GDT: Capitals @ Sabres 12/9/2016 (7pm est, MSG)

LGR4GM

Exactly.

This is what you wanted.  Remember that.

I don't recall arguing for Murray to hire Bylsma. I don't recall arguing for the Tank (until the very end when, why the hell not?), and I think the aftereffect of the Tank is the real problem here. Losing's a way of life now. Or is this about Lindy... again?

I don't recall arguing for Murray to hire Bylsma. I don't recall arguing for the Tank (until the very end when, why the hell not?), and I think the aftereffect of the Tank is the real problem here. Losing's a way of life now. Or is this about Lindy... again?

It's about Lindy again.

I recall you, Kristian, and our dearly departed DeLuca pointing to Bylsma as an example of what good teams do.

Edited by Eleven

Guys, I didn't watch the game.... But to expect to beat a possible cup contender with the hogwash we have assembled?!?! Sure our forwards aren't getting it done, but that Defense, yuck.... Even when healthy

Wrong! It's the coach! Haven't you been reading?!

Guys, I didn't watch the game.... But to expect to beat a possible cup contender with the hogwash we have assembled?!?! Sure our forwards aren't getting it done, but that Defense, yuck.... Even when healthy

Maybe the defense wouldn't suck so much if the other team--whichever other team--didn't have the puck all the time because of dump and chase.

Wrong! It's the coach! Haven't you been reading?!

I read it every day :) I still think a different coach could make the team "fun" but I don't think we are doing any type of contending this year, especially trying to do it against the top tie teams

Maybe the defense wouldn't suck so much if the other team--whichever other team--didn't have the puck all the time because of dump and chase.

Our lack of possession is quite awful, so did GMTM not assemble the roster right , does DDB suck, do our players suck. Or just a cluster of all 3

Then the Sabres need to take on the Raiders identity because praying to win 1-0 or 2-1 sucks for everybody.

Let it fly and see what happens

I read it every day :) I still think a different coach could make the team "fun" but I don't think we are doing any type of contending this year, especially trying to do it against the top tie teams

Our lack of possession is quite awful, so did GMTM not assemble the roster right , does DDB suck, do our players suck. Or just a cluster of all 3

I don't think it's the players.

No.  I mean Bylsma.  Specifically.  This is what you wanted.

It's Eleven Water Torture. But I'm holding up. I mean, I just had to take my sweatshirt off because it was starting to get hot in here, but I'm OK, really.

I don't know what you want me to admit!!!!!!! Did I kill the old lady? GODDAMMNED RIGHT I DID HANDING ME THOSE HARD CANDIES ALL THE TIME I HATE WERTHERS I HATE THEM!!!!!!!

She's back behind the pumphouse on the old lease road. I put a large rock on her shallow grave so the coyotes wouldn't eat her up. I hate Werthers, but not that much.

Thank you, Eleven, for freeing me. Thank you. Now can you defend me? It will have to be pro bono.

Alright. We'll accept a historically bad offense, worse than when we lost on purpose except for the power play. Everything is fine.

I just don't know what else a coach is supposed to do when the team hits the post 5(?) times and misses gaping wide open nets as often as we do.

I mean, maybe he forgot to tell them, "the puck goes in there," and point to the net.

So every other historically bad team had much better luck, then?

Maybe. I don't know if there is a way of knowing that. I do know that it's a moot point, though.

The fact is, this is still a bad team that needs to learn how to not be a bad team. I've also stated that I am almost 100% sure that when we are a SC contending team DD won't be the head coach and letting him go and getting someone new will be just the push we need to take that next step. I just think it is way too early in the process for that to happen and it is certainly too early to whine about it every time we lose.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.