The even randomer thread

Stoner

I like summer. It's OK, I'm white and don't tan well... So it's a but of a nuisance. 

Spring is crap 

Fall is OK for a few weeks. 

Give me SNOW!! and cold. I want to ice skate, ski and do all the other fun winter things! 

Enough of this lukewarm winter nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Weave said:
22 hours ago, SwampD said:

I am not a fan of summer. It can take as long as it wants before showing up. If it doesn't show up at all and we go right into fall, I'm fine with that, too.

Kenan Thompson What GIF by Saturday Night Live

As a native WNYer living in Texas, I get summer force-fed into me, way too much of it.  I enjoy rainy weather.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a fan of this weather.

For me, perfect weather is partly sunny/mostly cloudy (30-70% cloud cover) with morning temps in the 50's and afternoon highs near 70.  Light jacket weather for most of the day.

I lived in Florida for 4 years (and in south Carolina for a few months) and I hated it.  My wife and I could both lose our jobs here, have our property taxes double, and I still would find a way to NOT have to move to a southern/hotter state ever again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, steveoath said:

I have been messing with Ai again. I asked chatgpt to find and summarise the biggest thread on here. Then used the response as lyrics in another AI prog.

https://suno.com/song/aee86f85-896d-4896-907c-6daa7ce69a9c 

Nice.  Perhaps have ChatGPT put the summary into the form of song lyrics inspired by a certain artist and you might get something interesting.

Happy Fathers Day to the Dads.

My daughters ( adults ) are taking me to dinner later. Mom just had surgery and is recovering at the hospital. Will visit her for a while first. I will smoke a good cigar on my deck later and watch golf on the laptop. 

• Like (+1) 2

I just saw a clip from the LA kings about them going back to the 90s logo, narrated by Keifer Sutherland. The very next thing I saw online was the story that Donald Sutherland died. What a strange coincidence. 

• Sad 1

Since the Friday thread isn’t open……

Today is an awesome day.  My son gets married today.  Small ceremony followed by an old fashioned cookout at our house.  The weather is looking to be fantastic.  Every freaking flower in the gardens are in full bloom, which I don’t think has ever happened simultaneously.  The flowering cataulpa (sp?) tree is in full bloom.

Coolers of beer and wine are chilling.  Steaks from Palmer’s (IYKYK) seasoned and staged.  The backyard is set up and ready.

And chaos in the house as the bride to be is getting ready.

I’m so happy I’m even optimistic today about the Sabres and July 1.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Yeah, it does seem that way, doesn’t it?

I had a work social event yesterday.  I was joking with one person about this project we worked on that went completely south because the guy running it never responded to anything.  She mentioned that at last contact with the guy, she was about to go out on maternity leave.  I had to one up her.  Since that point, I now have two kids.

5 hours ago, Weave said:

Today is an awesome day.  My son gets married today.  Small ceremony followed by an old fashioned cookout at our house.  The weather is looking to be fantastic.  Every freaking flower in the gardens are in full bloom, which I don’t think has ever happened simultaneously.  The flowering cataulpa (sp?) tree is in full bloom.

Coolers of beer and wine are chilling.  Steaks from Palmer’s (IYKYK) seasoned and staged.  The backyard is set up and ready.

Enjoy every moment. Soak it in.  

10 hours ago, Weave said:

My son had a brunch wedding- we rented a hall early in the day.  After the brunch reception we invited everyone over to our house for Texas barbecue in the backyard.  It was a great time. 

I hope all went well with your son's big day.

• Like (+1) 1

I won't crap on anyone for enjoying their big day, it's big for a ton of people. And Congrats to you. 

I, personally, just don't get marriage. I'm Agnostic at best, so the religion factor can be wiped away, and i don't want to invite the government into any more aspects of my life. I can be with someone and be happy without a piece of paper telling me so. 

Hell, save all the money and go on an epic vacation with your significant other. 

21 minutes ago, shrader said:

I wish we didn’t have so many people coming out of nowhere to make this place completely unreadable. 

Don’t worry, I’ll be out of here again soon enough. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone with a ring door bell ever read what people post in their ap? It has to be a collection of the biggest idiots on the face of the earth. Just a few minutes ago while in the middle of a major thunderstorm that was firing off lightning bolts at a machine gun pace, this gem pops up on my phone:

”Thunder or gun shot? Did anyone hear that?”

• Agree 1