Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Signing Wood is a PR move?

Yeesh. If that's someone's idea of a PR move, they need to be terminated themselves.

Are a lot of Bills fans approaching their 70th birthday?  When my aunt turned 70, I bought her one of those Wood name/number t-shirts as a joke.  That's a huge PR boost he can bring to the table. :P

The Buffalo Bills have cut safety Bacarri Rambo and five other players, according to Chris Brown of the team’s official team website. The other players were offensive lineman Karim Barton, defensive end Jake Metz, running back Cedric O’Neal, cornerback Jumal Rolle and return man Rashad Ross.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/bills-cut-six-players/

Getting rid of your #1 WR, not signing your #1 CB, getting rid of your new #1 CB. There's a reason Boldin retired out of the blue. He saw the tank coming.

And let me be clear, I don't care if they do tank this year. It appears to be a good year to do it and they can really stack up the team for the future. But call it what it is.

Boldin retired because of Charlottesville. He said that. Wants to be an activist.

Not Bacari!!!! Boooooooo

So him quitting within days of those events was just a fluke. Lol sure.

Like a lot of things in life, there were almost certainly multiple factors.

He was most certainly feeling the pull toward post-football activism when he decided to sign up with the Bills. But he probably felt like he still had some football in him, and that he could be a good secondary option to a big threat like Watkins. Then the team traded Watkins. And then Charlottesville happened. His decision to retire followed all of that.

So him quitting within days of those events was just a fluke. Lol sure.

So him quitting within days of Sammy being traded was just a fluke.  Lol sure.

Like a lot of things in life, there were almost certainly multiple factors.

He was most certainly feeling the pull toward post-football activism when he decided to sign up with the Bills. But he probably felt like he still had some football in him, and that he could be a good secondary option to a big threat like Watkins. Then the team traded Watkins. And then Charlottesville happened. His decision to retire followed all of that.

There we go.

"So the Bills' grim preseason continues, draining away much of the blind optimism about their chances in the first year under Beane and Sean McDermott. It hasn't been this bad since 2009, when Dick Jauron fired Turk Schonert as offensive coordinator a week before the opener.

It's hard to say which is a bigger concern right now -- Taylor's head or Dareus's -- without knowing the severity of Tyrod's injury. A concussion is a troubling thing, especially when it's your starting QB and he's certain to take a lot of punishment when the, uh, real bullets fly.

But this is a harsh welcome to the big-boy jobs for Beane and McDermott, who arrived with high hopes but are now confronting the realities of the NFL." Jerry Sullivan, Buffalo News

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/27/bills-dilemma-head-injury-head-case/

I brought up the Dick Jauron and Turk Schonert references already. Not a good look for a new regime when these are the reference points that come to mind for fans and sportswriters covering the team.

Edited by jeffismagic

"So the Bills' grim preseason continues, draining away much of the blind optimism about their chances in the first year under Beane and Sean McDermott. It hasn't been this bad since 2009, when Dick Jauron fired Turk Schonert as offensive coordinator a week before the opener.

It's hard to say which is a bigger concern right now -- Taylor's head or Dareus's -- without knowing the severity of Tyrod's injury. A concussion is a troubling thing, especially when it's your starting QB and he's certain to take a lot of punishment when the, uh, real bullets fly.

But this is a harsh welcome to the big-boy jobs for Beane and McDermott, who arrived with high hopes but are now confronting the realities of the NFL." Jerry Sullivan, Buffalo News

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/27/bills-dilemma-head-injury-head-case/

I brought up the Dick Jauron and Turk Schonert references already. Not a good luck for a new regime when these are reference points that come to mind for fans and sportswriters covering the team.

I've neither praised nor been critical of Sullivan in the past, but this use of the phrase "big-boy jobs" just sounds douchey.

I've neither praised nor been critical of Sullivan in the past, but this use of the phrase "big-boy jobs" just sounds douchey.

Jerry seems to have it in his head that McDermott and Beane didn't know what they were getting themselves into or something. Which is just asinine.

I think the point is that being a head coach is a lot harder than being a DC under a defensive head coach with a first overall QB and being a GM is a lot harder than being Gettleman's administrative assistant.

Polian and Levy recommended Dick Jauron. So older Levy, Russ Brandon, Dick Jauron and Turk Schonert. But Peterman is less talented than Trentative.

We have our Bruce (Shaq), are making some big trades (a-la Biscuit), and are about to get our douchey QB next year (Rosen)

We're on our way to 4 more consecutive SB appearances. Give it time

I think the point is that being a head coach is a lot harder than being a DC under a defensive head coach with a first overall QB and being a GM is a lot harder than being Gettleman's administrative assistant.

Beane has already been AGM and filled in as Interim GM before. He knows what it's like

And pretty soon our defensive coordinator will be a DC under a defensive head coach with a first overall QB

We have our Bruce (Shaq), are making some big trades (a-la Biscuit), and are about to get our douchey QB next year (Rosen)

We're on our way to 4 more consecutive SB appearances. Give it time

Beane has already been AGM and filled in as Interim GM before. He knows what it's like

And pretty soon our defensive coordinator will be a DC under a defensive head coach with a first overall QB

I like my Koolaid spiked with booze but only on Fridays.

;)

Thank God he pointed that out, because everyone on the planet didn't already know that.

So him quitting within days of Sammy being traded was just a fluke. Lol sure.

There we go.

No I'm saying there are way more important things in life than football.

No to Tavares. As for Kane, I would like to see value if traded. If not, I would rather just keep him.

So keep him this year, or past that?

No I'm saying there are way more important things in life than football.

So keep him this year, or past that?

I am mildly pro-Kane. He brings a lot to like to the table. I also would not mind trading him if we got a nice young defensive prospect. For some reason, it feels like Pegulas might have already told Jbots to trade him. So what I want is not really relevant. I would not mind bringing Kane back for the right price.

I am mildly pro-Kane. He brings a lot to like to the table. I also would not mind trading him if we got a nice young defensive prospect. For some reason, it feels like Pegulas might have already told Jbots to trade him. So what I want is not really relevant. I would not mind bringing Kane back for the right price.

What reason would that be?  (Why do you feel that way?)