the injury occurred, but perhaps when it went past a point of something he could play through (sorta). I generally recall talk that season about how things seemed off with Eichel — his shot, his giddy up, and such.

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

^^

There’s also been speculation that the nudge into the boards against the Islanders wasn’t definitively when the injury occurred, but perhaps when it went past a point of something he could play through (sorta). I generally recall talk that season about how things seemed off with Eichel — his shot, his giddy up, and such.

He was also injured in a preseason workout and started the season at less than 100% health wise. And it was so obvious. In retrospect, perhaps it would have been better to put him on IR instead of playing. Oh well. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

He was also injured in a preseason workout and started the season at less than 100% health wise. And it was so obvious. In retrospect, perhaps it would have been better to put him on IR instead of playing. Oh well. 

That's what I thought, and then it was aggravated in that islander game but what actually happened in the off season is still vague as far as I can tell. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Also, why in fresh hell is the main Eichel trade rumour thread locked?

If posters were, like me, occasionally sick and tired of the thread, well, then, just stay away. But locking it? C'mon.

Someone made a joke that Eichel would be traded as soon as that thread died, so LGR locked it to facilitate the trade. He did say he would unlock it, though. Maybe he’s busy.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

... although a source close to the situation said the information is not coming directly from the Sabres as TSN inferred Thursday night and reported on its Web site on Friday. You would imagine new agent Pat Brisson's regular talks with Sabres GM Kevyn Adams have pushed the exchange of information as being very necessary."

Believe who you want but it appears nothing has happened. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.