CFP (College Football playoff) Who wins today and overall?

GASabresIUFAN

There's what 8 conferences? 10? How many teams?

7 conference champs and one at-large. You seed 'em 1-8 and let 'er rip. Of course people would complain about schools like Troy State and Central Michigan in a national championship tournament but I say too bad. I don't understand how a team that couldn't win it's own conference should be allowed to compete for a national championship. Besides, you never know when you get an upset, and that's half the fun.

7 conference champs and one at-large. You seed 'em 1-8 and let 'er rip. Of course people would complain about schools like Troy State and Central Michigan in a national championship tournament but I say too bad. I don't understand how a team that couldn't win it's own conference should be allowed to compete for a national championship. Besides, you never know when you get an upset, and that's half the fun.

Outside of this, the only other merit-based system would be going with a relegation/promotion based system (as European hockey and soccer(football) leagues do). Make the "National Conference" with 16 teams, and their championship is the national. The last two teams in the National have to play winners from other conferences to be in the national conference the next year.

BTW, Penn State should in the middle-PA conference, 10 levels down from the national playing teams like Mansfield Tech and Harrisburg A&M (I made those up). They can win their way back up in 15-20 years.

Edited by MattiPaj

I did too much of that over the last few days. My bank account needs a break.

Mine is at $16.06....but the bills are paid! And I have like 1/4 bottle of bourbon, 2 dogs by my side, all other members of the family in bed and the game on TV. I'm a very rich man.

No, seriously, I am. We just played 'Life' and I retired with damn near $4 million.

Mine is at $16.06....but the bills are paid! And I have like 1/4 bottle of bourbon, 2 dogs by my side, all other members of the family in bed and the game on TV. I'm a very rich man.

No, seriously, I am. We just played 'Life' and I retired with damn near $4 million.

:lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.