The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

14 hours ago, shrader said:

Does anyone with a ring door bell ever read what people post in their ap? It has to be a collection of the biggest idiots on the face of the earth. Just a few minutes ago while in the middle of a major thunderstorm that was firing off lightning bolts at a machine gun pace, this gem pops up on my phone:

”Thunder or gun shot? Did anyone hear that?”

Agree.  Lots of busy bodies posting alerts every time they see a stray cat or hear a fire truck.  

42 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Agree.  Lots of busy bodies posting alerts every time they see a stray cat or hear a fire truck.  

I need to start saving all the stupid ones. I could start a website similar to the people of Walmart. This thunderstorm one has to be the best one I’ve ever seen though. It is now full of great sarcastic responses now, which is even better. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, shrader said:

I need to start saving all the stupid ones. I could start a website similar to the people of Walmart. This thunderstorm one has to be the best one I’ve ever seen though. It is now full of great sarcastic responses now, which is even better. 

When you do, let me know.  I'll subscribe.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Does anyone have any experience being a vendor and using Apple Pay, Square, or some other method?

My wife was given a table at an Autism New Jersey event (which is absolutely awesome) to sell her book, and I don’t just want to point them to Amazon. I don’t trust them to buy it once they leave my sight.😂

11 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Does anyone have any experience being a vendor and using Apple Pay, Square, or some other method?

My wife was given a table at an Autism New Jersey event (which is absolutely awesome) to sell her book, and I don’t just want to point them to Amazon. I don’t trust them to buy it once they leave my sight.😂

Haven't personally run Square for payments (though do have an account for that and also a Paypal card reader; just haven't actually used either as got set up with both just before Covid hit and, well, things changed since then), but a NFP I'm associated with uses it annually for a major event.  It seems to be pretty easy to set up and then very easy to use if you have a laptop or tablet available.  And they've been using it to sell books, among other things, btw.

Would recommend you set it up and then run a small "test" tranaction to verify you can make it run flawlessly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

My wife has a Square reader for her business. Seems to be easy for her to use. Works for Credit cards, debit.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, French Collection said:

My wife has a Square reader for her business. Seems to be easy for her to use. Works for Credit cards, debit.

Same.  We also installed it at the youth baseball concession stand and it works great there as well.  I would recommend it.

• Like (+1) 2

Trying to fly to Barbados, left Toronto this AM... Sat on the plane for a 2 hour delay due to a tire issue.... Ok fine. 

Get up in the air, get about 2.5 hours into the flight, somewhere over the Atlantic, pilot comes on and says "we have a cracked windshield and we need to turn back" 😂 soooo around we go, back to Toronto. On the way off the plane we could see the "crack" it was not looking too good lol. 

Should have been drunk poolside at 1pm. Now just boarding again for a 2nd go at it. Hoping to get to the island by 10pm. We all got 30$ food vouchers at the airport and had a little time to stretch it out. 

The Post Covid travel woes continue. Not that this was really preventable, just comparing my vast travels pre 2021 to the flights since, night and dayyyyy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, shrader said:

There’s nothing better than heading out to fire up your grill and finding a possum in there. 

What kind of grill can these chubby creatures get into?  

19 hours ago, shrader said:

It’s down under the burners though, not very accessible. 

My wife would make me sanitize the entire grill.  

Edited by Pimlach

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

What kind of grill can these chubby creature get into?  

Umm, isn't that what happens every time you fire up the grill?  Or does your wife expect that possums possess some magical germs that can withstand several hundred degrees of heat over an extended time?

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

What kind of grill can these chubby creature get into?  

Last night I left the grill open and removed the grates. I was told to agitate it a bit, which should convince it to leave over night. It did. 

I just now looked over the entire grill and I have no idea how it got in. I’m assuming they’re strong enough to push through stuff because that’s the only way. But still, being able to do that while the grill was covered, the damn thing impressed me. 

And my wife doesn’t have to convince me to sanitize the whole thing. I’ll be buying a new one. I already needed to gut pretty much everything on the inside, burners and such. I was dumb and bought one of the cheap ones 4-5 years ago. This time it’s Weber all the way. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Umm, isn't that what happens every time you fire up the grill?  Or does your wife expect that possums possess some magical germs that can withstand several hundred degrees of heat over an extended time?

She is an old school retired RN and a clean freak.   I would have to go through the motions of cleaning it, then burn all the germs out, but it must be cleaned first.  This would be an operation under her careful supervision.  

I know my Sweetheart.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

She is an old school retired RN and a clean freak.   I would have to go through the motions of cleaning it, then burn all the germs out, but it must be cleaned first.  This would be an operation under her careful supervision.  

I know my Sweetheart.   

Well, like Jeff Allen says "Happy wife, happy life."  (Know he didn't come up with it, but that has kind of become his trademark.)

• Thanks (+1) 1

Love going around the world and seeing Zoobas; just yelling hello the only way a Buffalonian should "GO BILLS" 😂 Ran into a group from Buffalo down here at the resort, rocking Bills and Sabres gear. We drank heavily together. Just missing the flaming table. 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Love going around the world and seeing Zoobas; just yelling hello the only way a Buffalonian should "GO BILLS" 😂 Ran into a group from Buffalo down here at the resort, rocking Bills and Sabres gear. We drank heavily together. Just missing the flaming table. 

I love giving the let’s go Buffalo horn honk anytime I see a Bills or Sabres sticker on a car. It draws the same reaction every time.