GDT:Nashville at Buffalo 2/28/16 7 pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

I know, that's why it needs to stop at some point.  Can't we start winning games but TM figures out this team could still be better with a new coach?

TM doesn't matter. DB will remain here until Pegula is ready to pull the trigger and given his fetish for all things Pittsburgh and the fact that DB is a man of faith it ain't happening.

You just know that Kulikov is going to re-injure his butt tonight.

Well, the worst-performing line was kept together, and the rest were jumbled:

Bailey-ROR-KO

Kane-Eichel-Gionta

Foligno-ERod-Reinhart

Ennis-Girgensons-Moulson

So Girgensons gets punished for playing his best hockey of the season, Reinhart gets bumped after a couple poor games to make room for Gionta, who has given us 2 points in his last 13 games, and has thus earned the chance to play next to Jack. An experiment which has worked incredibly well, the two have combined for zero even strength goals together in nearly 60 minutes played at ES. For example, a terrible pairing that we'd never want to try, Jack and Bailey, only has 3 goals together in less than 20 ES minutes. Oh, and did I mention Sam Reinhart will never get to develop as a center?

Attempt to showcase Gionta prior to the deadline?  :ph34r:

I know that's not likely the reason, but it's the only reason that would logically make sense.

TM doesn't matter. DB will remain here until Pegula is ready to pull the trigger and given his fetish for all things Pittsburgh and the fact that DB is a man of faith it ain't happening.

Faith seems to be an issue for you but not sure it is for the Pegulas. I think this would be Murray's call anyway.

Hamilton tweeted( from memory)

56/90/21

9/15/12

82/71/23

26/28/63

So we finally get that bum Reinhart out of the top 6. He probably should be in the A, but at least he's no longer polluting the top 6 & he thankfully won't be demonstrating a lack of creativity & vision at C anytime soon.

Much better to give Rodrigues more time at C and no more time w/ Eichel. Scoring 15 seconds after Eichel came out of the box must certainly shown the coach that he should NEVER play w/ Eichel because they clearly have no chemistry.

Thankfully, they won't have to see how Evan & Ryan O'Reilly could do on Eichel's wings. And we don't even have to see how Sam would run the 3rd line w/ Foligno & Gionta.

Definitely looking forward to watching tonight's game.

(Miss any others that time?)

(Aside for anybody not QUITE certain whether that was serious or sarcasm. It was ####ing sarcasm!!!!! :censored:)

Edited by Taro T

Faith seems to be an issue for you but not sure it is for the Pegulas. I think this would be Murray's call anyway.

https://buffalonews.com/2017/01/13/said-transcript-buffalo-bills-coach-sean-mcdermotts-introductory-press-conference/

Yeah, ok. It must be MY issue. Pegula flat out said "He is a smart, thorough, decisive, faith based winner". Oh and he was super impressed with his accomplishments in wrestling, a completely unrelated sport. I must be imagining the Pittsburgh fetish too, along with his past quotes about his infamous flat management structure where nobody has a monopoly on hockey knowledge.

It's not Murray's call by a long shot.

Edited by Drunkard

Looks like a lineup to show how Gio can play alongside good players. Maybe someone wants Rodrigues and they hope Sam can up his scoring potential tonight?

Hey.. you never know who is on the move.

Ah the trade deadline, where players who have played 10 NHL games and have shown nothing in the AHL are the subject of trade rumors.

Maybe it's punitive - not putting Sam at centre. For not sufficiently playing the system (?).

That's the only reason I could understand putting him on 3rd line wing.

I don't think it is. I think he's obsessed with sticking to his ways and his own beliefs, and one of them is that Sam is not a center.

Sam playing 3rd line wing, in favour of ERod at C, is damn terrible. And I really like ERod. Is DD actually that obsessed with Sam not playing centre??

Showcase! Hey, if Lazar can get a 2nd...

If you think Deslauriers is getting traded, you are Deslirious.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.