The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

On 7/24/2024 at 8:03 AM, PASabreFan said:

I'm in Elbonia right now or I would.

The flag of Elbonia, by one of the Pegula kids.

image.png.66bd013027d551ae97446dff05204a16.png

bring me back some Elbonian beer please.  I will pay you handsomely in Elbonian Bucks.  

Money Laundering GIF by funk

On 7/24/2024 at 4:15 PM, Taro T said:

Nah, it's the same one he wore to Tim Horton's funeral.  You can tell by the wider than currently in style lapels.

Heard he was pretty proud of it still fitting after all this time.

Lets not joke about that.   Certainly it an older coat that fits. 

On the positive side at 76  Duds is still physically fit and still smart enough to hold a job as a consultant to a Cup winning organization.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/7/2024 at 11:45 AM, #freejame said:

Don’t sleep on  Kriukov

Guy played 16 years in the KHL. Scored 42 career goals.

What the hell were they thinking? I’d love to hear his story.

11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Seriously, Floyd Smith... Seymor Knox dropping the puck... and Jean Beliveau?

Yes.  And Northrop Knox, Robert Swados, Rick Azar (channel 7 eyewitness sports) and tbd.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Yes.  And Northrop Knox, Robert Swados, Rick Azar (channel 7 eyewitness sports) and tbd.  

I see eight people (and dead people). Clarence Campbell is there.

In the stands I see Mrs. Walter Stemkowski of Lackawanna and I believe that's her sister Peg behind her. They had seasons until the mid 90s when they died days apart.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

They were hit moments after stepping off the downtown bus, by a drunken Zamboni, driver.

You heartless creeps, acknowledge them.

And a lucky fan from Elma catches that souvenir.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I see eight people (and dead people). Clarence Campbell is there.

In the stands I see Mrs. Walter Stemkowski of Lackawanna and I believe that's her sister Peg behind her. They had seasons until the mid 90s when they died days apart.

Yes, there are 8, and a lot of dead people.   Clarence Campbell is one of the 8, good catch.  I want to say that Freddie Hunt is one of them (he was the AGM and the Cinci Swords GM) but none of them look like him at all.  

Those sisters were really something back in the day.  And Peg was lovely, I do believe she had a wooden leg?  

41 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes, there are 8, and a lot of dead people.   Clarence Campbell is one of the 8, good catch.  I want to say that Freddie Hunt is one of them (he was the AGM and the Cinci Swords GM) but none of them look like him at all.  

Those sisters were really something back in the day.  And Peg was lovely, I do believe she had a wooden leg?  

After the accident, yes.

41 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Which one is Norty?

19 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I found a video where Ted says Buffalo Mayor Sedita and Munreal president David Molson were on the ice for the ceremonial faceoff.

The thick plottens.

Mayor Sedita could be the grey haired guy way in the back

Edited by Pimlach

• 2 weeks later...

I’m riding in a bus down the highway to the airport in Boston. It’s crazy looking down at cars and seeing that pretty much every other driver is on their phones. We just keep getting dumber and dumber by the second. People always say Idiocracy, but I think we’ll blow well past that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

46 minutes ago, shrader said:

I’m riding in a bus down the highway to the airport in Boston. It’s crazy looking down at cars and seeing that pretty much every other driver is on their phones. We just keep getting dumber and dumber by the second. People always say Idiocracy, but I think we’ll blow well past that. 

The phone use in the car is disgusting to me. Vehicles keep getting bigger and bigger while brains are getting smaller and smaller. We’re the only developed country in the world with a rise in pedestrian deaths.  

• Like (+1) 1